TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I would like it more if there was an actual theme and not just collectible Minifig +.

Also here is one of the villains from the game

16902301889_54c03fdc10.jpg

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Wow, LEGO took the Toy-To-Life idea and made it better! The only bad thing is the price... Maybe since ToysRus is pricy, it won't be that expensive in other retail stores. I also noticed that Two-Face is chasing Jay in UNIVERSAL...

When even the guy named "Tolkien" forgets The Lord of the Rings, I guess we understand the reportedly low sales of the Middle-Earth sets. How does that even happen?! :p

I've seen so many Legolas and Gimli minifig that I didn't remember them amongst the others. :blush: But really, I'm super happy Gandalf is part of the main set. Gives me a shred of hope for the future. (Though really, Gimli before Frodo?)

Hoping in the future we see more and more themes and characters. Personally, I'd love Clutch Powers in there, along with his Agents car as a vehicle. Chase McCain maybe a Wii U version exclusive? :tongue: Since it looks very WB-based... HP would be amazing.

Also the Amazon listing for Marty's pack says that it comes with a character, a vehicle, a level...and a weapon. Beware the mighty hoverboard!

Edited by Tolkien

I'm not a fan of these toy-to-life games since I don't like the idea of having to purchase each character separately, but I'll probably get this if only for the BTTF level pack alone. Dat Hoverboard! :wub_drool: The guitar and mini DeLorean are nice too. I wish Marty would at least have some different face printing, but I'll take what I can get. Definitely getting that adorable Unikitty variation as well!

It's nice of Gandalf to step in for Vitruvius in the Starter Pack. :tongue: $100 for that pack does seem quite high, although it kinda makes sense if you calculate about $50 for the game, $30 for the 269 pieces and minifigs, and $20 for the toy pad. The expansion packs also seem quite high if the reported prices are true.

The Wizard of Oz is indeed a surprise. With other Ideas licenses being in the game, perhaps we'll be getting that Lego Ideas Wizard of Oz set after all?

I hope TLG uses this opportunity to give us minifigs that we would otherwise not be able to get. There are still so many DC Comics, BTTF, LotR, and Ghostbusters characters we could get. Maybe they saved Raven and New 52 Harley Quinn for these fun packs? I hope not because those are characters we could easily get in a regular set which I would much prefer.

I really wish we could have Disney and Nickelodeon licenses in this game as well... :cry_sad: Also, where is Harry Potter? If LotR can be in the game, I don't see why HP couldn't. There better be an expansion for him and maybe Fantastic Beasts down the line.

Also the Amazon listing for Marty's pack says that it comes with a character, a vehicle, a level...and a weapon. Beware the mighty hoverboard!

I think you mean beware the power of Rock! :devil: Seriously though, coupled with Doc's sound system, Marty's guitar could be a weapon not to be trifled with. :grin:

Looks great, is there anything actually special about the model/minifigure.

Besides the fact that some are awesome? :p Well, I guess it depends on if you like chibi-fied vehicles. I'd love to get a small ecto without having to spend $60 Cdn on a set or Wonder Woman's invisible jet. Too bad we couldn't get Serenity. Fingers crossed for Harry Potter!

I'm not a fan of these toy-to-life games since I don't like the idea of having to purchase each character separately, but I'll probably get this if only for the BTTF level pack alone. Dat Hoverboard! :wub_drool: The guitar and mini DeLorean are nice too. I wish Marty would at least have some different face printing, but I'll take what I can get. Definitely getting that adorable Unikitty variation as well!

It's nice of Gandalf to step in for Vitruvius in the Starter Pack. :tongue: $100 for that pack does seem quite high, although it kinda makes sense if you calculate about $50 for the game, $30 for the 269 pieces and minifigs, and $20 for the toy pad. The expansion packs also seem quite high if the reported prices are true.

I definitely want at least some of these packs myself even if I don't get the game (which I don't even have a system for, at the moment), but the game does look fun, and I'd like to play it (especially if the packs are so expensive that one will want to make sure one maximizes the value one gets from them). Right now, I think I'd like to get all the LEGO Movie, Back to the Future and, perhaps, Lord of the Rings packs, as well as all the female characters from the other themes.

Marty having a guitar is a nice touch. Is that the first time it's come in that color?

The Wizard of Oz is indeed a surprise. With other Ideas licenses being in the game, perhaps we'll be getting that Lego Ideas Wizard of Oz set after all?

I think once an Ideas project is rejected, that's it for it, even if a similar set is made later; I don't think there'll be a Wizard of Oz set that carries Ideas branding (or generates income for that project creator), but it's quite possible there'll be a Wizard of Oz set (aside from this one). I don't think there's any real connection between that project and this license, and it was probably rejected then because LEGO just wasn't interested at that time (or possibly didn't want to do it without doing new molds for some of the characters, something they avoid for CUUSOO / Ideas stuff), but later on (now), with them already doing this game in partnership with WB anyway, and perhaps looking for additional family-friendly licenses from the WB catalog to fill out the game's offerings, they decided to go for it. At any rate, now that the license is open for this one little thing I think they'll probably do at least one other thing, since I find it too bizarre that they'd get the license just for a single minifigure, a small brick-built second figure and some game data.

