Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

[MOC] Kaikohuru

Legend tells of a towering being who once roamed on the island of Okoto... A wretched, titanic fiend known as the Kaikohuru. It is not known exactly whom or what he was, but his reputation of blood-thirst is what he is known for. While this towering giant walked unarmed, save for his jet-black horns, he was well known for unleashing a barrage of punches from his iron fists, obliterating the bodywork of whom he fought. He held no grudge, except to life itself. But, this was eons ago, and it is not known whether or not this terrible giant still roams the land...

So yeah, I've had this dude sitting about the place for quite a while now, so I thought I'd snap some pics and share him with you all! Enjoy!

16615286397_d9cca07cf1_c.jpg

16200245834_89bc116dd3_c.jpg

16635050908_c61d2f1967_c.jpg

And now, some of the structural details, including the specialized gearbox.

16615385797_0e6d2674f2_c.jpg

16822677875_c2f9d9abe9_c.jpg

The gearbox allows you to swing each of Kaikohuru's arms back and forth independently, so he can punch with his fists.

16822668795_a77358baa3_c.jpg

Huh. I don't like the proportions (the extremely wide knees) or colors much (the silver dilutes the bright purple a little too much, and should probably be spread out a little more), but that gearbox is genius. Can I please have permission to steal that design?

Edited by DraikNova

I myself love the wide knees and the overall shape, think I'll build it myself. :D

PS : I've resized your pictures, they were over the 800*600 px limit. :wink:

...but that gearbox is genius. Can I please have permission to steal that design?

Feel free, with due credit of course.

I myself love the wide knees and the overall shape, think I'll build it myself. :D

PS : I've resized your pictures, they were over the 800*600 px limit. :wink:

Agh, sorry about that :wacko: And please, feel free!

Edited by LewiMOC

Ahhh, I love me some purple. Overall nice build. Dat gear system though, if only I had the patience to be able to concoct something like that. ç.ç Well done.

Also the legs only strengthen my opinion on needing truly titan-style sets. Someone mentioned how the use for customized legs isn't a priority with larger builds due to the friction extenders, which you used with an overall customized leg build. Personally, I love and don't love the friction extender use in sets.

Examples of uses in sets like Lewa and Gali(she uses them right?) I love them giving the appropriate height the set deserves, but uses like Stormer XL, Furno XL, etc I dislike. Although with the "titans" of this wave, highly-customized uses of friction would have ruined the sets for me I think.

Ah, sorry for kind of going off topic, I rant too much sometimes. Love the moc!

Edit: Ah crap, that spare ball joint on the right leg in the 4th picture isn't used for friction, it's used for armor! My argument is invalid. XD So sorry.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I don't know why, but this is giving me a Tai Lung vibe from Kung Fu Panda. It's strange, but I like it. The mask kinda doesn't fit IMO but its not bad. That gearbox.... I cannot comprehend its genius. Overall a great MOC, keep up the great work man.

I generally like what you've done here, I'm in love with that genius gearbox build :wub: Now I desperately want to try and build it myself so I can have an MOC that can go round punching masks off Toa and Protectors :laugh:

But I'll be honest: I am not at all mad on the head, especially the horns. I feel they'd be better if you did something as simple as rotate them to point forwards, I don't know. Also, I'd replace the yellow with black in the gear system, as it is it is far too jarring/distracting against the black/purple/silver colour scheme. But I had this complaint with the Toa as well so there you go :laugh:

well,The horns give it a nice appearance and the rib area is great! I for one am a fan of the legs35.gif

Edited by nminleder