Colossus

Bricklinking 10210 The Imperial Flagship?

I think this set should have sleeping barracks for the crew. pirate_laugh2.gif

It does. :pir-wink:

The standard crew typically slept on the gun deck.

I can't believe you managed to bricklink everything for 240€ that is insane! Does anyone have a List of all parts substitutions with cheaper ones?

Also CisFran do you have a list of all the parts you ordered to import in brickfiency? Thank you!

Edited by aabdguy87

I only downloaded the parts from Bricklink and put them in excel spreadsheet. I know it's much more time consuming but I don't know how to use brickficiency.

For the parts substitution, you can check the pictures in page 1 & 2 of this thread. There were only few substitutions like the darkbrown 4x1 slope curved, dark brown inverted slope 75 2 x 1 x 3 and reddish brown support 2x2x11

I only downloaded the parts from Bricklink and put them in excel spreadsheet. I know it's much more time consuming but I don't know how to use brickficiency.

For the parts substitution, you can check the pictures in page 1 & 2 of this thread. There were only few substitutions like the darkbrown 4x1 slope curved, dark brown inverted slope 75 2 x 1 x 3 and reddish brown support 2x2x11

do you remember the names of the stores your bought from? I managed to find all parts for something like 320€ which isn't bad but still 240 is a much better result. Also what parts did u buy on lego s@h and brickowl? because they seem to have very very little choice. thank you again.

Edited by andreamit

Hi everyone, I just finished ordering all the parts from bricklink. It took me 2 days to plan everything. I made the same substitutions that CisFran did apart from the dark brown slope curved 4x1 which I substituted with 4x2 instead of the same type. Apart from that I also made some little color change like the fences. In the end I spent 320€ in 7 orders, minifig and shipping included. All parts are new, tbh I could have spent even less considering I spent 220€ in a single order for 99% of the parts and spent the remaining on hull pieces+sails+rigging+minifig in 6 different orders, I just didn't want to wait weeks of stalking eBay auctions or wait for stores discounts. After all considering used sets start from 600+€ I think I still got a good deal out of it. I can't wait to start building! I'll post some pictures when the set is built ;)

Edited by aabdguy87

Hi everyone, I just finished ordering all the parts from bricklink. It took me 2 days to plan everything. I made the same substitutions that CisFran did apart from the dark brown slope curved 4x1 which I substituted with 4x2 instead of the same type. Apart from that I also made some little color change like the fences. In the end I spent 320€ in 7 orders, minifig and shipping included. All parts are new, tbh I could have spent even less considering I spent 220€ in a single order for 99% of the parts and spent the remaining on hull pieces+sails+rigging+minifig in 6 different orders, I just didn't want to wait weeks of stalking eBay auctions or wait for stores discounts. After all considering used sets start from 600+€ I think I still got a good deal out of it. I can't wait to start building! I'll post some pictures when the set is built ;)

Congrats! :)

Thats indeed a Pro arrangements in just 2 days....

Dont forget to put photos of everything you bought....looks they are sooo delicious! pir_laugh2.gif

Congrats! :)

Thats indeed a Pro arrangements in just 2 days....

Dont forget to put photos of everything you bought....looks they are sooo delicious! pir_laugh2.gif

As much as I'd like to take all merits pirate_tong.gif I honestly couldn't have so efficiently made it without Brickstore+Brickfiency+LDD+CisFran's ideaspirate_laugh2.gif

As much as I'd like to take all merits pirate_tong.gif I honestly couldn't have so efficiently made it without Brickstore+Brickfiency+LDD+CisFran's ideaspirate_laugh2.gif

I had mine New Sealed in 2013 for 500 usd shipped overseas....but with BLing this set for $350, then i might do it ;)

Excellent job on the budget build! That's awesome that you were able to pull it together for such a smaller fraction than the original sets are going for now. I also have to say, I kinda like the substitutions on the sterncastle better than the parts on the original set. If you're interested in tweaking the thing a little, you might want to think about changing a few of the 2x2 rounds on your masts to have a different color. Historically a lot of ships had portions of the masts painted a different color, that might add a little color and individuality to your ship.

Also, definitely love the faction change. She looks much better with the blue flag atop the center mast :-)

Also, definitely love the faction change. She looks much better with the blue flag atop the center mast :-)

Agreed... pirate_classic.gif The bluecoats deserved that ship!

It's a smart idea to obtain the Imperial Flagship. The set itself is now ridiculously overpriced if you want to buy it second-hand. So is the Black Pearl, at least where I live, and now I seriously regret not getting one when it was out. At least I have the Imperial Flagship, which is definitely better of the two (but still not perfect IMO). pir_laugh2.gif

All this talk about the IFS is making me want to get one!!! Even though my wallet, and wife would NEVER forgive me.

hahaha.....The wallet refills and the wife will forgive you 1 day ;)

No I didn't bought any minifigs but I will put the bluecoats from 70413 Brickbounty and from the Shipwreck defense from which I bought 2 sets.

A general's daughter will be missing but it will be easy to replace with other female minifigs with similar dress design.

So it will become a bluecoats' imperial ship since i will also use a blue flag. The original red flag is very expensive!

I wouldn't mind if Lego made a blue coats version of this ship. I really missed the bandwagon when this set was available.

so it begins.....pirate_laugh2.gif

th_349195568_IMG_1646_122_561lo.JPG

Very nice indeed! How did it turn out for you?

By crazy, how crazy you talking?

I was Just looking at the price of the flag, and holy crap. AVG is $35. I will be putting the old plastic flag on mine then. That flag isn't exclusive to this set either.

You require 6 masts in reddish brown (only availible in the flagship) the only person in the U.S. That has 6 are $65 EACH!!! And That flag was limited to 2 sets both sought after. As it turns out the flag can be had for $12 :)

Edited by redtrooper27

I've seen people build it with black masts, which were a lot cheaper. Also, dark brown upper hullparts seem to be getting difficult to find, I have no idea why though.

It cost effective bricklinking the 10210, but bear in mind that it will not be 100% as original in terms of parts and colors due to rarity and high costs of the parts. But better than nothing ;)

It cost effective bricklinking the 10210, but bear in mind that it will not be 100% as original in terms of parts and colors due to rarity and high costs of the parts. But better than nothing ;)

Ya I realize it won't be the "official" set. But it's such a beautiful ship that owning a budget version is better than nothing.