TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

As mentioned before, Disney (and Marvel) will most likely be absent from the game, since it provides competition to Disney Infinity, which uses both Disney and Marvel characters.

There was a Wizard of Oz movie not too long ago. Not sure how well it did. And both BTTF and Oz obtained 10,000 votes on ideas and are liked by adults. And the wizard of Oz shares a reality side/fantasy side with The Lego movie. I think having the emarald city is just plain cool. What they could do with it in a game like this is way beyond what one could get out of a set.

Presumably, the whole game seems to be an open sandbox style of game, with levels accessed from the hub worlds. Not too different from previous LEGO games, but the way things are unlocked differs.

I've never played a game like this, but is it possible to have an open-world hub?

The lego games LoTR, batman 2 and marvel are all open world.

The lego games LoTR, batman 2 and marvel are all open world.

Will Dimensions be like those considering that it's a toys-to-life game?

Edited by Master_Data

I would hope so, otherwise, it's not worth my time. It seems like it's going to be an open-world system on a much larger scale than before.

Who is this? Doesn't seem to have a pack of his own, so what license is this guy from?

16902301889_54c03fdc10_q.jpg

Edited by Master_Data

The Flickr link has comments saying he's a villain named Lord Vortech. So, essentially a Western-looking AntiMatter?

The Flickr link has comments saying he's a villain named Lord Vortech. So, essentially a Western-looking AntiMatter?

The first cowboy Sith.

© 2015 The LEGO Group. ™ & © DC Comics. THE LEGO MOVIE © The LEGO Group & WBEI. © New Line. ™ & © SZC lic. to WBIE. ™ & © Universal Studios and U-Drive Joint Venture. ™ & © WBEI.

The trademark listing from legodimensions.com. That could change but as of now only licenses owned by thoses companies will be a possibility for lego dimensions. Jurassic World and minions being among them.

© 2015 The LEGO Group. ™ & © DC Comics. THE LEGO MOVIE © The LEGO Group & WBEI. © New Line. ™ & © SZC lic. to WBIE. ™ & © Universal Studios and U-Drive Joint Venture. ™ & © WBEI.

The trademark listing from legodimensions.com. That could change but as of now only licenses owned by thoses companies will be a possibility for lego dimensions. Jurassic World and minions being among them.

Jurassic World is unlikely, but Minions would fit with the information we got last year about a Minions theme. It would probably require new molds, so they wouldn't produce Minions for Dimensions unless they had a whole Them coming.

I only wanted the game at the PC, but it's only for consoles.. :look:

Seems like TT's forgotten about about PC games. The only reason I'm buying these is for the figures unless they announce a PC version.

Finally. I've known about this for a while thanks to a friend but I didn't know about some of the details like the Wizard of Oz or Back to the Future stuff. :)

Wish Disney would join in...

Well... it was only a matter of time before LEGO jumped on the toys-to-life bandwagon which Skylanders started, and it does look really quite good. Shame that a. the most modern games console I have is a Wii, and it looks like only a Wii U version is being made, and b. I won't have any money to invest in something like this. I used to play the original Skylanders game (but only because my favourite video game character, Spyro the Dragon, was in it), but I gave up on it and sold most of it shortly after Giants came out.

I wonder if it will also have an online game element, like Skylanders did? That could potentially draw customers who don't even have a console to buy the "fun packs". But I imagine the game will be more like Disney Infinity (I've never played that though so I don't know exactly how the gameplay works). Just guessing. I wonder if the demand for this will be as high as demand for Skylanders was just after the Christmas it was first launched...

But I guess this is probably the final nail in the coffin for my hopes that I would see a LEGO Spyro one day...

Jurassic World is unlikely, but Minions would fit with the information we got last year about a Minions theme. It would probably require new molds, so they wouldn't produce Minions for Dimensions unless they had a whole Them coming.

Seems like TT's forgotten about about PC games. The only reason I'm buying these is for the figures unless they announce a PC version.

Thats strange cause Lego Avengers is getting a PC version?

The individual figures are too expensive tbh. € 10,00 is more than reasonable € 15,00 is just pushing it.

There's an obvious reason this game is not available for PC- the entire toys-to-life gimmick wouldn't work! Computers are not created so toy figures can be transferred into video games, so that's why Dimensions does not have a PC version.

Would the Mega Bloks Minions sets mean they are excluded from the game?