Is S@H supposed to be adding the "Azari's Magic Fire" polybag to ANY purchase over £25, or did I just get cheated out of it when I made a Technic purchase in a physical Lego store today? I was told I had to buy an Elves set, but the online info doesn't specifically mention that. I still see the polybag in my online cart after adding a Technic set to it.

I got the promo polybag from the German S@H, although I didn't ordered any Elves set. Maybe each country has different conditions.

Edited by JetBlackSVW

^Yeah, looks like different countries have different conditions. Also keep in mind that quantities are limited on polybags and popular ones will often run out before the month is over, so it's possible that the physical store had already given them all away.

Is S@H supposed to be adding the "Azari's Magic Fire" polybag to ANY purchase over £25, or did I just get cheated out of it when I made a Technic purchase in a physical Lego store today? I was told I had to buy an Elves set, but the online info doesn't specifically mention that. I still see the polybag in my online cart after adding a Technic set to it.

I don't know if it's supposed to be doing that, but it's been adding to cart in the UK S@H for the last 20 days. Seems there's a discrepancy between brand retail stores and S@H terms here, as I went to a brand retail store on the 14th, made about £130 in purchases (none of it Elves) and wasn't given the poly. In the UK it's supposed to be with £25 of Elves, Friends or Disney Princess purchases, but S@H seems to be ignoring the set type conditions. I'm probably ordering from S@H on Friday (when I get paid again), I might get the polybag then if S@H doesn't remove it!

Also, S@H is still acting up, still the same cart problems with a pre-prepared cart as I stated before, having to delete something before it works, and it's up and down like a yo-yo :angry:

Does anyone know how long it usually takes when something in an order is "Waiting for new stock"?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Bricks & Pieces some days ago, but 1 single item was out of stock (in spite of it still being order-able from the site)... and now I don't know how long my order will be in limbo.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes when something in an order is "Waiting for new stock"?

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Bricks & Pieces some days ago, but 1 single item was out of stock (in spite of it still being order-able from the site)... and now I don't know how long my order will be in limbo.

I've had this twice this year (had OOS emails annd everything, it was rather bizarre) but it didn't seem to be affecting the length of the order process for me, I was informed by Customer Service that it was a glitch. Recently, BnP orders have been taking upwards of a week to ship from the warehouse even if everything's in stock. If you're concerned of how long your order might be stuck for, I'd ring Customer Service and they'll advise you :classic:

I've had this twice this year (had OOS emails annd everything, it was rather bizarre) but it didn't seem to be affecting the length of the order process for me, I was informed by Customer Service that it was a glitch. Recently, BnP orders have been taking upwards of a week to ship from the warehouse even if everything's in stock. If you're concerned of how long your order might be stuck for, I'd ring Customer Service and they'll advise you :classic:

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I'll give it to the end of the week before contacting them, since it's a recent order.

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I'll give it to the end of the week before contacting them, since it's a recent order.

No problem. In my case, it was that I placed an order with a certain part (both times was 1x1 round plates with holes, first black, then white), then get confirmation email. Five minutes later I got a backorder email, and the online order status for that part read either "out of stock" or "waiting for new stock" (can't remember which one it was). But then the next day the same part read "in warehouse" (even called CS to check) and the whole order was shipped a few days after. This was back when BnP opened at the end of January though, the time where their shipping was miraculously fast compared to shipping times this month. It sounds like your case might be slightly different to mine though, but I hope it's resolved soon anyway :classic:

It's an old torso that's the issue for me, one I wouldn't expect them to make any more of:

6008291.jpg

...but the weird thing is that even though my order says it's waiting to be re-stocked, it can still be bought from B&P.

It's an old torso that's the issue for me, one I wouldn't expect them to make any more of:

*snip*

...but the weird thing is that even though my order says it's waiting to be re-stocked, it can still be bought from B&P.

:wacko:

My best guess is that there's been a glitch with your order or the availability checker on BnP is sufffering similar issues to the S@H availability checker, but I'd contact CS for a definite answer if it doesn't ship in the timeframe quoted for delivery. My round 1x1 plates (at least the black ones) did show as out of stock soon after my order back in late January, hence the :wacko: .

I got the free Elves polybag today, I bought the Farran and the Crystal Hollow set, $15 and got it. You should only get it if you make any Elves purchase. I got it to give away as a gift to one of my relatives.

I got 2 of the Pencil Pot sets too. One of them is fine, but the other one was all squashed and the cardboard box felt like it had gotten wet...weird... The whole delivery box got smashed up also, I was worried everything in it was damaged, but its all OK. So my order has been broken up into 3 parts, two packages delivered, and now am waiting just for my Tower of Orthanc to be available...glad it was free shipping!

Site is still crap.. New routine, Firefox prefs, cookie search for 'lego' delete all cookies...open website, log on works for a few clicks...repeat....arghh!

Site is still crap.. New routine, Firefox prefs, cookie search for 'lego' delete all cookies...open website, log on works for a few clicks...repeat....arghh!

Try deleting only the "s_sess" cookie - that put a stop to the issues for me.

No problems ordering Power Functions the other day. Used Windows 7 and Firefox 36.0.4 (no add-ons).

The site has been garbage for about a decade. You would think they would update the severs and actually have a fully functioning site, but no, can't be bothered with than. Anytime I order I cross my fingers that it actually goes through and I'll get my stuff. There have been times which I have called and been told that they have no record of my sale and I go "Then why does my credit card have a pending sale from you!". Recently it's not that bad, but is so slow, the pages never load, it's impossible to see what's new I have to use Brickset to see what was added.

