Hello!

This is an idea that I haven´t seen before, and wanted to share.

It is the 81.6 x 38 balloon tires stretched on the unimog rim.

They are 10 studs in diameter and 5 studs wide.

The tires will stretch and become unusable on the normal rim after some time!

img_1285.jpg

img_1288.jpg

img_1289.jpg

But can you do this with new 6-hole and reinforced wheels, like wheels from set 42000 or set 42039? I tried but not with good results, although I used huge amount of power and some equipments too...

Front:

BYsHEVo.jpg

Back:

yFJrdSf.jpg

Only other side can be pulled on the wheel as you can see from the pics... If anybody has done this, please some advice/hint...

Maybe you can soften the rubber by soaking the tyres in hot water

Typically though, when you have large rims with smaller tire walls then you get decreased 4x4 performance. No matter the suspension, you will feel every bump, rock, etc., b/c there is simply no tire and air to absorb differences in terrain. In fact, some auto manufacters won't even sale 4x4's with large rim options. My wife and I recently went shopping for a Jeep Grand Cherokee but wanted the altitude version. We were denied b/c they said these vehicles were not available. They stated there is no reason to have a 4x4 vehicle with thin tires. You will damage the rims when you are off-roading.

Although I have hence found out the Jeep does, in fact, sell the version you see in this post as a 4x4, the dealerships rationale was sound. Off-roading with large rims and small tires is not a fun nor recommended practice.

The pictures in this post, fitting the said tires on the said rims seem to me to fit that profile. I would not recommned it. Perhaps if the vehicle were, say, like a truck or SUV but more like for city driving and showing, then perhaps (can anyone say Cadillac Escalade?), but for a "monster truck" I would not advise it.

Man vs rubber, man wins :wink:

On the wheel

Front:

rkSXU9J.jpg

Back:

Z4hNPEA.jpg

It was all about technic... Little common sense and buttering knife and easy does it :thumbup: Now I can complete my mod/moc desert buggy with these nice show off wheels :wink: It's only a display model, so the looks are everything. Notice that I will post picture/pictures for my final version of that buggy really soon, so check out Desert Buggy thread :classic: