TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Would the Mega Bloks Minions sets mean they are excluded from the game?

Probably. Didn't know minions were in mega bloks. I only mentioned minions and Jurassic because they both have movies coming out this summer.

There's an obvious reason this game is not available for PC- the entire toys-to-life gimmick wouldn't work! Computers are not created so toy figures can be transferred into video games, so that's why Dimensions does not have a PC version.

The Skylanders Power Portal (at least the original one) had a USB port so it could be plugged into the computer and then you could import the toys into their online Universe game (okay, it was a free-to-play MMG, not a console game (but they were related somewhat), but my point is that computers could probably support the toys-to-life gimmick). So what you said might or might not be the reason Dimensions doesn't have a PC version :classic:

Besides, you can buy a Skylanders Trap Team starter pack for a tablet computer, at least in my country anyway (no idea if it's a cut-down version of it or a full version, I've never played it), so it would have been nice for LEGO Dimensions to release something similar to cater for those who don't have these mega-expensive consoles. I don't know, maybe we will see something like this considering that many TT Games eventually get released on iOS via the App Store...

Looks great, is there anything actually special about the model/minifigure.

There's a website for the game here.

There's a picture of the XBOX ONE packaging with a list of all the characters on top. Can anyone make out any that weren't announced yet?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by EZNetwork

Hey guys, my first post here!

I just pre-ordered Lego Dimensions on PS4 and also Pre-ordered the Gimli Funpack the Wonder Woman funpack and Back to the future level pack thingy.

Really excited for this and i love the fact you have to build the stuff your self before you use it, like you have to build the portal first.

Also nice to meet you all! My real name is Matty :)

I only recognize Unikitty, but there are 41 characters/vehicles shown on the starter pack. Only 35 characters/vehicles are known now. There are 18 known characters, and I count 19 on the box. There are 17 known vehicles, but I count 22 on the box. Assuming I'm seeing vehicles and characters on the box and I'm not mixing any up, I'd say we're getting at least one more fun pack/level pack. If the box omits the characters/vehicles from the Starter Set, there will be 4 more characters and 6 vehicles.

Hope this helps and I hope i'm not confusing the vehicle section with the character section (assuming I should do that)!

Edited by Master_Data

The are used with the toy pad. Presumably to unlock characters and or expansion world.

I think that's Harley Quinn and Joker on the top 5th and 6th from the right.

So Disney owns Marvel and STAR WARS so we are NOT getting any star wars or toy story or avengers. Such a shame.

Also in the main cover of the box, it shows all the different dimensions, and I think that there is a Scooby Doo one. It's on the far right and it has a spooky house and tree and the moon. This makes sense since Scooby Doo is owned by Warner Bros.

Edited by VictorFrenchFries

Tangentially, this whole thing illustrates the need for a rethinking of the way EB officially categorizes topics. It was already bad enough that LEGO video games got lumped in here in Culture & Multimedia alongside discussion of things completely unrelated to LEGO, but now it's resulted in an actual LEGO theme using real, physical LEGO pieces dragged here as well. Who wants to have to go to the non-LEGO forum to discuss LEGO?!

Ah, well. Anyway...

I must say, I'm excited for this game; it'll probably have me cave and finally get one of the systems it's on. It's completely bizarre that a whole entire license is debuting with an add-on for this game, but hey, if that's what it takes to get official The Wizard of Oz LEGO, I won't complain.

OH MAH GOD!!! I just realized, we could get Harry Potter figures since that's Warner Bros. Right? The game is BG Warner Bros, is it not?

Edited by VictorFrenchFries

Tangentially, this whole thing illustrates the need for a rethinking of the way EB officially categorizes topics. It was already bad enough that LEGO video games got lumped in here in Culture & Multimedia alongside discussion of things completely unrelated to LEGO, but now it's resulted in an actual LEGO theme using real, physical LEGO pieces dragged here as well. Who wants to have to go to the non-LEGO forum to discuss LEGO?!

Right here.

OH MAH GOD!!! I just realized, we could get Harry Potter figures since that's Warner Bros. Right? The game is BG Warner Bros, is it not?

