Wow, my first thread.

I love lego Technic, especially the 42000 and 42039. I am making a mod to the 42000, and you must guess what it's going to be!

IMG_3459_zpsnkwwjmh8.jpg

IMG_3460_zps4rxcne1q.jpg

Let's get those gears grinding!

You're adding a trailer hitch? ... lol

Seriously, more weight at the back for better traction?

Edited by DrJB

I'm waiting what it will be :classic: Personally I like this set and made some mods too...

0EeNGKp.jpg

New style in front wing, little bit changed back wing and modded side air intakes. Also new colour styling maybe towards the old legendary mclaren colour style.

So i'm very interested what you will create :classic:

You're adding a trailer hitch? ... lol

Seriously, more weight at the back for better traction?

Nope, Sorry. Thanks for the comment! It helps me out and stay motivated!

A new spoiler ?

Close, but not quite. Thanks for the reply.

I'm waiting what it will be :classic: Personally I like this set and made some mods too...

0EeNGKp.jpg

New style in front wing, little bit changed back wing and modded side air intakes. Also new colour styling maybe towards the old legendary mclaren colour style.

So i'm very interested what you will create :classic:

I love your model! The mods I'm doing are not what you are doing! Thanks for the positive feedback!

So, I hoped for some more comments..

I will not post the pictures in this update, because I am dissapointed with the amount of comments. They help me out, and keep me motivated. I will give hints, and if I can get a Minimum of 3 comments, (preferably more), I will post pictures.

Hints: Q: What do all of these have in common?

1. Indian 2. Indiana Jones 3. Indiana 4. F1 5. NASCAR 6. Dan Weldon 7. Saftey

I hope that is enough. Please comment!

Maybe Official Pace Car Indianapolis 500 Year 2011 aka Chevy Camaro? Colour scheme is at least same:

2011ChevroletCamaroPaceCarRear.jpg

ebay-pace-car.jpg

:classic:

Based on orange and white and the hinting at Indian* are you making a Sahara Force India car?

I will give hints, and if I can get a Minimum of 3 comments, (preferably more), I will post pictures.

This is juvenile. Build something > take pictures > share it; it's that simple.

I agree.

@Perry15: Of course you can have some fun here, but we prefer facts and builds (with pictures) instead of guessing games.

I agree.

@Perry15: Of course you can have some fun here, but we prefer facts and builds (with pictures) instead of guessing games.

I think that new members don't want To post pictures or share their own building id no one is interested in It, il so sad make topics where You have To talk alone :(

Sorry. Where I'm from, we do guessing games to see if we can guess the coaster we are building. I will post pictures after school today. :(

I agree.

I usually try to get somewhat of a close answer to start the pictures.

I think that new members don't want To post pictures or share their own building id no one is interested in It, il so sad make topics where You have To talk alone :(

That is exactly why. :/

If you think no one will be interested in your MOD/MOC, starting a guessing game topic is useless too :tongue:

To be clear; I am cool with what you did. Nothing which isn't allowed or something, so don't worry :thumbup:

All I'm saying is that I see it on Facebook all the time "guess what I'm building" and "guess what this is".

Be aware that EB isn't Facebook and the audience here is a bit more mature.

So please continue and show us what you were building. Or do I need to guess?! :laugh::wink:

Maybe Official Pace Car Indianapolis 500 Year 2011 aka Chevy Camaro? Colour scheme is at least same:

2011ChevroletCamaroPaceCarRear.jpg

ebay-pace-car.jpg

:classic:

Not quite, but the Indy part is right.

Based on orange and white and the hinting at Indian* are you making a Sahara Force India car?

Nope, sorry.

Nice looking orange/white Williams of Dany Wheldon

(unfortunately all car pictures are to big)

This safety persuasion was a result of Dan Weldon's fatal crash.

Tighter rear end? "Size 0"?

I don't quite get what you mean.

So. My computer won't allow me to upload photos, so I am doing this at school, so sorry if this seems rushed.

I wanted to make this F1 Car more like an Indycar, specifically from 2012+. So, I added the back wheel protectors, which look good. I don't have any more of the white panels, or red, so I used orange.

IMG_3493_zps2siji9ac.jpg

IMG_3490_zps6hrjrr4a.jpg

IMG_3491_zpsswl0kmzy.jpg

IMG_3494_zpslztl25jo.jpg

IMG_3495_zpskvftbyrc.jpg

IMG_3496_zpsjozrhosq.jpg

I hope that looks ok. Any help would be loved! :)

I think he means 'there's room for improvement' :D For example with more panels and flex axles you could replicate the rest of the current indycar's aerodynamics, especially the wide body. Right now it just looks like a huge air brake :P Save up for some more white and red panels and you could make it happen!

My computer is still not cooperating, so this must be done during computer class. Sorry if this seems rushed.

I added the wide part of the body, the front of the back wheeI. I hope it looks okay.

IMG_3506_zpsgq2lz0i5.jpg

IMG_3508_zpsuki9ohtf.jpg

IMG_3507_zpsokzyglbx.jpg

IMG_3505_zpsekxyrsg4.jpg

This also came in the mail: I had the same problem with the blue rods.