I hope TLG uses this opportunity to give us minifigs that we would otherwise not be able to get. There are still so many DC Comics, BTTF, LotR, and Ghostbusters characters we could get. Maybe they saved Raven and New 52 Harley Quinn for these fun packs? I hope not because those are characters we could easily get in a regular set which I would much prefer.

True... although in turn, at least it beats the heck out them showing up solely as SDCC exclusives or some such thing, no? If only they could do Disney characters (including Lucasfilm, Pixar and Marvel). I'd dearly love that.

I really wish we could have Disney and Nickelodeon licenses in this game as well... :cry_sad: Also, where is Harry Potter? If LotR can be in the game, I don't see why HP couldn't. There better be an expansion for him and maybe Fantastic Beasts down the line.

Indeed, especially since it's the second-biggest licensed theme LEGO's ever done, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Harry show up - I fully expect it, actually.

I think you mean beware the Power of Rock! :devil: Seriously though, coupled with Doc's sound system, Marty's guitar could be a weapon not to be trifled with. :grin:

Since they not only pointedly include an actual LEGO guitar in the pack, but also show him playing it in the fleeting bit of footage we've seen, I have to assume it does have some sort of actual game function, and sonically subduing adversaries actually seems as likely a use as any.

It seems we're off to see the Wizard!

The Oz minifigures look amazing! But I was hoping they'd use the S11 Scarecrow and S2 Witch

I prefer actual licensed designs. though. It's clear that the S2 Witch was a substitute for the times when LEGO didn't foresee an Oz license. But I'm still crossing my fingers for Dorothy (and Toto), the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion to make physical appearances.

It's a shame about no Disney-related characters, but considering the game style itself, it would be like Mega B@$*s asking LEGO to create sets for them.

I prefer actual licensed designs. though. It's clear that the S2 Witch was a substitute for the times when LEGO didn't foresee an Oz license. But I'm still crossing my fingers for Dorothy (and Toto), the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion to make physical appearances.

It's a shame about no Disney-related characters, but considering the game style itself, it would be like Mega B@$*s asking LEGO to create sets for them.

We'll get at least a physical Wicked Witch of the West...... but that thing looks nothing like a winged monkey

16466829784_a2a1b118ea_b.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Wow, LEGO took the Toy-To-Life idea and made it better! The only bad thing is the price... Maybe since ToysRus is pricy, it won't be that expensive in other retail stores. I also noticed that Two-Face is chasing Jay in UNIVERSAL...

Pretty sure that's the Daily Planet.

I think that's Harley Quinn and Joker on the top 5th and 6th from the right.

So Disney owns Marvel and STAR WARS so we are NOT getting any star wars or toy story or avengers. Such a shame.

Also in the main cover of the box, it shows all the different dimensions, and I think that there is a Scooby Doo one. It's on the far right and it has a spooky house and tree and the moon. This makes sense since Scooby Doo is owned by Warner Bros.

Does seem possible, so let's see!

Jurassic World is unlikely, but Minions would fit with the information we got last year about a Minions theme. It would probably require new molds, so they wouldn't produce Minions for Dimensions unless they had a whole Them coming.

How is Jurassic World unlikely? LEGO has the license and one of Universal's other properties (BttF) made it in, plus if it means anything, you can see what might be a JW dinosaur LEGO figure on the bookshelf in the extended cut:

(around 2:31) If I were to have two "solid" guesses, I'd go with that and Scooby Doo.

More characters !

ZYgjJJz.png

Could the bottom third from the left and top second from the left be Bart and Homer respectively?

Yeah, Disney will most likely be absent (thank goodness, we've got enough already). What I'm curious about is why LEGO chose Oz of all things for the game. It wasn't a previously-held license, and it's enduring and iconic, but not necessarily in a peak of popularity. I'm glad it's going to be there, but it still seems sort of odd. I hope more DC characters will be available. I think it would be a good chance to make new characters, too.

Well Warner Bros. and its other licenses were already on board in a major way so why not include another negotiable license of theirs? Mix things up and surprise everyone with appearance that wasn't even a LEGO license initially in the first place!

I think the Ghostbusters picture is fake, but they will be in the game.

How'd ya figure? Can you prove that? Is it because Columbia Pictures may not be listed in the copyright on the website?

How'd ya figure? Can you prove that? Is it because Columbia Pictures may not be listed in the copyright on the website?

