After some months since I presented a new MOC I want to share here too a little MOC I have dome some days ago.

It is a car lift with 2-columns like the mechanics use in in the garages.

CarLift-01.JPG

Actually it is very simple. The lift mechanism is a worm and rack. It is very compact, strong and reliable.

It includes arms with adjustable angle, and rubber in the end to prevent the car will slide out of the lift and crash to the floor.

CarLift-02.JPG

It also has auto-stop function,, in the top and in the bottom.

CarLift-03.JPG

The maximum lift weight is around 3.5Kg. Here some tests with differents cars and weights(Yes, I keep my cars assembled...).

CarLift-15.JPG

CarLift-14.JPG

Under de Defender, you feel like a real mechanic ;)

CarLift-17.JPG

As always a little video!!

Also this time free instructions for download for 3 differents car scales (1/8, 1/10 and 1/12) here: Download

Enjoy!!

Edited by Sheepo

This is awesome. I'm impressed at how much weight it can lift. Will definitely try to build this sometime in the future as i have a spare XL and switch

Sheepo this is so cool! Didn't someone make a floor jack? Would love to see a Technic Garage.

Me ;)

http://www.sheepo.es...arage-jack.html

This is awesome. I'm impressed at how much weight it can lift. Will definitely try to build this sometime in the future as i have a spare XL and switch

You can use a M or a L motor. Actually for the development I used a M motor, but finally I decided use a XL motor to reduce the stress under heavy loads.

Edited by Sheepo

Finally somebody made it! Not somebody, but Sheepo himself :thumbup: ! Welcome back, I already wondered what happened to this genius!

Cool instrument for car mocs video presentations!

Edited by rm8

Oh My God, Finally we can lift your really heavy cars at events!!! ^^

Interesting... how many torreznos can lift?.

+1 LOOOOOOL

Interesting... how many torreznos can lift?.

Almost enough to satisfy the spanish technic group!!

Note: this is only a joke between us.

Cool MOC. It would make life so much easier. I was looking at lifts the other day after I changed the oil on cold wet floor. Too bad my garage is too small to fit one.

Really cool! And watching the video made me understand how many super MOCs there are from Sheepo :)

Welcome back, I already wondered what happened to this genius!

Don't worry, I am here to stay ;)

I am building every time I have some free time.

Actually I have an important announcement to do about my future cars, I will do it coming soon.

Some people will like it, and many others don't, but I think it is the best option.

That is the best yet!!!! Thought about making one but wasn't sure where to start and never tried. It would be better if you did a pic of a car falling off onto a Technic figure! :grin:

That's great. I wonder if it would be stronger, and maybe take more weight, if made with studded beams.

H

I don't have troubles with theory, but practice was always my bad...I envied guys who can easily change something under the bonnet, cut springs, rebuild engine and even attach turbo to his 90HP 1.6L LADA engine. I have such friends office-workers with "gold hands". Talented one.

Now my dream come true, and I have my own garage with lift, where I can easily, without dirt, repair and pimp my own cars.

Thanks to Sheepo;)

p.s. and finally I find the good way to use my yellow (hate them) beams. My first Yellow creation. 1:12

qYLLCnLaXHA.jpg

UXTcTN3o4ek.jpg

Edited by rm8

Now my dream come true, and I have my own garage with lift, where I can easily, without dirt, repair and pimp my own cars.

LOL

Now I see I am not the only one who hate technic yellow color, I have tons of unused yellow parts in a box hahaha

Does your auto-stop mechanism works fine?

Edited by Sheepo

LOL

Now I see I am not the only one how hate technic yellow color, I have tons of unused yellow parts in a box hahaha

Does your auto-stop mechanism works fine?

It work fine after I broke one 12t bevel gear. After that I have to change polarity at PF switch:)

Wow! Just like one of the real things I had in my workshop some years ago. Mine (I mean full-scale) used chain for transferring torque to other pillar or two motors and electronic synchronization.

I'd suggest cover the axle between pillars as usually cars are quite dirty :)