107 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above average
    • Outstanding

I also have the "wrong head problem". :pir-cry_sad:

Well, I think this is a core mistake by lego: The instruction booklet tells me that the missing head must be ElementID# 4506812. But in the official set list on the lego-website (Bricks & Pieces), it is listed as ElementID# 6123702. And this is what we actually got from lego.

Odd.

Mine came with ElementID# 4506812.

I am in the U.S. and purchased mine through barnesandnoble.com.

The people that recieved the wrong head, were are you from? I have the right one!

I purchased my set directly via the european lego-online-shop.

I think it rather depends on the production batch we bought (first batch with correct head, second head with the other batch, ...). Maybe they shipped the "correct batch" to U.S. and the other one to european stores (or vice versa). Or it's all mixed - so what you get is just pure luck :-(.

Edited by Guybrick

I don't have any problems with the hull pieces. As for the admiral's head, I just received an e-mail message from LEGO that the correct head I ordered is on its way to me. I'll let you know once I get it if that is indeed the right one. pirate_classic.gif

I don't have any problems with the hull pieces. As for the admiral's head, I just received an e-mail message from LEGO that the correct head I ordered is on its way to me. I'll let you know once I get it if that is indeed the right one. pirate_classic.gif

I did the same and got the head two weeks ago.

Me too , Hull is fine. Lego replied to me saying they will send it in few days, so i have to wait for almost a month to get it huuuuuuuuuuh

Me too , Hull is fine. Lego replied to me saying they will send it in few days, so i have to wait for almost a month to get it huuuuuuuuuuh

Thank you for that information. So that means, there are only a few sets which contain every single known production flaw - and I have one of them. default_sad.gif

Okay, now it's time for the customer service. default_blink.gif

I'm from Sweden, and I have the wrong head. I also have the flaw in the hull. I bought the sets from the Netherlands though, and don't know where the shop got its supplies from. I'm satisfied with the wrong head though, I think the correct head looks a bit ugly.

Okay, I made some photos of the two assembled front hull piece. I use a german picture-host that allows thumbnails. Just click on them to see the big resolution photos ;-).

First a view from a bottom angle:

70413topview4rumj.jpg

The molding of one of the parts (or both) doesn't fit to the other one. The author of the brickset-review wrote, that his other lego ships don't have this problem.

Here is a view from a front angle:

70413frontview5ru03.jpg

At the edge of each part you can also see the notches, that i mentioned before. And these notches are also on two of the middle pieces (a bit smaller, but I can see them clear if they are assembled).

And at last this photo shows the parts on the inner side:

70413insideviewuyufa.jpg

As you can see, there is a small gap between the two parts. And no matter how hard you push them together, it will return to this status. Also you can see the slightly different color. But in normal daylight, you probably don't notice it. So I could live with it, if the other problems weren't there :-(.

As I told before, this is my first ship. So I really can't say, if this is kind of normal or a real production flaw. My knowledge about this bases on the mentioned review and my personal "brick-sense".

That hullgap is actually a bad problem, the Wrong head for the amiralfig isn't. Altough it is annoying to get wrong, it is not a problem.

We haven't opened the set yet so don't know if we have any of the faults, will have to open and check.

Okay, I made some photos of the two assembled front hull piece. I use a german picture-host that allows thumbnails. Just click on them to see the big resolution photos ;-).

70413topview4rumj.jpg

The molding of one of the parts (or both) doesn't fit to the other one. The author of the brickset-review wrote, that his other lego ships don't have this problem.

Here is a view from a front angle:

70413frontview5ru03.jpg

At the edge of each part you can also see the notches, that i mentioned before. And these notches are also on two of the middle pieces (a bit smaller, but I can see them clear if they are assembled).

And at last this photo shows the parts on the inner side:

70413insideviewuyufa.jpg

As you can see, there is a small gap between the two parts. And no matter how hard you push them together, it will return to this status. Also you can see the slightly different color. But in normal daylight, you probably don't notice it. So I could live with it, if the other problems weren't there :-(.

As I told before, this is my first ship. So I really can't say, if this is kind of normal or a real production flaw. My knowledge about this bases on the mentioned review and my personal "brick-sense".

OMG....Looks like you got the Bad set...this is very annoying issue with the Hull.....i just checked mine and everything is great!......

Mine is the European Version bought from NL.

You should write to Lego and tell them to stop making mistakes everytime ,,,really we dont know what they will do next time!

Regrds

It sounds like TLG have two separate moulds for creating the pieces, with the moulds being ever so slightly different. The give-away is the notches, they are mould lines where the top and bottom parts of the mould separate to release the part; if some parts have them and others don't then the parts must have come from different moulds. Perhaps there are different moulds in the North American, European and China factories?

The question would be: Why did they redesign the mould when the needed a second mould to satisfy production demands?

However; I suspect that we'll never receive an answer to that.

Edited by The_Cook

Maybe it was never intended to redesign the mould and it's just a production flaw. I could imagine, that they throw all pieces from the different factories (or the batches) in one big container before they sort them for the end user package. Or maybe there are some newer pieces mixed with the rest of the last batch - or something like that. This would also explain the slightly different colors.

But you're right, we'll probably never get an answer.

However, I'll contact the costumer service to get some new pieces and hope that everything is fine then :-).

Maybe it was never intended to redesign the mould and it's just a production flaw. I could imagine, that they throw all pieces from the different factories (or the batches) in one big container before they sort them for the end user package. Or maybe there are some newer pieces mixed with the rest of the last batch - or something like that. This would also explain the slightly different colors.

But you're right, we'll probably never get an answer.

However, I'll contact the costumer service to get some new pieces and hope that everything is fine then :-).

Yes..it is a flaw and not redesigning issue. The quality Assurance Department must be more professional.

Back then from 80s to 2000, i had many Legos and never come up with any issues.

Just starting from the Legend version from year 2000 up to date Lego has many Quality issues.

70413topview4rumj.jpg

Blast it, at first I thought my hull was fine, but then I took another look and I have exactly the same problem with mine. I have no idea how I missed this initially...

I checked mine, the same problem.

Good thing we didn´t give it yet as a present to our sons. It is always harder to start waiting for a new part then, especially when it is something as important as this.

Is this part something TLG CS will do anything about, is it worth contacting them, ofcourse it is always good to contact them but I guess they are aware of the problem already.

What I am trying to say, would the replace this part and would the new part be any better?

What I am trying to say, would the replace this part and would the new part be any better?

If it's a mould issue, which I believe it is, then the replacement part is very likely to suffer the same problems because it will have come from the same mould. If they have multiple moulds in the factories then it will be pot-luck which variant of the part you get. If you don't contact them they'll never know the extent of the problem and never try to remedy it at source.

Ok Guys.........I checked mine again and it is ineed having this issue but slight not like our mate here in the photos. In my case it is not noticeable from sides, as from bottom it is has very slight gap which i think i can go with it

So i believe all the sets have these issue and it is indeed a molding defect

LEGo must stop producing this Set before it is too Late!

If it's a mould issue, which I believe it is, then the replacement part is very likely to suffer the same problems because it will have come from the same mould. If they have multiple moulds in the factories then it will be pot-luck which variant of the part you get. If you don't contact them they'll never know the extent of the problem and never try to remedy it at source.

So then the only way to really be sure that you will not have the defect would be for Lego to send you TWO of those parts and test fit it in advance to be sure it does not have the defect. It will solve that particular problem, but this is really bad news for people who want to MOC their own ships. Just imagine ordering this piece from Bricklink and having the flaw when you combine it with another part you got from somewhere else. If you have to order it, there is no way of telling whether or not it is going to work out until it is too late. If I MOC a ship, it would probably be best to buy those parts in person and make sure they fit together.

So then the only way to really be sure that you will not have the defect would be for Lego to send you TWO of those parts and test fit it in advance to be sure it does not have the defect. It will solve that particular problem, but this is really bad news for people who want to MOC their own ships. Just imagine ordering this piece from Bricklink and having the flaw when you combine it with another part you got from somewhere else. If you have to order it, there is no way of telling whether or not it is going to work out until it is too late. If I MOC a ship, it would probably be best to buy those parts in person and make sure they fit together.

i dont think so....it looks this defect runs in all sets....and those who didnt notice it, they might didnt focus.....So the only way to get thr correct one is, Lego must make a new Mold!