IMG_3519_zpsgtmgux0n.jpg

IMG_3522_zpsonxooij1.jpg

That's already better :thumbup: Sides could be even more bulkier and build as a "one piece". Also wing ang back could be joined as a "one piece". Something like this:

indycar-bryan-herta-autsosports-green1-car.jpg

But I like that you're trying to do changes and more changes, you are like me, do/try/error/change/rechange again and again and it's starting to make shape :thumbup: Maybe I mod my 42000 also to a Indy Car, who knows, your idea is great, keep it up and if you want, do even more modding with your 42000 and it's gonna be awesome :classic:

PS. 42039 is great set, I have two of them, A model already assembled and B model waiting its' turn :thumbup:

That's already better :thumbup: Sides could be even more bulkier and build as a "one piece". Also wing ang back could be joined as a "one piece". Something like this:

indycar-bryan-herta-autsosports-green1-car.jpg

But I like that you're trying to do changes and more changes, you are like me, do/try/error/change/rechange again and again and it's starting to make shape :thumbup: Maybe I mod my 42000 also to a Indy Car, who knows, your idea is great, keep it up and if you want, do even more modding with your 42000 and it's gonna be awesome :classic:

PS. 42039 is great set, I have two of them, A model already assembled and B model waiting its' turn :thumbup:

Thank you so very much. I know the sides could be wider, but I lack some pieces, and just simply need some inspiration for some connections. I want to order from bricklink again, but we can't be paying a fortune on the international shipping. It's just too expensive. Does the cost of shipping go down depending on the size of the package for int shipping? I will keep working on this until I just get sick of it. I want it to be near perfect. I will also post the finished 42039 for fun on this thread. I won't connect the back wheel protectors to the wings, because I am not that advanced yet, lack pieces, and wanted to keep this a 2012 Indy car. Do t get me wrong, I love the 13, 14, and 15 styles, but the 2012 would be the easiest to incorporate in the original set.

Thanks for the comment! :)

Hello again Perry15 :classic: I made a little try to create something "indycarish" with my 42000. You can be judge how it went, so here is some pics of it:

HyAqKXR.jpg

eeYPrrj.jpg

sShd53K.jpg

ED8UwRp.jpg

MRmjnFg.jpg

Main difficult was indeed to connect rear safety zone to the wing and maintain suspension working without tires touching wing or safety zone. It's really close now but working properly.

I might try to make it better, this is just version 1.0. Hope you like it!

I can't quote your comment for some reason. That looks great. I can't believe you were able to fish out ideas in a week compared to 3 weeks or so. I really like what you have done, it looks nice. I would only say to see if anything could be done with the nose, but that would be tricky. Thank you very much for building that!

So.. After I built my 42039, I love the outcome. Here it is!

IMG_3532_zpsoxgkipnf.jpg

IMG_3533_zpsrjdpmm55.jpg

IMG_3534_zpsldr3uigc.jpg

IMG_3535_zpsoxceml8p.jpg

IMG_3536_zps6li5fcde.jpg

I hope it looks okay.

No, thanks to you man! I've got the inspiration for the indycar mod from you and your build. Yes, nose is a big problem with my build because I still use nearly stock 42000 chassis and it has quite tall front suspension so it's quite tricky to make lower nose cone. And of course I have too just limited amount of parts... For that mod I have to take huge amount of 42025 Hovercraft parts. But I'm glad you like it :classic:

PS. Your 42039 looks great and I bet you liked building of it :wink: It just is wonderful Lego set!

No, thanks to you man! I've got the inspiration for the indycar mod from you and your build. Yes, nose is a big problem with my build because I still use nearly stock 42000 chassis and it has quite tall front suspension so it's quite tricky to make lower nose cone. And of course I have too just limited amount of parts... For that mod I have to take huge amount of 42025 Hovercraft parts. But I'm glad you like it :classic:

PS. Your 42039 looks great and I bet you liked building of it :wink: It just is wonderful Lego set!

Thank you very much. I do like the set a lot. I wish I had more white panels. Oh well.

I am leaving for Hawaii tomorrow for the entire spring break! :laugh: I will not be with my collection for a long time, but I will have a trumpet with me. I did some more on the 42000 Indy Car, and I like the result. Again, this is a continuous build, so I will update from time to time, and hope I get comments. But barely anyone seems interested.

Changed the color of the safety thing:

IMG_3561_zpswmfxzyu1.jpg

IMG_3558_zpsgijqhfga.jpg

This looked cool, but it's not on the actual car.

IMG_3559_zpsvgnl6d7w.jpg

IMG_3562_zps1vl2rwtg.jpg

IMG_3565_zpsdcqcsetc.jpg

IMG_3560_zpscghsaceu.jpg

IMG_3557_zpskbwh68jh.jpg

Once more, this is a WIP.

All comments are appreciated. :classic:

I really like your idea, only I think That the front spoiler should be larger, but this is my opinion,forse sure It looks great :3

EDIT: another upgrade could be To reduce The gap between The front wheels And The real body,making it shorter, the gap should be like The one of The Green /White virtual one

Edited by PKW