Jacob Nion

[Mini Challenge, Desert King] Breakout in the Wither Woods

"Get in position! This is our only chance." Lord Osric yellled at his troops, trying to prepare them for a desperate attempt to break the enemy's lines. The Desert King's advance in the west had been stopped by a fresh recruited and well equipped army loyal to the High Council. Now, after one week of bloody battles, the Wither Woods were cut off from the Pharao's main land in the east. His troops were far from being defeated yet, but Osric was not willing to spend the next two months trying to stand his ground while over Nocturnian captains would claim honour for conquering Kaliphlin's great cities and win all the loot and attention of their resurrected master.

He would make a glorious attack against the besiegers and fight his way through the High Council's lines back to the Rakath Mountains. "Bring my rat!" When the rat lord spoke of his rat, he did not mean one of his men, to whom he referred to as simply "his men". "His rat" was his joker. Something that would guarantee their escape...

16790476596_31c207258c_b.jpg

16790483356_2b161f930a_b.jpg

16628993070_7acd74aec8_b.jpg

16790504606_2d438f6080_b.jpg

16816376785_18545aa7ef_b.jpg

Lovely build, the rat and the tree are really nice and the story set up is perfect. My only critique is that there is not that much contrast between the dark bley rat and the ground tones, which makes it look a bit busy. It might be worth paying with the lighting settings on the editing software.

Buttercup: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.

Westley: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt - no problem. There's a popping sound preceding each; we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.

Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?

Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

Gosh he's (or is it a she?) cute :sweet: - really nice overall shaping and I especially like the spikes on his tail. It would've been nice if he didn't blend quite so much into the background (perhaps some more greenery around the rat would have helped him stand out more...)

Really nice job! I like everything, but it really stands out to me how some of the rocks are poking out onto the border :classic: . My only complaint is that the rocks on the front could be a bit more rounded. Unless of course, that they are supposed to be ruins, in which case they're fine :classic:

You really pop out amazing mocs in no time! I really like the action going on in this moc and that giant rat!? Just wow! :thumbup: