TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I wonder if we'll end up getting that flying monkey? Its the only figure on that artwork that hasn't gotten a physical release yet.

I know Lego couldn't do him to minifig scale, or even come close, but he just looks wrong as a normal sized minifig.

Can't agree more :sceptic: . I felt abit weird when seeing him coming, I don't know if I should be happy about it.... Hope that a bigger alterego would be done one day.

Also, they could really stand to add some more playable female characters now. There are still only eight out of 43 known characters - that's fewer than one in five, and they come from just six of the fourteen franchises.

Not at all - several other people have contemplated the possibility, though I think most of us are hoping it doesn't happen.

Okay, as I always complain, the lack of LEGO's original girls-oriented literally means missing a big chance of introducing more female playable characters. Not even to say the cases where leading protagonists being female.

The Witch and Chell are both very special license cases. Other than LEGO Ninjago, LotR and GB both happen to be the most guys-oriented licenses in these cases. If there's another wave then the Simpsons, Scooby-Doo! and DC heroines should really join the battle. Oh, and of course Eowyn... :tongue:

Edited by Dorayaki

The Witch and Chell are both very special license cases. Other than LEGO Ninjago, LotR and GB both happen to be the most guys-oriented licenses in these cases. If there's another wave then the Simpsons, Scooby-Doo! and DC heroines should really join the battle. Oh, and of course Eowyn... :tongue:

Completely agree, we need more ladies!

Can't agree more :sceptic: . I felt abit weird when seeing him coming, I don't know if I should be happy about it.... Hope that a bigger alterego would be done one day.

Okay, as I always complain, the lack of LEGO's original girls-oriented literally means missing a big chance of introducing more female playable characters. Not even to say the cases where leading protagonists being female.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Eowyn! :laugh: But don't forget about Dorothy too. It feels like a missed opportunity getting the rights to the Wizard of Oz and not including the main heroine (and her friends) as a playable character.

From the packs announced and starter pack assuming the animals and monsters have male and female characteristics (Scooby doo, Slimer male, Unikitty Female etc) the split between male and female is

Male - 35 (81%)

Female - 8 (19%)

Personally, I hope that some LEGO Elves characters might be added to LEGO Dimensions at some point, although I recognize that in this current wave it's unlikely. Right now we're more likely to hear about new characters from the already confirmed brands than new brands entirely. Still, imagine a pack with Naida and a mini Adventure Ship, or Aira and a mini Pegasus Sleigh!

We have 2 shots of a Saron minifigure. I think he will be playable.

What I don't like is the fact that you need ghostbusters in Wizard of Oz. Looks like in order to complete the game 100% you need all the characters...

Personally, I hope that some LEGO Elves characters might be added to LEGO Dimensions at some point, although I recognize that in this current wave it's unlikely. Right now we're more likely to hear about new characters from the already confirmed brands than new brands entirely.

Yeah, I think Elves is abit too new to join. To me, Friends and Elves both dedicate to developing a complete map of their own world yet, which should be very useful in such kind of explorative game. Though for now Friends have more recurring characters while Elvendale residents are still few...
It feels like a missed opportunity getting the rights to the Wizard of Oz.

I have faith in her even if the first wave of packs don't have her. Oz is pretty gender-friendly. :wink:

I wonder if we'll end up getting that flying monkey? Its the only figure on that artwork that hasn't gotten a physical release yet.

I bet a minifigure version of the Flying Monkey will show up in 2016, along with Dorothy and most of the other characters we've seen that look like they exist as actual minifigures. Also, seeing as that the Doctor can switch between all his incarnations, I really really hope other characters can switch between their variations as well. Angry Kitty, Techno Robes Kai, Classic Batman, etc.

What I don't like is the fact that you need ghostbusters in Wizard of Oz. Looks like in order to complete the game 100% you need all the characters...

well It's not like every single character has an ability that no other has, plus they released way back that the game could be completed 100% with just the starter pack, which I thought meant completing EVERYTHING but now that i think, that would kind of make the different abilities different characters have pointless and useless, but either way you'll never need all of the characters to do it all.

a little insight into the TARDIS alternate builds.

The TARDIS is noted as having a "Stealth ability"...

EDIT: Off-Screen Recording of Chell and Wyldstyle in the Bricksburg/TLM hub

EDIT 2: link:

Edited by Cheatster9000x

a little insight into the TARDIS alternate builds.

The TARDIS is noted as having a "Stealth ability"...

EDIT: Off-Screen Recording of Chell and Wyldstyle in the Bricksburg/TLM hub

EDIT 2: link:

I'm guessing the TARDIS Stealth ability makes it either go invisible or causes the chameleon circuit to start working. If the latter is the case, I hope it can turn into an organ. ("Tomb of the Cybermen" reference. :tongue: )

This LEGO Ideas project features a big Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

It has 9000 sup. so it'll make it to the next review for sure

Stay-Puft.png

Edited by Robert8

I'm sure the OP meant a minifigure-style monkey like the ones seen in all the in-game footage and art, as opposed to the more brick-built figure included with the Wicked Witch in her Fun Pack.

