TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I think LEGO has the best chance, since these are actual toys, not just molded statuettes. Certainly fits the toys-to-life name better.

So, I spent two days analyzing the top of that darn box...

I can't be wrong about Chell, right?! Who else can it be?! AM I CRAZY!?! AM I?!!?! AHHHHHHHHHH

Could be the S13 Unicorn Girl next to Superman? :look:

Guys the person on the left side and next to the speculated Slimer could be Steve :O

Edited by Ordinareo

I can't be wrong about Chell, right?! Who else can it be?! AM I CRAZY!?! AM I?!!?! AHHHHHHHHHH

Great work, although I'm not sure if this pic is true. If it is, are the characters classified by alphabet or theme? And also, does that list include all pack toy characters or not? There should be some characters that aren't unlockable via toys, in theory. Just hope that Olivia is in this game... Edited by Dorayaki

Chell? wow, if that would be true...

I don't know tbh, Portal = Valve and Valve = Not really Warner Bros...

And wouldn't portal be a little gritty for Lego? i dunno a little mad? it's a pretty dark story...

Chell? wow, if that would be true...

I don't know tbh, Portal = Valve and Valve = Not really Warner Bros...

And wouldn't portal be a little gritty for Lego? i dunno a little mad? it's a pretty dark story...

We will have to wait and find out.

Edited by Ordinareo

Great job analyzing that, J2G! They all seem to match up. And now that you mention it...that does look like Chell...

And if we get an actual Slimer I will be so happy.

I'm not sure I agree, j2, but that's a marvelous effort and I appreciate it. :)

There are always exceptions

Remember disney allowed the use of Star Wars on Lego Movie

They didn't, actually - the film makers were already in talks with Lucasfilm over using their characters in the movie when they got word of the impending sale to Disney. As soon as they found out they scrambled to sign the agreement with LFL before LFL finalized the Disney deal, since they were sure Disney wouldn't allow it once they fully owned LFL.

I like your thinking. :classic:

And the the fourth from the right (at the bottom row) looks like Poncho Emmet to me... e.e

the-lego-movie-western-emmet-minifigure-exclusive-promo-with-the-lego-movie-video-game.jpg

And the minifigure between the Wicked Witch of the West and Chell looks like the Cowardly Lion

Thanks for the effort, by the way!

Edited by Robert8

Great job analyzing that, J2G! They all seem to match up. And now that you mention it...that does look like Chell...

And if we get an actual Slimer I will be so happy.

Or it could be a Skreamer from Ninjago...

Thanks so much!!

Or the Swamp Creature from Monster Fighters

Second from the bottom right looks purple and orange to me, maybe Daphne from Scooby Doo. Harley Quinn fifth from top right.

Honestly though the more I stare at this image the more I become confused about how these minifigures are being categorized, it seems like they're all randomly placed.

Edited by strangely

I see Bartman next to Homer. Orange body, blue legs, purple head and a cape. The one next to Joker is definitely Harley

So when making this game lego has to do it assuming some people are going to be playing with just the starter pack which means one must be able to complete the entire story mode with just those three characters. but if they do it like that (and we're assuming they are) then would story mode only take place in lotr, dc, and the lego movie? because whats the point of having them go to ninjago if the player has no characters related to ninjago? i want them to have more than three worlds but someone had no simpsons characters are they going to want to go to springfield? and if they did, what would they do? the game talks of our three heroes going to different dimensions to save their friends but if the only way to play as their friends is to buy them, then what exactly are we saving? so the biggest question that comes from all of this is, does this mean there will be characters you can play as without the physical minifigures? maybe for example you go to ninjago and save jay, so you can play as him, but lego does what smash brothers did with amiibos and make it so if you want to upgrade (upgrades might be a cool addition) him then you have to buy the character and its like that for maybe a quarter of the playable characters. i doubt this is what's going to happen, i'm just trying to make sense of how this is going to work :sceptic:

The all red minifgure next to Scratchy is Kai, as Cole is the black minifigure to the right of that set of three, just2good.

Regarding Slimer...

Perhaps Slimer is a solid green mold of a Skreamer?

Another thing to keep in mind is Martian Manhunter, although that's iffy as there is not really any signs of red or dark blue.

Also, next to the supposed Slimer looks to be the Lion and Scarcrow from Wizard of Oz.

It would also be nice if one of those turned out to be either Vitruvius or President Business, as they are the last two Lego Movie characters besides MetalBeard (who would seem a bit unlikely due to his size) to get revealed.

Edited by Penkid11

Or the Swamp Creature from Monster Fighters

He was in The LEGO Movie.

Oh, the top of the box enlarged can be seen here.

Be sure to tick off how many you got right after the box has been fully revealed!

Based on just2good's list and some of my own deductions, here's an easy-to-read list starting from the first row of that image:

Marty Mcfly

Homer

?

The Scarecrow?

Wicked Witch

Scooby

Shaggy

Scratchy?

Kai

Cole

?

Joker

Harley?

?

Superman

Aquaman

Tin Man?

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Bart

Emmet

Bad Cop

Benny

Jay

Nya

Zane

Gollum

Legolas

Gimli

?

Laval

Cragger

Krusty

Unikitty

Eris

?

?

Johnny Thunder?

Skylor (unlikely)?

?

Lloyd?

I'm not sure about the ones in bold.

I see no Minecraft Steve. Well, ____.

But wait! Chell in this game. Portal isn't *that* dark, really. I'm more curious as to how TLG got Valve a license. Maybe it's because the two have been in talks for a special (game? set?) even before or just after the Cuusoo project didn't get there.

Which suddenly got me thinking: Portal 3 LEGO?

Sorry. Got off-topic.

I count 42 characters. Is it stacked enough, a bit small, or is it a boatload?

Edited by XAxles

I see no Minecraft Steve. Well, ____.

But wait! Chell in this game. Portal isn't *that* dark, really. I'm more curious as to how TLG got Valve a license. Maybe it's because the two have been in talks for a special (game? set?) even before or just after the Cuusoo project didn't get there.

Which suddenly got me thinking: Portal 3 LEGO?

Sorry. Got off-topic.

I count 42 characters. Is it stacked enough, a bit small, or is it a boatload?

Dude i said that the character left to and next to just2good's predicted Slimer looks like Steve.

Just found something quite interesting on this article from Metro:

Whether all of these will make it into the game is unknown, but we’ve been told unofficially that Doctor Who will definitely be a part of Lego Dimensions.

I'd still take that rumour with a pinch of salt, but it's still technically possible.

Dude i said that the character left to and next to just2good's predicted Slimer looks like Steve.

Sorry. Didn't recognize him.

One thing I haven't seen anyone address is the way the characters are grouped on the top of that box. Whoever the characters are, it's clear there are multiple "sections" or groups, which appear to be divided by a few vertical lines. What's that about? I'd guess it was something like base game / level packs / team packs / fun packs, or something like that, though I'm not sure.

Edited by Blondie-Wan