LEGO, take back Legolas and/or Gimli and give us this!

I am so excited for this theme. It seems to get better and better.

So far, no. The bases are the real important pieces. The models and figures just show what's being imported into the game, but the stands themselves are what transmit the models/figs.

Yes, I think those are among the strongest candidates for inclusion in the game / theme, given how largely Warner-centric it is and how apparently unconcerned they are about including characters from themes that aren't otherwise currently active (with the Middle-Earth stuff apparently going away soon, the sole other Back to the Future set having already been discontinued and The Wizard of Oz having never appeared in any official LEGO thing at all before this).

Oh come on, $100 for the starter pack?! I'd understand if the game itself was an actual $60 package, but it's not! It's lacking on-disk content, simply reuses the same formula and assets the rest of the 27 Tt games have all used, and it's "scanning" ability only applies to pre-built minifigures and vehicles, essentially putting the characters I couldn't be bothered to unlock for free behind a paywall. It should be priced way less than that considering.

If it was like a Lego Universe/Creator-esque game where you could build anything and the real world Lego bricks could be scanned in through a portal scanner a la Fusion, I would be throwing my money at this idea whatever the price, but this.... Ugh. I'll wait until the price drops for now.

Do I spot a golden "grapple" handle on the machinery in that picture of Jay?

Two-Face would be a neat little set, but it wouldn't be new to me.

The ridiculous price of the starter pack comes from the amount of figures included, the game itself, and the technology to make the gimmick work. So it has to be that expensive if the player wants to do something with the game before buying the extra packs to expand gameplay.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The ridiculous price of the starter pack comes from the amount of figures included, the game itself, and the technology to make the gimmick work. So it has to be that expensive if the player wants to do something with the game before buying the extra packs to expand gameplay.

No, that's what they want you to think. NFC chips/readers are much cheaper to produce than they're usually sold for, (just look at the cost of Nintendo's NFC reader in the gamepad that can read all Amiibos) the minifigures cost tuppance compared to molded statues, and... The Lego game that usually should only cost $40 tops is lacking over 2/3rds of it's content, locked behind the other overpriced packs that will gain enough profit from themselves in the first place to more than cover for the usual Lego game's "loss" at pricing it below $60, which if ever did happen, would be impossible.

I appriciate that the portal is at least made out of a decent amount of Lego bricks, and it's why I would have been accepting of a price higher than $60, but $100 is just greedy. I can get a game that lets me play a real guitar on a console for less than that.

Hoverboard...drool! Too bad marty doesnt have his bttf2 jacket and cap. Will there be more bttf characters? I do hope so.

This game looks completely amazing! DC, BTTF, Wizard of Oz, Ninjago, TLM all in one game? And GHOSTBUSTERS! Yeeees!

Also, I think I see Homer on the top of the starter pack.

This game looks completely amazing! DC, BTTF, Wizard of Oz, Ninjago, TLM all in one game? And GHOSTBUSTERS! Yeeees!

Also, I think I see Homer on the top of the starter pack.

When even the guy named "Tolkien" forgets The Lord of the Rings, I guess we understand the reportedly low sales of the Middle-Earth sets. How does that even happen?! :p

Aside from the six confirmed themes, I'd guess City might be a super-easy addition, and signs do seem to point to Ghostbusters and perhaps The Simpsons going in here. Then again, if they can throw in The Wizard of Oz, which has never had a LEGO set before now, I guess the possibilities are endless, as they need not be constrained by previously existing licenses - probably the only things to rule out are things held by competitors, whether they're competing toy brands (e.g., Hasbro, Mattel, etc.), or competing collectible toy video game worlds (e.g., Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Amiibo, etc.).

If they're opening this to anything (reasonably family-friendly, of course) in the Warner library, well, wow... What else could we get? Official LEGO Dimensions Casablanca Team Pack, with minifigures of Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund? The 2001: A Space Odyssey Fun Pack, with minifigure Dave Bowman? Minifigure Willy Wonka?

Seems like Aquaman's present as well... The orange top with green pants + sandy hair gives it away...