But I'll stick to TRU, Amazon and Target where they have been having 20% off sales and have free shipping at $50, $35 and $25, instead of S@H's outrageous $75.

Try deleting only the "s_sess" cookie - that put a stop to the issues for me.

Thanks for that tip, I will try it 'next time,' it just gets me that its going to do it again.

The site is amazingly slow, just clicking from one page to the next...when it does take so long, I just figure its about to send me back to the front page again!

I never did get a confirmation email, that is another new low for my personal experience. In the past there were delays, but I eventually got an email..also emails telling me that my items have shipped. Not so, now. Never got a single one, its up to me to go and check on it, and you know how that has gone, see above...LOL

I wish I could find what I want at other stores, I never have been very successful in that. I seem to only want the 'exclusives' I guess...

Strange... I got a confirmation email on Friday morning for an order placed Friday morning. But I don't always get confirmation emails either. Sometimes the order can take a few hours just to appear in Order Status. Normally, they would have shipped the same day if I bought items in the morning (they were really good at sending out orders in my experience), but S@H has become slow (in the shipping sense, but site slowness counts too) even for small orders where everything was listed as available... I knew I should have just made yet another trip to Westfield instead :sceptic:

Also, am I the only one that hates the recently implemented S@H terminology? "In Warehouse" is such an annoyingly broad term - would it hurt for them to implement tracking similar to Amazon's instead, where it gives you an indication of how far along your order is during the shipping preparation, and also adjusts according to the courier's tracking as well so it only says "Complete" once delivery is confirmed? (right now, it marks an order Complete at point of shipment,, which doesn't make an awful lot of sense :wacko: )

I think this will be the last time I use S@H... unless something crops up that I just can't get at a LEGO Store or regular retail, it's purely PaB/BnP, or it gets it's act together :sceptic:

And to highlight how bad S@H has got, I've only placed 3 orders for sets at S@H this year (not counting BnP), last year I placed more than twice as many in the same timeframe. And staff at Westfield London LEGO Store are starting to recognise me now I've diverted over 75% of what I normally spend at S@H to them :look:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Tried to order some Power Functions parts just now. Rechargeable Battery Box is marked "Out of Stock: Will Ship April 23" which in my experience means that date will get pushed back at least 2 months one day at a time as it approaches it's stated Ship Date. Also, it would not add the IR Receiver to my cart, and when I clicked through to the product page, it brought up a blank site page with nothing but the header and footer. Irritating. I've shot them an eMail, but my hopes of being able to actually order the IR Receiver are low. It's all very frustrating.

I have not been able to purchase anything from shop@home for a couple of years. It takes my credit card and then gangs. It's a truly appalling site

The only thing i could reproach to the lego online shop is the lack of available parts in the Pick-a-Brick section.

In my opinion, they should make an effort to make more references available through Pick-a-Brick.

With the reduction of PAB availability in stores due to the build-a-model program, perhaps they might eventually expand the online selection.

I also experience the same problems described when using apple products...The worst (even when I am using PC) is when it is the first day of a new product or a promotion day...the website crashes multiple multiple times.

Updated to Firefox version 37 on Windows 7. No problems ordering and shipping a set to my nephew in another state recently. Email order confirmations and shipping details all received. Fedex tracking link in LEGO email showed his mom signed for the package. :classic:

I am running FF 37 also now, but on Mac. The site seems much improved for navigating, but... I made an order yesterday, and still have not received any email confirmation for it. It says on the final screen when the order is approved, that an email will come... uh huh... (queue the crickets). Oh well. I know enough to log in to check on it myself, and the order is there now, 'in warehouse' took till the next day though to appear. That's a little disconcerting too!

Not as big a deal as a lot of you have had to deal with, but I need to vent:

Okay, so. I ordered a bunch of Power Functions train parts back in April, and the Rechargeable Battery was out of stock (You can see me whining about not being able to add the IR Receiver 7 posts up from here. Eventually I found a way to add it to my cart by clicking through 37 pages of "Recommended for 16+" categorization).

Anyway, they sent me all the stuff except for the Battery, and the website said it would ship May 4th. May 3rd rolls around, and I get an eMail that the date has slipped to May 14th for shipping the Battery. My son's birthday (which the part is for) is on the 20th, so I'm like "Cutting it close, but okay". The 14th hits, and I check the website first thing in the morning. Site says they have Batteries in stock, and lo, my order is listed as "In the Warehouse". I expect it will ship later that day and head off to work, expecting I'll probably have a shipping confirmation eMail when I get home.

I get home from work, and no eMail. Site still lists my order as "In the Warehouse", but now the Batteries are sold out again. Okay, fine. I call the Customer Service line because I am paranoid as heck. The automated line does not recognize my order number, so I talk to a very friendly representative who tells me that although he doesn't know why the order hasn't shipped, he's sure it will either later that day or early on the next day.

But it hasn't. It's still just sitting "In the Warehouse". I have a sinking feeling that because part of that order was already shipped and received, the automated system doesn't know what to do. And I damn sure don't expect it in time for the boy's birthday train. But thanks to this thread, I half expect the order status to change to "Cancelled" any time now.

I don't receive any emails regarding my orders quite often. And order status isn't always accurate. That's in Europe (Germany).