Bregir

"Procuring" support [G:J15, HC vs U]

In the streets of a small town just south of Mpya Stedor, everyday life seems to continue unhindered, despite the civil war raging throughout the guild.

16823589001_0239e86e7d_c.jpgEveryday Life by Beorthan, on Flickr

However, in the shadows. something shady is going on.

An official from the town council is being bribed by an agent of the High Council to allow ships, troops, and supplies to move in and out of Mpya Stedor.

16202312474_d6256b5ce6_c.jpgThe Bribe by Beorthan, on Flickr

Effectively, control of the town will be transfered to the High Council, together with the hinterland.

16202311584_9fbd6713ec_z.jpgVillage square by Beorthan, on Flickr

Guerilla build for the High Council against Ulandus, at square J15.

Excellent build, Bregir! :wub: I really like the medium dark flesh for the well, and the water being emptied is great! :thumbup:

Beautiful moc Bregir! A photography with more/even lighting would add a lot to the beauty of it. :wink:

Great build! Neat looking buildings! However Im confused, I thought this town was under the control of Ulandians, not Nocturnians( the red and gold flags)

Lovely little city scene! :thumbup:

Since the work with the bricks is so nice I will give you some constructive feedback regarding the photography. I am not fond of the sharp shadows from the flash in the first and third pics. If the shadows would have been in an angle plausible to be the sun it would have been ok but now they just look like camera flash and nothing else.

So my favorite pic here is the middle one where you left the flash off.

Since your long shutter speed in any case seems to indicate you are using a tripod or some other way to steady the camera, I would suggest turning off the flash entirely.

Wow. Even in High Council territory, officials still need to be bribed to let supplies through to their own team?

:tongue:

That guy was certainly no Ulandian.

Nice build! I agree with Gideon about the photography though, no flash would probably have been better.

:thumbup:

Very cool city scene, the tan building is particularly impressive with the arched walkway and balcony :thumbup:

Nice build Bregir! Excellent job with the building, and as others have mentioned, the water is a great touch :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks all! Glad you like it - As always, my greatest challenge seems to be photography... :classic:

Nice! Love the bucket being emptied! :thumbup:

Thanks, LV! Was a moment of inspiration - and I really love how Garmadon picked it up in his counter!!

Excellent build, Bregir! :wub: I really like the medium dark flesh for the well, and the water being emptied is great! :thumbup:

Thanks, LJ :classic: I think a lot of the lego colours are great, and the darkish, earhish colours are just wonderful for Kaliphlin.

Great build! Neat looking buildings! However Im confused, I thought this town was under the control of Ulandians, not Nocturnians( the red and gold flags)

Thanks, LD. I doubt the locals put much meaning in the use of flags, though. It may be the colours of the local crest, or just that of some merchant or knight. (Or maybe them sneaky nocturnians have more going on than they would like us to know?!? :look::tongue: )

Lovely little city scene! :thumbup:

Since the work with the bricks is so nice I will give you some constructive feedback regarding the photography. I am not fond of the sharp shadows from the flash in the first and third pics. If the shadows would have been in an angle plausible to be the sun it would have been ok but now they just look like camera flash and nothing else.

So my favorite pic here is the middle one where you left the flash off.

Since your long shutter speed in any case seems to indicate you are using a tripod or some other way to steady the camera, I would suggest turning off the flash entirely.

Thanks, Gideon - I really appreciate taking your time to give me some constructive feedback - especially as I am struggling quite a bit with the photography! :thumbup:

I am sure that my builds can be improved too, but I agree the lowest hanging fruits are probably on the photo side. :sweet:

I really admire your photos, and you are always welcome to give feedback on this - and don't be gentle! I normally learn fast, but this... hmmm, I just haven't crakced the code... :sceptic:

Wow. Even in High Council territory, officials still need to be bribed to let supplies through to their own team?

:tongue:

That guy was certainly no Ulandian.

Nice build! I agree with Gideon about the photography though, no flash would probably have been better.

:thumbup:

Well, to be honest, he probably is just a regular (crooked) local official, who just happened to declare for Ulandus. :wink:

And thanks - I will try to stay away from that ugly flash-button! :tongue:

Very cool city scene, the tan building is particularly impressive with the arched walkway and balcony :thumbup:

Thanks, SK - I liked that one the most too. (And after seing Garmadon's brilliant counter, I wish I had reworked the green one! :tongue: )