http://driveeo.com/oscar-eo/

Color scheme close to this

20110408-OSCar_eO_2.jpg

as i don't have so much blue and white parts

Of course 4x4 . Original car uses two electrical motors, each for front and rear axles. I will use also 2 motors for drive. XL for rear, L for front trouhg reductor, because it has higher speed.

Servo motor for steering, of course.

Maybe M motor will be also used, because

Permanent Magnet Synchronous Generator with 1 power inverter
  • Nominal output 80 kW
  • Driven by Nissan VQ35DE IC engine
  • 240 litre safety fuel tank

and then it will be placed as generator, but will just drive the engine.

Until now, biggest challenge is front axle (maybe just for me), with independent suspension.

Some first try

IMG_2121.JPG

When this was seemed pretty OK, created rear axle and and putted together some chassis

IMG_2125.JPG

then theres concept of motors palcement

IMG_2131.JPG

Then theres some concpet of steering trough gears

IMG_2132.JPG

it was not OK, because steering angles was pretty small. Gear ratio wa not main issue, because on one side there was conflict between diffrentiel gear and steering rack.

Then i came to this idea

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

And now i can use full possibilites which are limited buy this original connection

coupling.PNG

This red

4254606.jpg

is used, for better control. With this the rack is hold still, theres no gap between those grey L type parts. That was the best part form my collection to use. I tried also smallest gear, but it had some cons.

And now biggest challeng - building of cabin.

It wont be so hard, if i had smaller wheels, which would be similar to original.

I have tyres from 42037-1, but those are with round profile, not square.

Interesting steering setup :thumbup: :thumbup: (last two pic's)

But I think the axles are too far apart. Will keep my eyes on this thread :classic:

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

You mean front and rear axles? If so, for me it looks also, that they are too far, but the wheelbase is comapared to wheel size of original, and the wheelbase now is already shorter (specially shortened), than on original.

The original has ~3,5+ wheel D

wb.png

My model has ~3 D

Also front axle setup will be improved, because it is allready possible to shorten it by one position. This is built on first version with steering rack. And it was allready late, when i made this.

I forgot to mention, that my company, in which i work, is sponsor for this team.

well,This is built on first version with steering rack. And it was allready late, when i made this.35.gif

Edited by srseekvve

Why don't you just use another xl for the front axle? What advantages does this set up have?

Naldy997 - the reason is - i just don't have another XL motor yet

srseekvve - yes, it is/could be so, but the lenght also is shorter. I thought about to make it wider, but i'am allready worried about making cabin, because i don't have lot of panels.

Made it even shorter. Started to build cab

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

All main yellow parts which i have

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

Rebuilt steering system, so it could be possible to connect steering wheel. First idea was, that i will connect steering wheel to other side of servo motor, but it was too complicated or maybe even just impossible. This was better solution.

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2163.JPG

Lowered front part by one stud

IMG_2161.JPG

Made openable hood/bonnet (at beginning it wasn't so, but then i found one picture with this opion, and had to do it)

IMG_2167.JPG

Chassis strenght improvements (later i added two more, which are coming from back to front, those are possible to see in further pictures)

IMG_2168.JPG

Power station as on original, which is driven only by to electrical motors, and there is electrical generator to chagre batteries, which is driven by Infinitys V6

IMG_2164.JPG

And this system has cooling

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

And then there's some cabin progress

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

To do:

- better pictures at daylight

- interior

- lot of ether small tuning

Your doing a good job, it's really starting to take shape! The only thing I don't really like too much is that you went with a lot of stacked beams to fill up holes. You don't need to fill everything up to make it look like the real thing. For example, looking at TLG's sets, lots of them are quite open and they still look nice (most of them anyway :tongue: ). Other than that, keep up the good work, can't wait to see how it does driving! :wink:

Nice, and clever cooling system! I never thought of that, I might steal the idea to make a custom intercooler for my new pickup.

Don't steal, just take.

it was not OK, because steering angles was pretty small. Gear ratio wa not main issue, because on one side there was conflict between diffrentiel gear and steering rack.

Then i came to this idea

IMG_2135.JPG

Cons of this system:

- bad control, because there is bad connection between wheels, they are living diffrent lives, it just bending on those axles

- ball joints are slipping off those yellow parts

Don't use this system

Steering system and dashboard

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

Seats

IMG_2188.JPG

Some improvement to rear suspension - four yellow parts to fix suspension in place

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

Bye bye

IMG_2209.JPG

It looks as though ther is quite a lot of bend in the body? Or are you using a wide angeled camera? Other than that it looks pretty cool!

Yes, there is little bend. There are X type strenght structure inside, and this was best position, which i could get.

There are lot of copromises in this bulid - steering, bodywork, weak drive (it needs some at least 2 XL motors, or better 4, i have only XL and L), no pleasure to drive. I'll better bulid something smaller, faster etc.

It's just too big, or i'm not enough patient :)