The picture is definitely fake. It wasn't posted on any official sites in my understanding. Plus, it wouldn't be very smart in terms of marketing to put a completely new hashtag that differs from the one every other teaser is using. And, notice how they didn't have an official Ghostbusters character reveal today... they only teaser posters all had their characters revealed. However, I'm confident they're in the game.

The picture is definitely fake. It wasn't posted on any official sites in my understanding. Plus, it wouldn't be very smart in terms of marketing to put a completely new hashtag that differs from the one every other teaser is using. And, notice how they didn't have an official Ghostbusters character reveal today... they only teaser posters all had their characters revealed. However, I'm confident they're in the game.

Yep, they're coming. PKE meter in the extended trailer pretty much confirmed it. Especially since right after that was a scene from the Wizard of Oz.

Did anyone else notice that those voices in the trailer either were or sounded very similar to Ian McKellen, Elizabeth Banks, and whoever does Batman in the Lego Batman games? Could Michael J. Fox do Marty's voice? :grin:

Edited by Tolkien

the extended version shows a ghostbusters device In the man's hand

And they will release New packs from time to time, like Disney Infinity

Probably will release ghostbusters after the New movie, in production.

I am veryhappy with the game And its possibilities, I just want star wars ON it but it seems impossible

Edited by Mr Meleca

We'll get at least a physical Wicked Witch of the West...... but that thing looks nothing like a winged monkey

Anyone else notice its actually a "Wiched" Witch? :tongue: I agree about the monkey, I think they could put a hat and wings on the old pirates monkey and get a better version!

I think LotR isthe only discontinued major license that this game includes, which isn't very logical along with Oz and BTTF. Seriously expect that this is a hint for upcoming physical sets.

Now the gap between Disney properties and Warner bros makes the whole TLM crossover world very restricted, sadly. The first half do hold half of the massive popular LEGO characters (I believe Queen Elsa' magic could double the sale :tongue: ). The ignored original LEGO themes like Chima and Friends make the situation even worse. Just hope that the characters and themes can be added by DLC packs.

The transmission equipment make these packs so expensive. If the cost doesn't make up a problem, I expect this system to be more widely used by giving every major LEGO regular set playable characters so that every consumer would like to touch this game. Hope that Dimension 2.0 could reach this goal.

Yep, they're coming. PKE meter in the extended trailer pretty much confirmed it. Especially since right after that was a scene from the Wizard of Oz.

Did anyone else notice that those voices in the trailer either were or sounded very similar to Ian McKellen, Elizabeth Banks, and whoever does Batman in the Lego Batman games? Could Michael J. Fox do Marty's voice? :grin:

I did notice that! I believe I read elsewhere that it is indeed the same voice actor for Batman that plays him in the LEGO Batman games, though I don't recall the source at the moment. Personally, I'd love it if Will Arnett were doing him again, but this will be great, too.

Ghostbusters would be perfect for a Team pack, with a mini-Ectomobile. Perhaps Stantz and Zeddemore?

Licensed themes I consider good or likely candidates for inclusion:

Ghostbusters

The Simpsons

Scooby Doo

Harry Potter

Jurassic Park

... and some wild cards:

Minecraft

Doctor Who

Homegrown LEGO themes I think are plausible or likely:

City

Castle

Minifigures

Friends

Elves

Bionicle

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Scooby Doo is definitely in there. On closer inspection the haunted house on the right side of the box seems to be the haunted house featured in the opening credits of the original series (Second season).

City

Castle

Minifigures

Friends

Elves

Bionicle

I think Mr. Gold is that box, next to Unikitty.

Licensed themes I consider good or likely candidates for inclusion:

Ghostbusters

The Simpsons

Scooby Doo

Harry Potter

Jurassic Park

... and some wild cards:

Minecraft

Doctor Who

City

Castle

Minifigures

Friends

Elves

Bionicle

All that jazz and no one complains about the lack of Mixels?

Regarding Bionicle...

Wouldn't be interesting if they did "Dimensions Masks?" A special exclusive mask that can only be found in the dimensions sets that allows you to play as the mask's corresponding Toa.

Something similar to this:

dimensions_maybe.jpg

Except instead of a 4x4 dish, a Dimensions disc, and with a specially colored Gen2 Hau, or something similar that unlocks Tahu.

Exactly where are people seeing Ghostbusters in the extended cut?

As Joel is putting together the portal after dumping the pieces out, a couple of elements start to vibrate and jiggle around a bit. Joel says "well, that's not... normal," and then gets a reading with a PKE meter before proceeding. The PKE meter (PsychoKinetic Energy) meter is a piece of Ghostbustin' equipment.

All that jazz and no one complains about the lack of Mixels?

Oh, no, Mixels should be a strong contender too, I'd guess. I just forgot about it when I posted those others.

I would like it more if there was an actual theme and not just collectible Minifig +.

Also here is one of the villains from the game

16902301889_54c03fdc10.jpg

ARGGGGHHHH LEGO worlds with no LEGO? ONCE AGAIN?!