Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

The Sailing Sunshine

pirates-indexed.gif 172B

When you see yellow sails shining on the horizon, you know that Simon of Clipperton arrives... :pir-classic:

I already dabbled a little bit before in the pirates theme and now I finally finished my first ship. It's entirely made out of bricks without prefabricated hull pieces (simply because I don't own a single ship and so I also don't have any of those). The sails are selfmade out of an old pillow. Any critism is very welcome :pir-blush:

16823968145_43612a46de_z.jpg

16822902772_297801ccee_z.jpg

Thank you for looking!

looks great! The old pillow made a great locking sail. The balcony at the stern (sp?) was also very nice.

Thank you guys! The colour choice was actually inspired by the ambassador project where we decided that it would be cool to get a dark orange faction. I first had white sails on it, but then changed them to yellow ones to spice up the colour sheme ;-).

Everything about this ship is amazing. I particularly like its proportion.

The use of an old pillow for the sails is a great idea

Excellent Moc! I really like how the hull turned out!

I tried to think of a bit of criticism, but the only thing I cou think of was making the railings in the back more rounded. Although I can see how that would be in real life :classic:

Nice colors, I like the curved shape of the shape,

the cannon ports seem a bit less integrated in the design, perhaps smaller hatches (or less cannons spread out over the length of the ship) would make that look better.

But that's just my point of view, nice work pirate_classic.gif .

Amazing vessel, Simon!

Most amazing even, since it's your first ever pirate ship! What a splendid creation pirate_wubnew.gif

The custom hull looks just right, the sails are a delight, and your 'seaborne' use of colors is as excellent as it is on shore. thumbup.gif

The only things I'd suggest would be larger fighting tops, and 'more' shrouds.

Keep up the amazing work, would love to 'sea' more of your creations here! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you guys for all comments!

@Sebeus: Now that you say it, I see what you mean. I went for this piece because a brickbuilt one would have been thicker and so didn't look that good... I totally forgot that there's also a 2x2 with clips, next time I will use them.

@KB: Thank you for the feedback! The sails and strings were the most difficult part for me, as it was the first time I did it. They should get better with every ship I post here ;-).

@Israel Hands: Of course I did ;-)

Edited by Simon_S

Thanks Umbra Manis!

Thank you Gary!

A splendid vessel Simon. The color scheme is original and looks quite nice. Knowing your from the guilds made me expect it to be a Kalphin build at first. I think you put a bit too much vertical curve on her for the length which is exaggerated by the gunwales being an even height across the length. It makes the hull taller in the middle. I like the rigging with the minimal strings up top reminding me of some of the earlier system pirate ships.

Those pirates sure have brought along the wenches. A fun-filled voyage must be ahead!