Maxim I

Welcome to the territory of Everlast! [CG, A14, HC vs DK]

Disco's Guerilla's Build:

The rumors about an upcoming war were growing everywhere in the mountains of Rakath. And the people heard about the cruel troops of that so called "Desert King". Most of the civilians tried to reach the last refuge of civilization in the northern mountains, the last place that was still controlled by the High Council: Everlast. The guards have been doubled in the last weeks, and everyone in Everlast was preparing against an upcoming attack by a huge army. But sometimes the threat is sneaking into your house, and you won't recognize it, if you are just preparing against the obvious...

16144070084_dc0b7f0265_c.jpg

by Disco

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here starts the counter Guerilla:

Once passed under the Great Arch, the people started feeling save as they know it took Sultan Santani b'Rack Ji'Fall 5 years to conquer Everlast 1300 years ago, even with an army of 20.000 soldiers!!!!

Just like any other day, daily life was going on in Everlast, with some heavy equipped guards patrolling in the streets.

16212602843_775d27f07e_c.jpg

While suddenly, the assassin jumped out of a building!!

16616129677_f9e413bae8_c.jpg

With a quick and precious hit, he stabbed one of the guards...

16635879358_ab5988cb97_c.jpg

He was already calculating how to kill the other guard when suddenly he felt a sword piercing through his body...

16822322842_6443d1caf3_c.jpg

"Bloody idiot, before entering, you should know Everlast has Undead Riders... And what is dead, can't die anymore..."

16635873458_fa0a01aeec_c.jpg

---------------------------

Figless:

16637317359_3bb46225ef_c.jpg

---------------------------

Congratz Disco for making such a nice guerilla attack!!! But I hope this one blows your stunning entry!

C&C welcome ofcourse!!

I would like to claim UOP-credit for Forced Perspective!

Edited by Maxim I

The FP is excellent, it reminds me of "inception". I would recommend to close off the doorways, the blank space is a bit noticeable. Great story. Approved.

Thanks already for the comments!!

@Robuko: I see what you mean. I'll take it in mind next time!

I forgot to post a final picture of the dead assassin:

16635873458_fa0a01aeec_c.jpg

That forced perspective is really well done, this was a really good idea to counter my build on that small space. Good luck !

Actually I first thought people may think the first picture and the story on top would be your work, but then I didn't care. But reading something here know makes me believe I thought the right way. So please delete my picture and my story and put a link to it instead. Thanks !

Actually I first thought people may think the first picture and the story on top would be your work, but then I didn't care. But reading something here know makes me believe I thought the right way. So please delete my picture and my story and put a link to it instead. Thanks !

Sorry my bad, I thought people already saw the original Moc made by you so they would know. I updated the topic, put your stuff in a spoiler and explicitly said the first picture and the first part of the story is yours!!!!

Thanks for changing ! Sorry for beeing weird about that, just wanted everything to be clear.

Definitely a clever use of space here, the FP is quite effective :thumbup: The facades look very kaliphlin :classic:

So if I were to build around Everlast, I should just use colorful buildings... anyway, great FP!

Lovely build, Maxim - The forced perspective is excellent, and I love the way you use microfigures (and that prize statue :tongue: ) and progressively smaller buildings to create a full perspective. :thumbup:

Further, the facades are nice, as is the posing and minifigs!

I really like how you moved a bit away from the original scene, while stille tying it together (with the forced perspective). For some guerillas, it doesn't make sense to counter them within the exact same scene, so something like this, or Garmadon's moc stopping the assassin outside the building of the original guerilla, really appeals to me. I hope we will see both types throughout this challenge - as we already have. :classic:

Great forced perspective. I really suck at this. So it's always useful for me to see such inspiration.

Definitely a clever use of space here, the FP is quite effective :thumbup: The facades look very kaliphlin :classic:

I have the bricks in my collection to build a replica of Disco's Arch, but then it would be a boring result (I am not really a great story teller in English). So I am very happy with the use of space myself :wink:

So if I were to build around Everlast, I should just use colorful buildings... anyway, great FP!

Indeed! And a lot of gold in the buildings :laugh:

Lovely build, Maxim - The forced perspective is excellent, and I love the way you use microfigures (and that prize statue :tongue: ) and progressively smaller buildings to create a full perspective. :thumbup:

Further, the facades are nice, as is the posing and minifigs!

I really like how you moved a bit away from the original scene, while stille tying it together (with the forced perspective). For some guerillas, it doesn't make sense to counter them within the exact same scene, so something like this, or Garmadon's moc stopping the assassin outside the building of the original guerilla, really appeals to me. I hope we will see both types throughout this challenge - as we already have. :classic:

It was playing with the height of the facades to make all buildings fit! Like I replied to SK's comment: I could have made a copy but it would make no sense indeed :classic:

Great forced perspective. I really suck at this. So it's always useful for me to see such inspiration.

It was the second time I did it :laugh: Drawing some sketches really helped me as I could see where I had to go to with heights and the smaller buildings :classic: