TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

No love for PC? :distressed:

LEGO's basically forgotten that PC exists, except for the bigger licensed Traveler's Tales games.

So, from the movie, this will basically be LEGO Universe, but with licenses. And presumably without any real continuity, so that they can just keep adding new licenses in.

I feel like posting a long commentary on everything that I dislike about this, but I'm going to take the wiser choice of dropping out of the conversation, and moving on with my life. Sooner or later, someone will remake LU. High-quality environments can easily be made with a combination of LDraw and Blender. And if someone knew Unity or another engine...things could be done.

The level packs are a bit expensive, £29.99 for the Back to the Future pack is ridiculous.

The Wicked Witch will be mine! I also love witches and wizards, so she'll be great. It's sort of a shame that so many of the figures are repeats from old sets. I'm assuming the stand matters and the fig's extra, but still. But a new Unikitty? That's great!

I'm assuming the special bases for the game are what's making them more expensive.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Removable figure will make or break this for me as I don't own any of the consoles listed. I think they will be removable- the vehicles are- but you never know.

The Wicked Witch will be mine! I also love witches and wizards, so she'll be great. It's sort of a shame that so many of the figures are repeats from old sets. I'm assuming the stand matters and the fig's extra, but still. But a new Unikitty? That's great!

I'm assuming the special bases for the game are what's making them more expensive.

Yeah, the bases are what makes the packs so pricy. If they include them in sets, I hope it doesn't hike up the price. I hope they release sets for LEGO Dimensions though. The chance to finally get a Balrog with Batman and Riddler! :tongue:

Edited by NuffSaid1996

Removable figure will make or break this for me as I don't own any of the consoles listed. I think they will be removable- the vehicles are- but you never know.

The figs are removable- that's why the bases are labeled. It would be against LEGO's philosophy to have a theme/game focused on combining the toys with the game if the figs were fused to the stands.

I wonder how long this game will keep going. I'm sure there will be many many more packs and characters to add to the game. It's overwhelming, but it sounds fun.

The figs are removable- that's why the bases are labeled. It would be against LEGO's philosophy to have a theme/game focused on combining the toys with the game if the figs were fused to the stands.

I wonder how long this game will keep going. I'm sure there will be many many more packs and characters to add to the game. It's overwhelming, but it sounds fun.

As far as the extent of the game, Look at how well Skylanders, and Infinity have done. Lego will not put this to bed for a very long time! This is a huge cash cow!!

That cost is unfortunate, but considering the scale of the game and the technology involved, I suppose the price is justified. Not counting the hundreds of packs you must buy to get characters and levels....

Edited by 8BrickMario

It's a something innovative but doesn't surprise me that LEGO would do this. The major problem is that this technology could only interact with the toys that are exactly designed for this game, but we couldn't use the current minifigures and bricks we have on hand, like the Fusion case last time. This would somewhat violate the natural rule of LEGO bricks.

Also, as long as it hasn't ensured to cover all major LEGO themes and licenses, it doesn't seem right to give a certain theme/license better favor by having multiple toy packs while other themes has zero. Since selling physical minifigures isn't what this game is doing, I think it's more fair to give every theme a pack so that every theme lover could enjoy this game.

So far, the unannounced current LEGO major themes (by my standard) are Chima (arguably), Undercover (the WiiU predecessor), Friends, Elves, CMF series, Disney, TMNT, Simpsons and upcoming Scooby.

Ironically and weirdly, the choices of known themes also don't seem to reflect on certain decisions LEGO made recently. Rejected Ideas Oz and the second BTTF set, no 2015 LotR sets anounced. I'm not sure if LEGO is testing the market or just wants to hear more shouts from FOLs. :tongue:

Well... Wow. A game conceived of such awesomeness, they not only integrated multiple existing licenses but added at least one whole new one just for the game (!). Can more The Wizard of Oz packs be far behind?

It's a something innovative but doesn't surprise me that LEGO would do this. The major problem is that this technology could only interact with the toys that are exactly designed for this game, but we couldn't use the current minifigures and bricks we have on hand, like the Fusion case last time. This would somewhat violate the natural rule of LEGO bricks.

Also, as long as it hasn't ensured to cover all major LEGO themes and licenses, it doesn't seem right to give a certain theme/license better favor by having multiple toy packs while other themes has zero. Since selling physical minifigures isn't what this game is doing, I think it's more fair to give every theme a pack so that every theme lover could enjoy this game.

So far, the unannounced current LEGO major themes (by my standard) are Chima (arguably), Undercover (the WiiU predecessor), Friends, Elves, CMF series, Disney, TMNT, Simpsons and upcoming Scooby.

Ironically and weirdly, the choices of known themes also don't seem to reflect on certain decisions LEGO made recently. Rejected Ideas Oz and the second BTTF set, no 2015 LotR sets anounced. I'm not sure if LEGO is testing the market or just wants to hear more shouts from FOLs. :tongue:

For CMFs, there are two options. A marked-up CMF series to promote the game? No thank you. I wouldn't object to rereleasing older (popular) CMFs with Dimensions bases in a few sets, however.

I would absolutely love more Oz packs. Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Lion, and the Scarecrow looked really good in the trailer!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I don't think we'll be getting any Disney themes in this for a long time, if at all. Chima and TMNT are done, but Friends and Elves should have a presence. Star Wars should be in as well, but, once again, Disney's being a big pain when it comes to WB products.

My goodness this looks fantastic. The demand for these little guys are going to be crazy as all of the minifigures included are some of the hardest to find (most of them).

Now if they were to get Star Wars on board... that... that's where things would get crazy!

I just hope the game is good. All the recent Lego games by the looks of it have been really so-so.

Here's to hoping.

You do realize this game was announced today, correct? And they announced expansions packs already and have stated there are more to come. They certainly don't do lego games for every theme so I fail to see the unfairness, to whom I'm not sure, to other themes. A game like this means expansion packs could be released for decades to come, if the game is successful. The phrase putting all of ones eggs in the same basket does come to mind.

Also, the chosen themes make perfect sense. Obviously they are popular subjects and that will be a big draw for many. This game however has nothing to do with Lego Ideas other than the fact tha sets that reach 10,000 votes is a good indicator of their appeal. Taking advantage of that obvious appeal to want is happening here.

For CMFs, there are two options. A marked-up CMF series to promote the game? No thank you. I wouldn't object to rereleasing older (popular) CMFs with Dimensions bases in a few sets, however. I would absolutely love more Oz packs. Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Lion, and the Scarecrow looked really good in the trailer!

I don't think we'll be getting any Disney themes in this for a long time, if at all. Chima and TMNT are done, but Friends and Elves should have a presence. Star Wars should be in as well, but, once again, Disney's being a big pain when it comes to WB products.

Well yeah, this could conflict with the MMO game which already gave CMFs spotlight. But since CMF also showed up in TLM1, their absence would be abit strange.

I'm not sure how Warnar Bros approved Oz (and how the Idea failed), but in this case I expect to see a regular Oz set that truly allow us to get more characters.

Star Wars showed up in TLM1, so I think SW can pass in this case. On the other hand, popular Disney licenses like PotC, Frozen and Pixar films are used by Disney Infinity now, which creates more troubles for them in this game

> Friends

Urghhhhhhh......

rbr3qVP.jpg

17089320401_16668461a9.jpg

Honestly, do you WB have to give every ninja a pack but not at least leave one for Laval or Emily? :tongue:

Edited by Dorayaki

I just thought of something. LEGO could go the amiibo route by having exclusive and limited-release packs. I hope they're not like that, since it [revents people from getting the characters they want in-or out- of game. Even if the scope is so large there's no such thing as 100% completion.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The dimensions game is in direct competition with Disney's infinity game so its very unlikely we will be seeing disney owned themes.

It's also very likely that all TLG owned themes will eventually be added. Having the wizard of oz and LoTR makes sense since neither have sets and both are popular thus enticing a broader range of non lego buying players.

I assume this would be the reason why those Ideas projects were rejected, but that's just my guess.

Star Wars showed up in TLM1, so I think SW can pass in this case. On the other hand, popular Disney licenses like PotC, Frozen and Pixar films are used by Disney Infinity now, which creates more troubles for them in this game

The TLM Star Wars cameo was something they started negotiating before Disney bought Lucasfilm, so that could be even harder.

That doughnut on Joel's desk at the end of the video might be a hint toward who else we might see in this game...

I also see a dinosaur on his shelf...

Ghostbusters :wink::laugh:

Ghostbusters was already part of the teasers...

11109698_1227963987230806_2301202375691395926_n.jpg?oh=efada0eee88d1b108394e5863f7bca4d&oe=55B40183

Edited by Transparency for Effect

Yeah, Disney will most likely be absent (thank goodness, we've got enough already). What I'm curious about is why LEGO chose Oz of all things for the game. It wasn't a previously-held license, and it's enduring and iconic, but not necessarily in a peak of popularity. I'm glad it's going to be there, but it still seems sort of odd. I hope more DC characters will be available. I think it would be a good chance to make new characters, too.

The game didn't excite me but the expansion packs with the baby vehicles are very appealing! Ghostbusters and some Marvel would be fantastic.

Yeah, Disney will most likely be absent (thank goodness, we've got enough already). What I'm curious about is why LEGO chose Oz of all things for the game. It wasn't a previously-held license, and it's enduring and iconic, but not necessarily in a peak of popularity. I'm glad it's going to be there, but it still seems sort of odd. I hope more DC characters will be available. I think it would be a good chance to make new characters, too.

Again, I'm not sure if this game series is a good excuse to introduce exclusive characters rather than giving regular sets. Mostly, the fact that certain licensed characters never got into regular sets doesn't mean that it's easier for them to get into this game as interactive toys. It should be more about LEGO and owner's approvement.

Based on how other interactive toy games work, we can only play as the characters that appear in these toy packs. Could we unlock and play as Dorothy even if she doesn't appear physically like how other traditional LEGO video games work? Also, if this game does introduce original characters as physical figures, this would definitely show unfairness to those predecessor games, especially Undercover and Universe.

Edited by Dorayaki