___

[LDD POV-Ray] Tutorial: Seamless transition between reflective basepla

+ here is also ONE VERY USEFUL TIP for you all I forgot to mention:

if you want to have individual settings for your models saved and rendered everytime with those particular settings instead of the settings from my script in INCLUDES folder just copy both my scripts to the directory of your rendered .lxf is placed, so that all 3 files are there side by side (YOUR_LDD_FILE.lxf, ldd_bublible_base_plane.inc, ldd_bublible_usersettings.inc). From this moment with my bublible baseplane inc file still selected in LDD2POVRay it will render your model from the script files you just copied into the .lxf directory of your model, cos LDD2POVRay also looks into that directory and if there is identical file as the one you selected for your custom base plane it always favor that one, so you can have totally different settings for every single model and yet still have one default for all the others...now this is neat, isn't it? :wink::thumbup:

well,From this moment with my bublible baseplane inc file still selected in LDD2POVRay it will render your model from the script files you just copied into the .lxf directory of your model,35.gif

Edited by liusutoq

well,From this moment with my bublible baseplane inc file still selected in LDD2POVRay it will render your model from the script files you just copied into the .lxf directory of your model,35.gif

Hm? :classic::look:

Thank you for your scripts! Have used it and it looks amazing! Great work!

Thanx a lot - I'm glad that someone actually find it usefull (cos it seems like noone cares) :wink:

Edited by bublible

Bublible, I tried your scripts but what i got is this:

white_light_spacecraft.jpg

Where did I go wrong?

thanks for your support

Bublible, I tried your scripts but what i got is this:

Where did I go wrong?

thanks for your support

First: your LDD camera angle view is too high for the default z value of my gradient background so the bg is too far away from the camera. So all you have to do is:

1. change the camera angle in LDD a bit towards bottom

2. possibly move camera in LDD a tiny bit further backward

3. finaly: in the usersettings.inc change the z value for the background so it comes much closer to camera

P.S.: as your model is quite small you could also try to play with the whole size of the background cos it might be too big for your actual model...remember: trying/playing with the values is the key here. :sweet:

Hope it helps, let me know then. :wink:

Edited by bublible

I've tired what you suggested, set the z values to positive values for both BG and FLAT but nothing changed.

The result was still the model sinking in the plane:

any suggestion?

I've tired what you suggested, set the z values to positive values for both BG and FLAT but nothing changed.

The result was still the model sinking in the plane:

any suggestion?

Right, now it looks much better.

Solution to sinking: just open your model in LDD, grab it (CTRL+A on Windows OS) and drag it closer to front, to camera. That is: do not move camera view as it is almost OK, only drag the model itself towards front in LDD.

Once you achieve good result (no sinking, visible gradient) you can then move your camera closer in LDD so the final rendered picture is ocuppied more by the model :wink:

Simply you have to find right amount between model distance from the background (if the bg is too close the model will sink gradually into it) and camera angle so the background is actually still in focus.

Edited by bublible

TADA!!!

thank you very much. :sweet::laugh::grin:

(now, please explain :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: )

There you go...nice render! :wink:

Now you can move camera in LDD even closer, much closer so the model occupies more of the rendered picture...

Edited by bublible

Another question: I rendered the model with at HQ but it lacks reflections on the base plane:

Your example has reflections so I don't understand why mine don't.

Thank you again

Another question: I rendered the model with at HQ but it lacks reflections on the base plane:

Your example has reflections so I don't understand why mine don't.

Thank you again

Can you PM me both your .inc files and .ini+.pov files generated by POV-Ray?

Here is my last rendering.

There is a slight reflection, but I'd like to enhance it to make it more visible.

Where may I find you the requested files?

Thanks in advance

Here is my last rendering.

There is a slight reflection, but I'd like to enhance it to make it more visible.

Where may I find you the requested files?

Thanks in advance

I guess I finally see what you mean: your "problem" is actually not a problem as such - I made my script semi-reflective so it does not reflect background onto surface therefore the bottom gradient is reflective like "lighter bottom color (the closer to camera one) FULL REFLECTIONS" and "darker bottom color (the one further from camera) NO REFLECTIONS", so basically you only need to find right amount betweennthe lighter and darker bottom colors gradient so your model sits more on the lighter one.

I am suggesting scale down complete plocha object and then move it a bit further from camera so there is still visible gradient and yet your model sits mainly on the lighter bottom color. :wink:

Edited by bublible