Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

H.M.S. Broadside (Another Imperial Soldier Ship)

thindexedgif.gif 57c

Hello everyone! I whipped this ship up in two hours flat! I call it the H.M.S. Broadside. It is named after the late Governor Broadside, who tragically lost a duel against Redbeard. :'-( There 6 cannons, 1 chaston, and three masts. I think the figure head is pretty good, but I think the stern-castle could use a couple more windows. I also put the hull on an angle to give a cartoonish effect. (I love cartoonish ships!) The H.M.S. Broadside pulls into Fort Brimstone http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=10586 occasinally to deliver supplies (food, wine, gunpowder, etc.). Would this ship stand up against the Armageddon http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...showtopic=10175? NO! :-D Comments welcome!

broadside1.jpg

broadside2.jpg

broadside3.jpg

broadside4.jpg

broadside5.jpg

broadside6.jpg

broadside7.jpg

broadside8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

P.S. See Mr. Tiber? I stopped posting in the person above you thread, and look what I made! ;-)

Nice! I like how you bent the hull pieces, it gives the ship a unique appearance *y*. I really like the bow.

Btw you have way too many brown minifig heads :-D

Edited by ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Thanks, and yes, I do have too many brown heads, but then again, you can never have enough lego products in my opinon! :-D

Nicely done *y* (again)

I like the bow it reminds me of the Flying Dutchman

Governor Broadside never looses a duel with pirate scum though

Admiral Woodhouse might X-D

Piranha

Another extroardinary MOC from this builder! Well done Sir Nadroj!

I do agree the stern could use some work, but for the rest it's good.

Colour scheme is also nice.

You have alot of brown Minifig heads! And I agree, you can never have too much LEGO!!

Time to avenge Governor Broadside!! :skel1:

P.S. See Mr. Tiber? I stopped posting in the person above you thread, and look what I made! ;-)

Hehehe, you've done well Sir Nadroj! Very well...

Mr Tiber

Thank you everyone!

Governor Broadside never looses a duel with pirate scum though

Admiral Woodhouse might X-D

Yeah, but His Majesty's Ship The Woodhouse doesn't sound as good as Broadside. X-D

Very nice. I keep getting the feeling that your ships look like the prow and the stern have been scrunched together by a jealous fellow builder. Still, good job.

Hello everyone! I whipped this ship up in two hours flat! I call it the H.M.S. Broadside. It is named after the late Governor Broadside, who tragically lost a duel against Redbeard. :'-

When did this happen! X-O Who leads the Imperial Soldiers now?

That was excellent advice from Mr. Tiber!

That was excellent advice from Mr. Tiber!

Indeed; more building less talking! I better go off now and take my own advice! :-D

When did this happen! X-O Who leads the Imperial Soldiers now?

I do! Sir Nadroj, the new Imperial Soldier Governor! :-P I like the sound of that! ;-)

This is very nicely done *y*

I also love the color *wub*

And I like cartoonish ships too X-D ;-)

You certainly managed to give this ship a cartoonish look.

It has a nice shape and the colors are just right for a fantasie ship like this one.

Now all it needs are sails...

Thanks Bonaparte. I do want to eventually get sails for my ships, but I'd want to get official ones.

Heh- of all the ships you could have made, this one probably has one of the smaller "broadsides"!

I Realize you said the ship was named after Gov. Broadside, but still...

Anyhow, I like the interesting shape used, and the colors are very well coordinated. Like other cartoon-ish ships, it is probably a little tall for its length, but that I will take coolness over reality any day! Nicely done.

I was going to stay what Boney said, nice ships, never any sails ;-)

Keep up all the work, you sure have proved to be an industrious member as of late!

:[ , I don't post much here!

Anyway, Your ship looks very good. The colors scheme is a good match, however, those plates up in front should, I think, be in a harder blue, to match the flags. Your technique to curve the ship is well done. The railings, figurehead, and capstain are all very good!

Great job!

P.S. You have a hole in your ship ;) .

Edited by phred

It's strange. For such a small ship it has a large amount of deck space. Impressive. *y*

It's strange. For such a small ship it has a large amount of deck space. Impressive. *y*

Thanks, zouave! Those are the big hulls, not the small ones. That may be the reason there's so much space. But, I guess you can never have too much deck space! :-D