Honestly, I don't like it. The old one was much more practical. The main thing I don't like in the new website is that it sacrifices too much usability just to make it prettier, imo. Everything is way too big.

Although, I do like the improved selection bar on the left of the screen (the one with "Interest", "availability" and "rating").

Other than that, I don't know, I think someone could get around much better and faster in the old website. It feels like there will be much more scrolling in this new site.

I don't mind the update, but it seems entirely aesthetic. And I prefer the older version, too. It seemed faster, but I'm just getting used to the changes.

What it really needs is an option for store pick-up. That way, I can pay online and pick it up in person. Great for times when I can't be there for store opening because of other commitments, like work, and I can pick it up on the way home.

They might even want to consider pre-orders.

To be honest, the new site isn't good at all. It's somehow even more cluttered than the last iteration and the only saving grace is the up-to-date look.

It has no Japanese version so it saddens me to see all the great deals and promotions other regions get. I try to avoid it generally. Best not to know how much greener the grass actually is on the other side.

Can we rename this thread as "S@H site Discussion"?
Then we would have two topics about the same.

I like name of this topic. You wouldn't discuss S@H experience, unless you get into issues, which are terrible and irritating most of the time.

I don't mind the update, but it seems entirely aesthetic. And I prefer the older version, too. It seemed faster, but I'm just getting used to the changes.

What it really needs is an option for store pick-up. That way, I can pay online and pick it up in person. Great for times when I can't be there for store opening because of other commitments, like work, and I can pick it up on the way home.

They might even want to consider pre-orders.

Store pick-up and preorders would be awesome. It would prevent that mini Black Friday effect with people lining up outside the Lego stores to get that new set, especially something like an Ideas one that could be very limited (looking at you, Research Institute). It would be especially great if you could preorder to arrange for store pick up of something like the upcoming Saturn V. I either have to place a S@H at midnight eastern time or I had better be at the store and near the front of the line the day it debuts. In fact, I might have to do both if my son also wants one and they limit 1 per customer. There have been a couple of times where the store held something for me until I could get there since it was about an hour's drive from my house, although I never asked them to do something like that for a set that just made its debut.

As for the new site, it is OK, but there is one small discrepancy. I placed an order two weeks ago with two items on backorder. Since then, the backorder items have shipped, but there is no tracking number for either of them. Normally when the order gets split due to backorder or a combined online PAB purchase, they provide a tracking number for each separate shipment. So far, only the first item has one.

I've never had any problems with the Lego site or getting my orders from Lego.

Try to find 40203 by categories (not using set number).

I just tried to find a set using the new site, I am on Firefox and a Mac, and picking a set category, any category and nothing comes up. Its just the page footer and no content. Nuts! I last used the site a week or so ago, from my iPad and it seemed to work. Only way I got to what I wanted was clicking on the front page and the set I wanted was one of the front page feature sets. Maybe this issue is browser related..I do have the most current Firefox and OS updates..

I've been searching for a topic to post my calvary, I think I found it.

I've been trying to order some pieces for a MOC I've been working on, I wanted to use the "official" path, so I went to the official online shop. 

I selected 158 pieces, plus some other stuff, since to have free shipping in my country I have to spend 100 Swiss Francs, and my order was only about 80.

I was not a VIP member before, so I thought I'd sign up.

It told me that at checkout I can finish the sign up, but I could never complete the order, it gave me an error, and told me to contact customer service.

So I did, the cutstomer service rep was really nice, tried to help, told me to send her the pieces that I wanted to order so she can submit the order for me.

Her attitude kind of made me forget about this shitty new site, but not for long, as she told me in her reply, that since they cannot submit PaB orders there at support, my order's price could vary. So instead of 120 bucks, it would be 145.....

I mean I'm sorry, but how is it fair that I have to pay more, because their webshop doesn't work??? :angry:

Not sure whether or not it is site related, but I placed an order the morning of October 1 for the double points and the bonus set.  it has been showing to be "In Warehouse" right up to this point.  They have never sat on an order for 5 days, but I guess it is time to call someone when I get home.  Two of the items I bought were power functions, which are now on backorder, but were showing to be available at the original time of the order.  This is probably going to be fun :pir-sad2:

1 hour ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Not sure whether or not it is site related, but I placed an order the morning of October 1 for the double points and the bonus set.  it has been showing to be "In Warehouse" right up to this point.  They have never sat on an order for 5 days, but I guess it is time to call someone when I get home.  Two of the items I bought were power functions, which are now on backorder, but were showing to be available at the original time of the order.  This is probably going to be fun :pir-sad2:

That doesn't sound good. What type of power functions?  I am planning to order some PF train motors and battery boxes for next year's LUG events MOCs.

I ordered the battery box and the remote controller.  Presently, those two are both on backorder.  If anyone is trying to motorize a train, then those as well as the train motor are not currently available.  I get the feeling they did not plan on this many people wanting power functions for the newly released Holiday Train.  Guess no one wants to simply push their trains around the tree.  

I passed 3 orders in from the 30th of september to 2 october, 

All of these have been paid, shipped and are 1 day from destination, so i decided to check my Visa account..... and surprise surprise.

One of these order (worth 400$) went straight back in to my visa account after being paid? I called customer service and the guy was like :O , notified the accounting departement and basically told me it's because I probably wasn't viewing the October visa report ( which I was ). I told him I would call back if that's wasn't the case soon. (If not thanks for the free Rogue One wave Lego!)

Has this ever happenned to anyone? Never had this kind of problem with the old website. 

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

Has this ever happenned to anyone? Never had this kind of problem with the old website. 

This is getting off-topic, but yes I have had this happen in the past. The initial $400 was simply a temporary hold which usually falls off and then they send the real charge through, normally it is transparent but very rarely I will even get the package before the real charge appears to hit. It doesn't have anything to do with the website as it would be a totally different computer system.

Thanks! I thought something went wrong with some of the data sent, Shop@home was lagging like hell on the 30th. 

On 06/10/2016 at 8:13 AM, Darkdragon said:
On 06/10/2016 at 8:10 AM, RetroInferno said:

I passed 3 orders in from the 30th of september to 2 october, 

All of these have been paid, shipped and are 1 day from destination, so i decided to check my Visa account..... and surprise surprise.

One of these order (worth 400$) went straight back in to my visa account after being paid? I called customer service and the guy was like :O , notified the accounting departement and basically told me it's because I probably wasn't viewing the October visa report ( which I was ). I told him I would call back if that's wasn't the case soon. (If not thanks for the free Rogue One wave Lego!)

This is getting off-topic, but yes I have had this happen in the past. The initial $400 was simply a temporary hold which usually falls off and then they send the real charge through, normally it is transparent but very rarely I will even get the package before the real charge appears to hit. It doesn't have anything to do with the website as it would be a totally different computer system.

Same happened to me at least once. (Did not get free Lego!:cry_sad::wink:)

I finally got a chance to order some Power Functions on the new site. It's colorful.  Clicking around I eventually found the Power Functions under Extras section.  Not too bad, just have to get used to where things got moved around to.

On ordering, it was not clear that the faded square outline next to the agreement to the T&C had to be checked before the Submit button is active. Took a couple minutes to figure that one out.

I found an error in the order description with the shipped confirmation email.   VAT should be HST or GST or PST + GST depending on your province of residence.  :pir-tongue:

orderVAT_zpsteka6kcy.jpg

Update:  Yay, my back ordered Power Functions train motors and AAA battery boxes have shipped.  :classic: