Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

Space Pirates characters

Space Pirates characters I built as examples for the Space Pirates Contest.

16631812108_465d77c30a_c.jpg

16566588098_eaf2fe6d0e.jpg

Droid John

16577736479_cb7a1bc0d2.jpg

Miles "longshot" Henderson

16588396559_dd254dcf27.jpg

Clockwork Jim

16606818889_dcc3b659df.jpg

Peete the robot parrot

16596226380_930ec0836f.jpg

Lady Angelique Smith

16775528286_b0ffca4827.jpg

Tohau the robo-tiki warrior

16602852597_257c8d1aaa.jpg

Captain Darkbluebeard

Pretty cool character designs, particularly the robots. Very nifty use of a BIONICLE mask as well for the captain, too. That's one way to work in the skull motif.

Miles "longshot" Henderson, Clockwork Jim and Captain Darkbluebeard look quite good, the others look less good to me tho...in a sense of "space" and "pirates" words :sweet:

Edited by bublible

I can't wrap my head around this theme. I'd love to build something for the contest, but I can't picture how to merge pirates and space.

Great designs - but please tell me (either Bob or anyone else) - What part are the "legs" for Angelique Smith? I just can't place them!

Thanks

D

Edited by nine09nueve

Great designs - but please tell me (either Bob or anyone else) - What part are the "legs" for Angelique Smith? I just can't place them!

Thanks

D

These are the "legs" of the promotionnal bionicle polybag, with the dark blue head used for the captain.

I suggest you go watch andromeda, farscape, lexx and firefly...

:thumbup: to all of those. Also, you might look up any Clone Wars episodes featuring Hondo Ohnaka, the couple of Futurama episodes that had Space Robot Pirates, and anyone from the LEGO Universe Venture League Faction(Also the Paradox Space Marauders, but they're more marauders than they are Space Pirates).

If you need inspiration for how to meld two different styles of building, take a look at David Pagano's Space Police Logs for SPIII, and see how he integrated Town and Space(you'll need to scroll down the page a bit.).

:thumbup: to all of those. Also, you might look up any Clone Wars episodes featuring Hondo Ohnaka, the couple of Futurama episodes that had Space Robot Pirates, and anyone from the LEGO Universe Venture League Faction(Also the Paradox Space Marauders, but they're more marauders than they are Space Pirates).

If you need inspiration for how to meld two different styles of building, take a look at David Pagano's Space Police Logs for SPIII, and see how he integrated Town and Space(you'll need to scroll down the page a bit.).

Dont forget robot pirate island from spongebob.