TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

considering Disney Infinity 3.0 is featuring star wars, wont happen :(

We might get it next year if rumors are to be believed. I don't need to spend any more money on this game, though. :blush:

I will also join the "I Want Eowyn in Lego Dimensions" group.

(Still can't believe we didn't get a minifig of her in the actual theme...)

That was the one thing that disapointed me most about the line. She was one of the characters I was really looking forward to the most. I think getting every heroine except Eowyn made it even more disapointing considering she was easily the best of the four and actually got involved in what was happening in the story. Arwen just showed up in a 5 minute-per-movie sideplot in Rivendell, Galadriel mostly made cameos as an exposition device and Tauriel's only purpose was to chase after one man because she couldn't have another.

If Lego is to add any female character from the series to Dimensions, I hope Eowyn is the one they pick first. She's long overdue for a minifigure.

About the new minifigures... in the confirmed list, it looks like that we don't really get new characters from the returning themes? At most only new hairpieces for Peter and DocBrown (that's remarkable, though). I still keep my hope in future expansions.

Its still pretty early though. Aside from DC each theme only has a couple minifigures each. In the case of LOTR they still need to get a few more core characters out first like Frodo and Aragorn before new characters become a possibility.

IGN posted a gameplay demo:

The Land of Oz looks awesome!

Edited by Robert8

About the new minifigures... in the confirmed list, it looks like that we don't really get new characters from the returning themes?

Almost, though Ghostbusters is getting Slimer and Mr. Stay Puft.

Its still pretty early though. Aside from DC each theme only has a couple minifigures each.

Well... again close, but not quite. So far, we know of:

8 from DC Comics

7 from Ninjago

5 from The LEGO Movie

4 from The Lord of the Rings

3 from Ghostbusters

3 from Legends of Chima

3 from The Simpsons

2 from Back to the Future

2 from Doctor Who

2 from Jurassic World

2 from Scooby-Doo!

1 from Portal 2

1 from The Wizard of Oz

... and nothing from Midway Arcade. That's fully half of the 14 themes and franchises that are so far represented by just two (or fewer!) known playable characters, but the other half have more, including three themes / franchises with five characters or more.

Almost, though Ghostbusters is getting Slimer and Mr. Stay Puft.

Well... again close, but not quite. So far, we know of:

8 from DC Comics

7 from Ninjago

5 from The LEGO Movie

4 from The Lord of the Rings

3 from Ghostbusters

3 from Legends of Chima

3 from The Simpsons

2 from Back to the Future

2 from Doctor Who

2 from Jurassic World

2 from Scooby-Doo!

1 from Portal 2

1 from The Wizard of Oz

... and nothing from Midway Arcade. That's fully half of the 14 themes and franchises that are so far represented by just two (or fewer!) known playable characters, but the other half have more, including three themes / franchises with five characters or more.

That's only for the launch wave of minifigures though, they might do more characters from the themes in the next waves.

That's only for the launch wave of minifigures though, they might do more characters from the themes in the next waves.

I know; that's why I said "so far" and "known". I'm assuming that there will be further characters (and likely even entire new themes and franchises) added every so often for years to come (unless the game flops so badly right out of the gate that they decide to cut their losses and abandon all their plans for it, which seems unlikely to happen).

So the Adventure Worlds have been shown to have multiple layers (You can drop down a layer from Oz to Kansas), this opens up a multitude of possibilities from the other Adventure Worlds, such as:

Portal: Go up to the surface or down into old Aperture

Doctor Who: Have multiple Time Vortex openings to take you to different times/planets (Gallifrey and Trenzalore pls if TT Games are reading this XD)

DC Comics: Being able to teleport to Lantern Worlds ala Lego Batman 3, or Oa in the least

Jurassic World: all the different Islands

Back to the Future: Different Time Zones

and so much more!

There has to be a least one Midway Arcade character coming because a its got a hub world and they need a figure from its franchise to be accessible.

They have already said that when they add more levels and characters it will add on to the original game and not a brand new game unlike the other toys to life games

So the Adventure Worlds have been shown to have multiple layers (You can drop down a layer from Oz to Kansas), this opens up a multitude of possibilities from the other Adventure Worlds, such as:

Portal: Go up to the surface or down into old Aperture

Doctor Who: Have multiple Time Vortex openings to take you to different times/planets (Gallifrey and Trenzalore pls if TT Games are reading this XD)

DC Comics: Being able to teleport to Lantern Worlds ala Lego Batman 3, or Oa in the least

Jurassic World: all the different Islands

Back to the Future: Different Time Zones

and so much more!

Even Ninjago has 14 parallel dimensions to it, 6 of which including Ninjago are known... (The fact that Chima is one of said parallel realms complicates things, though...

The open worlds trailer seemed like it was saying to unlock a certain hub you need a character from that hub, but i really hope this isn't true because I have no plans to get a simpsons character or the wicked witch but i definitely want to go to the worlds :sceptic: . That would really stink if you were confined to only the hubs that your characters are related to, sure I'll still get the stay puft marshmallow man to drive the mystery machine through ninjago but i want to be able to explore it all so hopefully I just miss understood the trailer :look:

The open worlds trailer seemed like it was saying to unlock a certain hub you need a character from that hub, but i really hope this isn't true because I have no plans to get a simpsons character or the wicked witch but i definitely want to go to the worlds :sceptic: . That would really stink if you were confined to only the hubs that your characters are related to, sure I'll still get the stay puft marshmallow man to drive the mystery machine through ninjago but i want to be able to explore it all so hopefully I just miss understood the trailer :look:

Sorry, it is confirmed to be true.

That's 1985 Hill Valley. It shows Mayor Goldie Wilson from 1985. (God I'm a nerd).

They also showed some Wild West BTTF areas a while back

Sorry, it is confirmed to be true.

Darn too bad, but it seems like a strange idea, the only wizard of oz character so far is the wicked witch, which to me doesnt really offer anything after seeing dozens of witches over the years, but one of the levels we've seen the most of is Oz so it seems dumb to not let us hang out their later without buying the witch :thumbdown: .

Just came across this ebay listing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Dimensions-Starter-Pack-Xbox-360-/321826826662?hash=item4aee5fa9a6

It had a pic of the top of the starter pack box... and it looks a bit different from the teaser picture from a few months back. This character caught my eye.

post-142735-0-53506400-1439153251_thumb.jpg

My guess is its from the midway arcade theme. I'm not sure who it is exactly. Any ideas?

Whoa, looks sick! Is it just a generic arcade goer? Very useful for city. (Love those printed pieces too!)

That sounds like a pretty valid guess. I just now noticed the Lego quarter "coin" on the right.

The base logo looks kinda like a green space invader...

space_invader_green_by_yonkerzz666-d4vskn1.png

There he is! Awesome, I think he reuses the face from that Town Fusion set.

Interesting!

dHKprhP.png

Arthur Parsons said all themes for Year 1 have been revealed.

Edited by CM4Sci