Sign in to follow this  
ArtGONG

[MOC] Hydra Jet Escape

Hello everyone! Here is another project that I just submitted on LEGO IDEAS, also based on the movie Captain America: The First Avenger. Several months ago, I just posted the project Red Skull's Flying-Wing Chase on the forum. Chech this link:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=102604&hl=

For more details, please check the link below. If you like the model, please give your support. Thanks a lot!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/98141

1840944-o_19gghi8n2jvj1prm1ret1dls8se7-full.jpg

1840947-o_19gghif6s1u0oqoo1ck4fa512vbb-full.JPG

1840950-o_19gghif6s17jg16u4vlek8e1r71c-full.JPG

1840953-o_19gghif6s1ekf1tscju71juhbovd-full.JPG

1840956-o_19gghif6t16up19defgcm317nse-full.JPG

1840959-o_19gghif6th4k1ukjk9jsi91l4cf-full.JPG

1840962-o_19gghif6tg0041h1na2cns1187g-full.JPG

1840965-o_19gghif6tm0u2tl25kad01jmkh-full.JPG

1840968-o_19gghif6tp0p1rh91l63jai2ski-full.JPG

THE STORY

This project (392 pieces) features the scene from the movie Captain America: The First Avenger. After a gun fight with Captain America and Bucky in a Hydra base, Johann Schmidt turns into the Red Skull by tearing his face apart, showing the audience his new, horrible, red face. He is going to escape with the cosmic cube in his jet. Unfortunately, Captain America and Bucky fail to stop this bad guy because of the big explosion in the Hydra base.

THE HYDRA JET

The jet (173 pieces) is built mainly with dark grey, light grey, black and some dark red bricks. The front cockpit can open and fit one minifig, probably Red Skull himself. It has two flick missles on both sides. The three big propellers on the back of the jet can rotate freely in 360°. Also, when you finish playing with the jet, you can "plug" it into the base, which provides a nice stand for the jet.

THE HYDRA BASE

The color of the base is similar to the jet. It has two main layers. The upper layer is mainly for minifigs to board the jet, where we have a movable walk between the base tower and the cockpit of the jet. When the jet is took off the base, the movable walk can be released down.

The lower layer of the base is a car parking area, where we have an armed motorcycle. Of course, if you refer to another project of mine: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85922, you can put that Hydra roadster below the base, too, or any other vehicle that you like.

THE MINIFIGS

This project includes three minifigs: the Red Skull and two different Hydra henchmen. One of them is a foot soldier, with a cosmic super-weapon in his hands, just like in the movie. The other, however, is an armed motorcycle-soldier, who has a different helmet. The Red Skull himself is carrying the cosmic cube, which gives endless power to all the weapons they have.

Thank you all for viewing! And finally, please be sure to check my "Red Skull's Flying-Wing Chase" project, which also features the scene from the movie Captain America: The First Avenger:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/85922

These two sets may share minifigs with each other, which, I believe may greatly increase playability. We have Captain America, Red Skull, Agent Carter, Colonel Chester Phillips and two Hydra henchmen in these two projects. Also, I am still working on other projects tha may contain Bucky and Prof. Zola. So, let's keep up the hard work and happy building:)

Please support the project on LEGO IDEAS and thanks a lot!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/98141

Edited by ArtGONG

I would instantly buy this- good work! The Nova helmets in black work surprisingly well for Hydra henchmen. I wish Lego would use them this way.

Excellent design there 'ArtGONG'......I wish you luck on Lego Ideas and Brick On ! :grin:

Edit - Supporting.

Edited by lightningtiger

This is a fun MOC. You have a really well-defined color scheme going, and nice conservative parts usage. It's got neither too much or too little detail. I love seeing people build in 'LEGO set style;' it's fun to emulate sets and imagine how material would be translate if LEGO had produced it. There's so much untapped material in already-established themes that not enough people are working with themselves.

I still find that the presentation is marred a little bit in self promotion. I get that everybody wants to put MOCs on Ideas these days, and that's fine, go for it, but realistically a set in an existing, current license isn't going to happen. I have no problem with people wanting to put their work on Ideas, and you do have high quality work, but the way the topic is presented makes it feel like the drive to be successful at LEGO Ideas came first, and the MOCing came second. Maybe that's not the case, but that's the way it reads.

... Snip

I still find that the presentation is marred a little bit in self promotion. I get that everybody wants to put MOCs on Ideas these days, and that's fine, go for it, but realistically a set in an existing, current license isn't going to happen. I have no problem with people wanting to put their work on Ideas, and you do have high quality work, but the way the topic is presented makes it feel like the drive to be successful at LEGO Ideas came first, and the MOCing came second. Maybe that's not the case, but that's the way it reads.

I try to not quote this much from a post, but this is exactly what I see in most (if not all) posts asking for support for ideas projects.

There is a policy on EuroBricks concerning Ideas projects, but it appears to me that it is either ignored or people try to find a work around to make it appear that their primary motivation for the post may not be to get Ideas support.

Maybe we need a sub forum just for Ideas postings, like we have sub forums for everything else. Then just keep Ideas postings I that sub forum.

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

Excellent work!

The design looks great :wink:

Supported.

Edited by Balbo