TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I really want that Gateway, but I don't have a Wii. And I doubt the parts will be available from Bricks and Pieces.

I really want that Gateway, but I don't have a Wii. And I doubt the parts will be available from Bricks and Pieces.

The game and set-up/gateway set will also be available with Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3

Wizard of Oz! :grin:

I will admit, I disliked the idea of this thing at first--I think (or thought) it was too out there for Lego. But man, that trailer--I want it!

I wonder how they'll sell other characters--and if the figures can be removed from their stands. Maybe we'll even see some of the figure stands for the game showing up in the sets. Buy a big set, get to play as one of the set exclusive characters in the game--makes sense to me.

Wizard of Oz! :grin:

I will admit, I disliked the idea of this thing at first--I think (or thought) it was too out there for Lego. But man, that trailer--I want it!

I wonder how they'll sell other characters--and if the figures can be removed from their stands. Maybe we'll even see some of the figure stands for the game showing up in the sets. Buy a big set, get to play as one of the set exclusive characters in the game--makes sense to me.

That's what I think. That we'll see a LEGO Wizard of Oz set, branded as a Dimensions set, coming with the stand incentive.

EDIT:

Better look here!

Better better look here! :wink:

17087538751_45b3fae51e_z.jpg

Eeeek!

The figures must be removable if the stands are named---so you can find em' later after taking the figure off! :laugh:

I will gladly take this game if it means we get an Oz set!

Honestly, I don't like the bandwagon-jumping aspect of it, but it seems like it's going to work really well for LEGO. And I do adore the combination aspect-indeed, Gollum driving the Delorean would be awesome!

Only downside is the expenses. The game and starter pack are going to be pricey enough, but the sets to go along with the game if you want all the characters will cost even more.

Just saw the BTTF set! I need this theme now. New figs, new parts (did we need a new flat skateboard mold-no, but LEGO's awesome that way), and removable stands- this is actually a fantastic idea. I would buy the inevitable Oz set in a heartbeat.

Edited by 8BrickMario

That doughnut on Joel's desk at the end of the video might be a hint toward who else we might see in this game...

That's a Simpsons doughnut! And a reference to Honey I Shrunk the Kids? And was that a Star Trek scanner? Either way, I love this game more and more with each new morsel of information!

Shame its only the Wicked Witch! But still!!! :blush::sweet:

Ghostbusters :wink::laugh:

Doh! I knew it was familar!

I'm excited that we are at least getting the Witch--especially since I love collecting Lego Wizards and Witches. The Benny pack is awesome too. Although I think most of the other packs seem a bit disappointing from just the names--they're mostly generic characters we already have a bunch of--the LotR fourms are going to light up when they find out we are getting more Legolas and Gimli figures! :laugh:

Doh! I knew it was familar!

I'm excited that we are at least getting the Witch--especially since I love collecting Lego Wizards and Witches. The Benny pack is awesome too. Although I think most of the other packs seem a bit disappointing from just the names--they're mostly generic characters we already have a bunch of--the LotR fourms are going to light up when they find out we are getting more Legolas and Gimli figures! :laugh:

Yea it's a shame but this shows Lego still own the Tolkien license, perhaps we'll be seeing sets connected to the Dimensions game? Eg: A Wizard of Oz set or another LOTR (Gondor?) set... wishful thinking I know.. :grin:

1. I want a PC version!
  2. That portal is indeed well-put together. Almost something a star LEGO vignette artist might put together.
  3. Judging from how the Mini Batmobile is attached, I think you can pull'em apart.
  4. Now the big Q: Price?
  5. And the other big Q: Will there be EMPTY platforms where I can put my sigfig on?

Well, my daughter is addicted to Skylanders and I'm addicted to Lego. Yep - I'm going to be broke. ;)

Seriously,though, this looks great. Will preorder it for X1 as soon as I'm able.

This looks pretty awesome. I'm certainly getting that Back to the Future pack regardless of whether I get the game or not. I come on that Hover board needs to go next to my CUUSSO delorean. I'm guessing that as time goes on more and packs for each universe will appear. So I expect a second wave of Wizard of Oz and BTTF stuff. This is most likely just a way for LEGO to hold on to the rights to a ton of properties but I'm on board.

The game and set-up/gateway set will also be available with Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3

I don't have any of those either. I'm going to echo the need for a PC version.

So, we have Simpsons and Ghostbusters on the way presumably. Universal and WB are credited so... I could see Scooby Doo happening. If you look on the box art, the bubble behind the main heroes on the upper right looks like a spooky mansion. One can only hope! :grin:

Anyways, this game looks immensely awesome! I'm a fan of Disney Infinity but it took this style of game in the wrong direction. By the looks of Riddler ontop of a Balrog as a boss. I think this'll be the exact direction these games were made to be. But I wish that the game was like Skylanders and there was a huge story anyways and the characters were just characters that you could buy at the store and use. The idea of separate levels for these packs is... Odd. But I'm not against it because these microbuilds are astounding!

Edited by NuffSaid1996

Awesome!!! Got to start saving up, I plan on getting all of them. It's a bit sad that there's no Marvel characters, though.