Finally I get some time to build! WOOT!

Well I've been wondering what to make for my next project, as I really wanted to make a modern curvy supercar for once!

And just when I was about to give up look what pops up!

What can I say? I love the looks, and I wasn't really a fan of the old and really old GT, but this one I like!

I'm also looking forward to building in a new style for me consisting of Black and Blue rigid and pneumatic hoses.

The idea is for it to be ultra light and cheap to build using 8070 rims and tires and possible those nice Ferrari rims.

cq5dam.web.1024.768.jpeg

10176238_10152648027598333_839421625822192685_n.png?oh=1915d9771acb6e75e4563d4941ec57a6&oe=552A0237&__gda__=1432949768_0a50243a491b93d286fbc85090b19238

I'm not sold on the back of the car tho, kinda looks like a skull with firey eyes! LOL

Looks nice in silver!

http://www.motorauth...icago-auto-show

Here is my WIP

16611628797_deebec252c_b.jpg

16631375468_45315340dc_b.jpg

16631557250_afb0f900b8_b.jpg

16631563140_861b852205_b.jpg

The bodywork will be completely pneumatic hose, and I'm aiming for under 1kg final weight. :blush: The hose on the Left is 3rd party, slightly more stiff and off blue tho.

I must express my disapointment that my previous thread was locked after only 4 days with no WIP, but anyway we shall move on.

And no discussing what makes a supercar or not! Make another thread please. :tongue:

Edited by Doc_Brown

Sheepo told me yesterday - you will see how Lego Fords GT will come out even from under the rocks - :laugh: . Good luck it was one of my many choices to build but the blue was too much for me :sceptic: .

It Will be fantastic with multilink front suspension!!

Nice choice and interesting objectives! I remember the old thread and now it seems you are serious about it :thumbup:. I like the XL gearing. Does the differential scratch sometimes (if you have tested already some prototype)? Yeah, the exhaust looks unusual - it is the final version of the real one? I think 3D printed rims (covers) would be much better than the Ferrari rims - did you consider something like that maybe? Third party parts are getting more and more attractive nowadays. ANY new rims....

Nice, I'd really like to see this car in a LEGO version! It's going to take ALOT of pneumatic hoses to cover this thing though :laugh: The gearing seems roughly 1:5, it seems a little too high to have that much torque with those big tires; I tried 1:9 gearing with Mindstorms Large motors and 43.2 x 22 ZR tires yet had problems with torque :hmpf_bad: Although I've never used XL motors before so it's probably fine :classic: Anyway, I hope to see you finish this!

the rear part is fugly but all the rest is just wow :)

nice blue hoses they look the same as original ones

looking forward for this project ;)

Yeah the back end isn't the best by any means. I might come up with my own version at the back if it looks really bad in Technic.

Here is my wip tonight.

Front suspension nearly worked out with anti-sway bars that work pretty well considering they are plastic.

The speed of this thing is very impressive, currently weighs about 700grams, and is quite fast even with flat-ish batteries.

This is just a crappy test chassis atm. Can't wait to try lithiums in it!!!

16833304555_2058f600a1_b.jpg

16833322245_fd7ee9f135_b.jpg

16807456876_7df2e24986_b.jpg

I like the idea. It you get the body to work and look like a Ford GT, that would be great. A light and strong chassis would be great. I recomment using Technic frames to make the chassis rigid and keeping it light. The torsion bar looks great, but witn the strong springs and the light car I don't think it is necessary to at torsion bars. Looking forward seeing this car go like mad :thumbup:

Thanks guys! But its not a torsion bar, its an anti-sway or anti roll bar, when one wheel goes up it puts pressure on the other to keep the car level. :grin:

are You planning To use 2 lipo BB? do The suspension work well also now With a light chassis only? I rally Line the essential design offerte this chassis!!

Anti roll bar is a clever addition.

H

Edited by Horace T

Thanks guys! But its not a torsion bar, its an anti-sway or anti roll bar, when one wheel goes up it puts pressure on the other to keep the car level. :grin:

Oh I am sorry, anti-sway or anti roll you are still crazy :thumbup: .

Anti roll bar at that scale is a little crazy, but also very cool. What type of suspension does the real car have in front and back?

tim

Looking good! the anti roll bar is a nice addition, but don't u think it is a bit to stiff? Maybe it would be better to get rid of the connector in the middle and use 1 long axle instead?

Yeah overall I think the suspension is too hard in the front and will swap them out for the greys.

Looking good! the anti roll bar is a nice addition, but don't u think it is a bit to stiff? Maybe it would be better to get rid of the connector in the middle and use 1 long axle instead?

I don't think its stiff enough...... :grin: Plastic has a lot of flex. Working on rebuilding it now.

are You planning To use 2 lipo BB? do The suspension work well also now With a light chassis only? I rally Line the essential design offerte this chassis!!

Narr I don't have any lipos and not a fan of them either, not enough voltage, energizer lithium are more powerful! :laugh:

Also working on a 3rd party super conductor/battery that may be totally awesome. :tongue: