Bob De Quatre

Space Pirates Contest !

Cool, I'll try and come up with something if I can.

EDIT: Can I use minifigure parts form the PotC line?

You can use any Lego part you want, and of course PotC is a great resources for piratey parts :wink:

I have a little airship up my sleeve. *laughs evil-ly* also, do they have to be really piratey or just space theives?

You don't have to build pirates. I'd say as long as your idea is plausible in the pirate era, then it could be translated to the space pirates era. Imperial fleet, governor's daughter, pirates, buccaneers, corsairs, etc...

I presume fleshies are allowed, not just yellows...? Great contest, thanks!

Fleshies are welcome. As are Greenies, bluies, and rainbowies :sweet:

Interesting contest.. So no digital entries even if they are photorealistic clean renders?

Nope, sorry.

Considering a space craft for the third category, what features could define it as related to the space pirates theme? Sorry for the newbie question.

Well, the same features as a pirate ship: canons, skulls, barrels of rum, ...

Nope, and nope on custom decals, which is really too bad.

I must say I'm not really familiar with custom stickers, but as it seems to be a bother to some of you, and as it's still early in the contest, I'll allow custom decals. Rules updated.

Can I use licensed parts? For example, can I use Stormtrooper helmets, whether as a minifigure part or as greebles?

Yes, PoTC bits are allowed, so SW should be. :wink:

Do we post entries here? Or is there separate thread?

Create a new one, it says the format in the rules post.

Fleshies are welcome. As are Greenies, bluies, and rainbowies :sweet:

Ah good, I've already built 7 so one'll have to go... What about greyies, half-and-halfies and three-headies?! :tongue:

This is one mad idea, totally in love in it! :wub: I'm totally in - how handy that I'll be home over Easter and can build :sweet:

(...and now your posts on flickr finally add up, too :tongue: )

This sounds really cool! :pir-classic:

Time to put some of those pirate ship parts to good use!

I must say I'm not really familiar with custom stickers, but as it seems to be a bother to some of you, and as it's still early in the contest, I'll allow custom decals. Rules updated.

Yay! As someone with absolutely no pirate sets, this makes things a bit easier!

I'm pulling my hair out right now as Space Pirates is my favourite cross-theme, this contest sounds like a lot of fun AND I'm working on a Mighty Space Schooner and its hearty crew... but I'm away from my bricks during the contest! Too bad!

Well, I still can't wait to see what will come out in the next month :pir-grin:

Space Pirates! The only thing better is Space Castle.

Could be fun! Can we enter category B by ourselves? Or must there be 2 people working on it?

Or even better than that, a Space Pirate Castle like this one I built many years ago :)

fortress.jpg

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to blend space and pirate. It sounds Steampunk in some respects (which is another theme I can't wrap my head around).

I mean, something that is flying but has cannons. I think the mix of technology is what throws me. How to make it consistent? But I think I have a hard time thinking futuristic anyway.

Could be fun! Can we enter category B by ourselves? Or must there be 2 people working on it?

You can enter by yourself, even if the spirit was more a cooperation between people

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to blend space and pirate. It sounds Steampunk in some respects (which is another theme I can't wrap my head around).

I mean, something that is flying but has cannons. I think the mix of technology is what throws me. How to make it consistent? But I think I have a hard time thinking futuristic anyway.

You think too much! :classic:

This is a "silly" theme, everything doesn't have to make sense or have to be scientificaly correct.

One of my first builds here on Eurobricks were space pirates themed:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73000

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73068

I have not taken part in any contests here before.

Where do I post my entries?

How should they be labelled when posted?

According to the rules:

• All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Sci-Fi forum, the title prefixed by, "[sPC] Cat X - ". (For example, "[sPC] Cat C - The dark grey pearl".)

Oh, what a cool contest, but why do they always appear when I have no time or this time all my bricks in a massive creation. I'll sure be entering the first category, hope to find resources for more.

Oooh, my sorting operation has also become a set-aside-parts scheme. Heh, this is going to be fun!

Do we get bonus points for integrating obscure official LEGO Sci-Fi canon? :grin: I have the idea of including a Zarconian* in my fig-bash...

*Not to be confused with the similarly named Zonian Federation.