Personally, I hope that some LEGO Elves characters might be added to LEGO Dimensions at some point, although I recognize that in this current wave it's unlikely. Right now we're more likely to hear about new characters from the already confirmed brands than new brands entirely. Still, imagine a pack with Naida and a mini Adventure Ship, or Aira and a mini Pegasus Sleigh!

I've been hoping for the same thing. Of current LEGO themes that could conceivably be added to the game (i.e., nothing from Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc.), it's actually the theme I think would make the most sense to add that isn't in it already. I'd like to see all four main elf characters added, ideally the same way I've hoped for the four main Ghostbusters (one in a Level Pack, two in a Team Pack, and one in a Fun Pack). And as much as I love Ghostbusters and want the whole core team, I have to say it would make much more sense for gameplay purposes to have the four elves, since they all would have different abilities thanks to their different elemental associations.

I also very much want to see Éowyn, Velma Dinkley, and Marge and Lisa Simpson. From a female representation perspective it particularly rankles that those last two are (apparently) not included as playable characters, since the franchise is completely centered around a family that's three-fifths female, yet the only three playable characters known so far are the two male family members and a male supporting background character who's much less important in the show than the female family members.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Glad to see so many people hoping for Eowyn to make an appearance. I just think that this is the perfect platform for Lego to really produce a lot of characters and themes that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day. It will be interesting to see how distribution is managed.

Completely agree, we need more ladies!

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Eowyn! :laugh: But don't forget about Dorothy too. It feels like a missed opportunity getting the rights to the Wizard of Oz and not including the main heroine (and her friends) as a playable character.

Completely agree! I don't care if they include a brick-built Toto, we just need a Dorothy figure!

It would be laughable if they don't release a Dorothy minifigure after getting the Wizard of Oz license

It would be laughable if they don't release a Dorothy minifigure after getting the Wizard of Oz license

It's certainly bizarre to think the villain might be the only playable character and actual minifigure released.

Look at this hahahaa

It looks like he's having the time of his life :laugh:

11817191_1616387528646670_2177513280594945219_n.jpg?oh=49e8292275d2e6e9e6c31d24c99fdf45&oe=5656C357

Edited by Robert8

Look at this hahahaa

It looks like he's having the time of his life :laugh:

awwwww he's so cute. He looks huggable.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Apparently the main story revolves around the villain stealing characters from different worlds (Frodo, Robin...) - that could be the reason why some of the main characters from all franchises are not playable in the first version of the game. If this becomes a hit, we will surely get Frodo, Lisa Simpson and Dorothy figurines.

Generally, to not include one of the franchises Lego has which is aimed at girls is a tad annoying. My daughter would love it, though she is already really happy that Harley Quinn will be playable, as she has a huge crush on her. Also, when we first heard about this, we were completely sure that Lego Friends would be included, and were so much looking forward to take Gollum to Heartlake City. I would be amused for hours if I just could throw fish at all the pink minifigures living there.

Just imagine how great it would be - you could have Batman sobbing at all the colours. Or even better, he could try to rid Heartlake City of crime! You know, helping kittens down from trees, or catch that puppy that stole all the tennis balls and buried them behind the hairdessers! Endless opportunities. And then Olivia, Stefanie, Mia and Emma could go for a picnic in Mordor.

The same with Lego elves. Come on, we all want to Legolas to go there and wonder what the hell these colourful beings are supposed to be, with Gimli chuckling all the way through.

Oh well, can't have it all, but I hope they see the light soon and start adding girls stuff. It doesn't even have to be pink.

I will also join the "I Want Eowyn in Lego Dimensions" group.

(Still can't believe we didn't get a minifig of her in the actual theme...)

About the new minifigures... in the confirmed list, it looks like that we don't really get new characters from the returning themes? At most only new hairpieces for Peter and DocBrown (that's remarkable, though). I still keep my hope in future expansions.
Generally, to not include one of the franchises Lego has which is aimed at girls is a tad annoying. My daughter would love it, though she is already really happy that Harley Quinn will be playable, as she has a huge crush on her. Also, when we first heard about this, we were completely sure that Lego Friends would be included, and were so much looking forward to take Gollum to Heartlake City. I would be amused for hours if I just could throw fish at all the pink minifigures living there.

Almost sounds like my voice. :blush: Yeah, not just LEGO Dimensions, the main concern I have about the girls' themes is that LEGO is not giving a place for girls in most kinds of LEGO crossover media they've done. That's kinda disturbing when LEGO still want to keep them popular among the targeted girls simultaneously. And most important, as you said, Heartlake City would be a great addition to the world maps. Crossover between Elves and LotR also sound pretty fun.

Among the licenses part, I believe that Oz is pretty much a girls-friendly license, as much as Portal which features the sole heroine. But for now, these still seem to be inenough for the character roster. Hope that this can be solved in further expansions...

Edited by Dorayaki