Hello!

I wanted to build something small and powerfull, and most importantly, without the micromotor.

So I built this thing in about 2h, and you can probably see that in the bodywork (I don´t have more red connectors).

• 2 Link live axles
  • L motor for drive geared 0.36
  • M motor for steering geared 0.2

Video:

If you want I can upload an LDD file, but someone has to tell me how to do that.

img_1290.jpg

img_1291.jpg

Maximum articulation

img_1292.jpg

img_1293.jpg

img_1298.jpg

img_1301.jpg

The springs keep the axles straight

img_1302.jpg

The IR receiver doesn´t fit inside the bodywork

It performs extremely well! Don't like how the IR receiver sticks out though, but it can't be helped with something this small.

Great job! :P

Superb perforamnce and design! I love the way the springs keep axles aligned and how well it climbs. Simple and efficient, kudos.

I also had something similar in mind, but i'm working now on other things.

Maybe You could rearange motor in cabin, and place reciever somwhere there, or move that reciever behind cabin, this culd look better.

I also had something similar in mind, but i'm working now on other things.

Maybe You could rearange motor in cabin, and place reciever somwhere there, or move that reciever behind cabin, this culd look better.

I think an sbrick could fit in there, but I cant't use it right now.

The L motors wire is too short for it to go behind it

If you came up with this in just 2 hours than you sir are a genius :thumbup: I already tried out the chassis, thx for LDD. It works great, now I am tweaking it 'cause those CV joints keep falling apart. I've also tried with a servo motor for steering and its quite ok - the only problem is, that you can't align two axles with 12/20 tooth gear combo, there is one tooth misalignment, so the car won't drive straightforward, but it slightly turns...

If you came up with this in just 2 hours than you sir are a genius :thumbup: I already tried out the chassis, thx for LDD. It works great, now I am tweaking it 'cause those CV joints keep falling apart. I've also tried with a servo motor for steering and its quite ok - the only problem is, that you can't align two axles with 12/20 tooth gear combo, there is one tooth misalignment, so the car won't drive straightforward, but it slightly turns...

Yes, it might seem fast building,but the chassis is very similar to my other, slightly bigger truck, so I used very similar technicues.

Thnx for building it and telling me what you think!

I may also try to make it with a servo, but the gears are problematic, maybe the Sbrick can solve it somehow.

Here's an update:

I've improved it quite a bit, slowed down steering, removed friction from the suspension, minimized side-to-side wobble in the front suspension (improving steering) and finally adding larger tires.

I also made slight improvements like changing non-friction pins to friction pins in the wheel hubs helping the CV joints to hold up (which they do really well even with the larger tires).

I also shot a video in the snow and a new LDD file is coming soon.

When will you finish your ural? Really liked that...

Well...

That particular chassis wont be finished, but I have some similar plans for a 6x6 in the future

Nice job, and here I was thinking your first version was the best mini crawler I've seen! It handles the snow surprisingly well considering the slick tires you added. It even looks better than the last one. :thumbup:

Nice job, and here I was thinking your first version was the best mini crawler I've seen! It handles the snow surprisingly well considering the slick tires you added. It even looks better than the last one. :thumbup:

Thank you!

They perform well because of the larger diameter, but also because the buggy doesn't weigh much at all.

Just sitting here with a set of mid size wheels, wondering what to make ... thanks for the inspiration

You're welcome :classic:

I don't understand your message: Those connectors on the rear axle should be replaced with ones that only have one pin sticking out, and placed under the liftarm. Same thing in the front.

could you clarify please?

I don't understand your message: Those connectors on the rear axle should be replaced with ones that only have one pin sticking out, and placed under the liftarm. Same thing in the front.

could you clarify please?

24494096465_a3d2c5a3fc_c.jpgMiniRockCrawler 3 by Pego's Legos, on Flickr

That part isn't available in LDD

15100.jpg