msx80

[Software] a couple of beta tester wanted for new software

Hello there,

lately i've been working on a software for creating good looking building instructions for LDD models, that is called Blueprint. The program is in a very alpha stage, but some basic functionality is somehow there. I'd like to test it on some different graphic hardware to see if it runs.

Is there anybody kind enought to donate some time? Must have some minimal tech skill, like knowing what a stacktrace is, using the command line, configuring java versions etc. and some patience. PM me if interested :)

Thanks!

Thanks everybody! :) yes, send the mail too

A couple more info on Blueprint: the program is divided in two functions: in the first one you define the building steps, distributing pieces in various step and substeps/submodels, in the second one you can design the instruction pages by moving and laying out the images, much in the same way as other systems like LIC. You can then export them.

It currently support smallish models (2/300 pieces), with bigger models it starts to get heavy (and crashy), but that depends mostly on the hardware, i think.

The program uses Java8, JavaFx and Opengl. Here's a couple of screenshot:

M8Nup2ql.png

mrzVeIll.png

A couple more info on Blueprint:

I suggest you to use the first post to introduce the software, modifying the title of the topic.

In this way this topic could become a sort of official reference for the software, where users can ask for help and informations and you can answer their questions.

I am very much interested in Building Instructions SW. Is your SW also working with LDRAW? If so I would love to test it.

I suggest you to use the first post to introduce the software, modifying the title of the topic.

In this way this topic could become a sort of official reference for the software, where users can ask for help and informations and you can answer their questions.

I prefer to open a new topic when i'll release a public version :)

I am very much interested in Building Instructions SW. Is your SW also working with LDRAW? If so I would love to test it.

No, currently it works only with LDD files, but it's predisposed to work with different standards and there's an LDraw skeleton implementation. I don't think i'll pick it up before other, more important things, anyway.