Another MOC, I think Sariel built one similar in different scale. It has leaf springs, 2 L motors, servo and I will try to put a functional invented V8 engine. I saw very helpful to use the sliding 8th gear in the front axle. It is very fast, I can still slow using 8th gears in the motors. I will try to do the one in the pic of course in technic style.

lxlNKq8.jpg

T45hybB.jpg

J1pzDkD.jpg

aL7fNwR.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaig2TfcWL4&feature=youtu.be

'>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La-uusEo2yE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by jorgeopesi

Its already looking good, and quite fast too! Do you think the steering angle is a bit small? Might affect it when racing in tight curves. Sariel's was a lot bigger, but it had 4 (:O) RC motors.

This looks like this is going to be really really cool.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will try to do it as cool as I can :thumbup: , thank you Paul.

Its already looking good, and quite fast too! Do you think the steering angle is a bit small? Might affect it when racing in tight curves. Sariel's was a lot bigger, but it had 4 (:O) RC motors.

You are right is looking good :laugh: , seriously now, you are right small steering angle I will try to fix it but will not win much more, you don´t need much steering angle in the desert :laugh: . I have only one RC motor and I'm afraid to use it if it breaks :cry_sad: .

Whats the point of owning something and not using it :wink: . Seriously though looking forward to seeing more progress. How are you going to cover the rear?

tim

Good to see, that somebody also bulding Dakar car. As i don't have yet this size of wheels, i'm using even bigger. So building is also going slower (bigger cab/body). I don't know now, if i'll have enogh parts.

This will be this http://driveeo.com/oscar-eo/, but in different color scheme. Something closer to this

20110408-OSCar_eO_2.jpg

Looks like you returned to this chassis/axles after long period after first time I saw them:)

I have never heard about broken RC motors. There is nothing to broke in it- no wire, no problem.

Another thing, is that RC dont like weight. One motor is good for small and light models. In your moc it is better to use paired L motors.

The red part of My rc motors is broken because It falled from My table ;)

love this chassis *-* are You planning To make fake shocks like the oiled shocks in The real one?

nice way To connect The motor to a fake engine :)

Whats the point of owning something and not using it :wink: . Seriously though looking forward to seeing more progress. How are you going to cover the rear?

Well I just kidding, I have the RC motor but I didn´t think use it here, maybe should try :hmpf_bad: . I cover the rear with panels or cardboard but it would be the first time :cry_sad: .

Good to see, that somebody also bulding Dakar car. As i don't have yet this size of wheels, i'm using even bigger.

Well my first try was this but I come back with another because the new pieces, good luck with your MOC.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=81308&hl=pegaso

Looks like you returned to this chassis/axles after long period after first time I saw them:)

I have never heard about broken RC motors. There is nothing to broke in it- no wire, no problem.

You have a good memory :sweet: .

Are You planning To make fake shocks like the oiled shocks in The real one?

nice way To connect The motor to a fake engine :)

It depends of the final room I had... The diff for the fake engine was my first idea but I can use a chain to avoid the steering axle.

Maybe add differentials since they will allow you to corner faster.

You are right, I don´t want to build low axes but I will build two with differential and a central diff too to see the performance.

Hmm, so you can use the flexible axles as leaf springs? That's neat, I'll have to try that sometime. Does it in any way deform or mess up the flexible axles as far as aesthetics? I've also always wondered what the differential was used for with an axle straight through it (at the Servomotor for steering). Thanks.

Edited by DamonMM2000

Hmm, so you can use the flexible axles as leaf springs? That's neat, I'll have to try that sometime. Does it in any way deform or mess up the flexible axles as far as aesthetics? I've also always wondered what the differential was used for with an axle straight through it (at the Servomotor for steering). Thanks.

My red softaxles have suffered more deformation in my F40 :laugh: , the old diff is used like you can use a 16th clutch gear, is for the fake engine.

Good to see, that somebody also bulding Dakar car. As i don't have yet this size of wheels, i'm using even bigger. So building is also going slower (bigger cab/body). I don't know now, if i'll have enogh parts.

This will be this http://driveeo.com/oscar-eo/, but in different color scheme. Something closer to this

20110408-OSCar_eO_2.jpg

There are a lot of people here that have making Dakar trucks :grin:

Great work so far Jorge :thumbup: .

8495516846_da284525ec_c.jpg

Nice progress, I'm making a large scale truck as well, this time an off-road pickup. But yours will almost definitely be better than mine.

Thanks there are not better or worse MOCs just learning for the next one.

Great work so far Jorge :thumbup: .

8495516846_da284525ec_c.jpg

I have afraid to continue... I will start to build boats now? :laugh: .

Still, you've never made a truck before. This could be a strong point (new) in your technic capabilities. I can't wait to see how amazing the outcome will be.

Never... I have built 4 or 5 trucks, as you can see on my brickshelf page, but I like strange trucks like tatra or pegaso and they are little known. I don´t think I can be good in trucks, to be I would have to use bricks and I don´t like them because decrease the efficiency too much.

I decided not to build fake motor and build minimum body for maximum playability, the cabin has 3 connection points.

OR9LWcd.jpg

80e6o0u.jpg

nHG61kb.jpg

fxEB5ii.jpg

Its really starting to take shape! The cabin doesnt look too complicated but I like it. Are you going to make an interior or leave it as it is to lower the weight?

Its really starting to take shape! The cabin doesnt look too complicated but I like it. Are you going to make an interior or leave it as it is to lower the weight?

Thank you, it is hard for me build trucks, I don´t have any idea :hmpf_bad: , just seats and steering wheel for interior, I try to use less pieces as I can so I will use panels wherever I can.

Looking good! Will that be the permanent spot for the battery?

Thank you again. Yes I think the cabin will have more weight that the rear part (just panels) so I puted the battery this way.