Bob De Quatre

Space Pirates Contest !

I think this contest is getting way too cool that everyone is building space pirate,

I wonder who is going to enter Cat B with classic pirates and is there any help in pairing members ?

Also can I use the same crew which enter Cat A in the freebuild of Cat C ?

Cheers ! :classic:

I think this contest is getting way too cool that everyone is building space pirate,

I wonder who is going to enter Cat B with classic pirates and is there any help in pairing members ?

I hope so, for the sake of my WIP!

I thought it was also said that you can do Cat B solo, but you have to have the "spirit" of teamwork? Or something..

Sure, no problem.

I thought it was also said that you can do Cat B solo, but you have to have the "spirit" of teamwork? Or something..

Well, Cat B was meant for teamwork, but we allow people to enter it alone.

Really looking forward to this! Hope you don't mind, I advertised this in the Space Pirate group on Flickr - It's a group that's been going for years but not been active for quite a while so this could be a great kickstart for it. Got a good idea for Cat C so time to get building....

Can we have a clarification of what "oversize" means there are some pretty big characters popping up. is there a sensible limit to what is considered in scale?

Or are you just saying use common sense :)

Can we have a clarification of what "oversize" means there are some pretty big characters popping up. is there a sensible limit to what is considered in scale?

Or are you just saying use common sense :)

I'd say use common sense... But I'd say not much more than a bigfig like Hulk, and no more than 2 bigfig per crew...

If we make a brick-built parrot like the one on the frontpage, does it count as one of our six characters? I ask because it is a very small character and there are 7 characters on the frontpage if you count the parrot, and TLG usually doesn't count animals as characters either.

Are we allowed to have more than two brick-built characters in our crew?

Yes you are, as long as they are not all oversized. As I said previously, 2 bigfigs is a maximuml.

If we make a brick-built parrot like the one on the frontpage, does it count as one of our six characters? I ask because it is a very small character and there are 7 characters on the frontpage if you count the parrot, and TLG usually doesn't count animals as characters either.

First the characters I posted isn't an entry for the contest but examples.

If the brickbuilt animal is small enough to be held by a minifig, like the Lego's parrot fit on a minifig hands, then you can include it as one of your minifig's accessory. If it's as big as the parrot I built, then it's a character on it's own and count as one of the 6 minifigs for the contest.

For an odd reason, some of my pictures seems to be 800x601 px, would that 1 extra pixel cause any problem, like getting me disqualified?

For an odd reason, some of my pictures seems to be 800x601 px, would that 1 extra pixel cause any problem, like getting me disqualified?

Yes of course!!

Just kidding, don't worry for 1 extra pixel :wink:

Hi everyone,

I cannot comment on entries due to impartiality... But you all did a great job until now, and there is still a full month left!!

Well that's what I should have said, but sadly we received a request to close this contest immediatly or expose us to legal pursuits. It seems that "pirates" and "space" are copyrighted words and we can't use them, even less two of them together. The staff discussed the matter, and for a moment we tought of adding add banners in every single post of the forum to buy the rights for "Pirates of the caribbean" and "Space mountain", but we finally decided that sadly we'll have to close this contest and distribute the prizes to the Sci-fi staff.

I'm very sorry for the time and effort some of you already put in this, but I can assure you that no matter what, the upcoming Space™ Disney™ Princess™ contest will be held!!

Hi everyone,

I cannot comment on entries due to impartiality... But you all did a great job until now, and there is still a full month left!!

Well that's what I should have said, but sadly we received a request to close this contest immediatly or expose us to legal pursuits. It seems that "pirates" and "space" are copyrighted words and we can't use them, even less two of them together. The staff discussed the matter, and for a moment we tought of adding add banners in every single post of the forum to buy the rights for "Pirates of the caribbean" and "Space mountain", but we finally decided that sadly we'll have to close this contest and distribute the prizes to the Sci-fi staff.

I'm very sorry for the time and effort some of you already put in this, but I can assure you that no matter what, the upcoming Space™ DisneyTM™ Princess™ contest will be held!!

:laugh: But aren't those 2 words copyrighted by the new owners of this site anyway? :tongue:

:laugh: But aren't those 2 words copyrighted by the new owners of this site anyway? :tongue:

Correct, but negociations are hard. There is a lot of discussion that could take years! And in the end there is always a problem with the signatures... I mean their representant didn't even have thumbs, so holding a pen is quite a challenge...

That's it! I put a lot of effort into this contest already, if it is cancelled, than I am throwing all my Lego into thrash, I heard there is a Megablocks contest about Space Pirate Ninjas, I am going to join that contest! No more Lego for me, all hail Megablocks!

I get overwhelmed with contests for some reason. Just can't ever get the right look to my build and then end up not winning or entering...I was almost relieved..

But I'll hanker down and keep working I suppose.

Hello!

Just a small question. Can I use in my entry for cat. C the same minifigs I`ve used in entry for cat. A?

Hello!

Just a small question. Can I use in my entry for cat. C the same minifigs I`ve used in entry for cat. A?

Yes we can™