Sign in to follow this  
Cutcobra

Heroica RPG - Quest #128: A Study in Red Death

16441739449_c02115e6a0_o.jpg

The five heroes approached the house they were directed to. The plain looking building was, as the quest giver mentioned, right next to the Eubric Forest.

heroicaquest128-alchemistshouse.jpg

What will the party do next?

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 5

Power: 8 (5 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 13/13 (13)

Ether: 9/9 (9)

Gold: 146

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer] ,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 1 Ranger

Power: 4

Health: 6/6

Gold: 10

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 1

Health: 7

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 1

Power:4

Health:9/9

Max ether:5/5

Gold:10

Equipment:Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory:Potion,Remedy

QM Note: Welcome to (most you guys') first quest! Remember to bold everytime you make an action. You have 24 hours to confirm.

Edited by Cutcobra

Forget what Na'im had said earlier. He was no longer such a big fan of the city atmosphere. In the short walk to crescent hill he'd nearly been mugged three times, and each time he'd had to wave the magic light of the Lucerna Beautus in the theives faces to scare them off.

Not only that but it was cold and the hysterical rumours he'd heard about the terrifying foxband and the witch barbapapa, no longer seemed quite so distant now in the dark of the night. With that in mind he lifted his staff up, for a bit more brightness and inspected the old house. He decided it was probaly best to wait for the rest of the party, and drawng his cloak around him he huddled up trying to keep warm in the light of the streetlamp, and praying some other delinquent didn't try to rob him before the rest of the party arrived.

OOC: Thanks for accepting me on the quest Cutcobra! Considering how you play Heckz, it looks like this quest should be fun. Please also rememeber to note my inventory changes from my trip to the marketplace :classic:

Finally getting to the house. He spotted "Na'im Thamir" and then induced him self: You can call me just "Germ" if you want. And then agreed with him to wait for the others to show up.

As he waited for the other to show up he decided to try out the shovel he got. "I might as well try this out why have the time".

OoC: "Nalguz the Infinite" technically should not have any gold since I sold him some stuff at the "Hall". (The Whip & a Venom) My stuff looks good.

OoC: Updated stats from purchases at the marketplace.

Boris strolled through the city though he made a point to avoid some of the more heavily populated areas. Arriving at the stone house the cleric eyed two of the assembled party members, nodding in greeting to Germ. The vampire nodded to the other man standing waiting.

"I gather you're here about the Book-eater business?"

"I gather you're here about the Book-eater business?"

After greeting "Boris". Yep, just waiting for the others to show up.

Then decides to test out his Magnifying Glass, before he goes back to digging up the ground with the shovel.

Na'im flinches as the other two men appear out of the darkness.

"We'll met my friends" he says brightly in greeting "good night for it don't you think?" he asks, drawing his cloak tighter "My name is Na'im Suladec ne of the house Thamir, but please, just call me Na'im."

He eyes the house again and turns to Boris " you were nominated party leader I recall, what should our course of action be?" He asks, beggining to shiver from the cold

Mhinak greets the other heroes and begins to talk.

1cpWsov.png

"I'm not sure about this building, it seems rather... odd. Shall we go in or look around the place?"

QM Note: I'll move this forward as soon as Nalguz confirms.

As he waited for the other to show up he decided to try out the shovel he got. "I might as well try this out why have the time".

The Demon Germ clearly fails at trying to dig a hard, stone floor.

Then decides to test out his Magnifying Glass, before he goes back to digging up the ground with the shovel.

The demon rogue finds no hidden traps around the building.

Party:

15856534637_fe5336c6b9_t.jpg Boris Bruhalv (Waterbrick Down) *Party Leader*

38 year old male vampire Cleric *Immune to Stunned and Poisoned*

Level 5

Power: 8 (5 + 3)

Defense: 2 (2)

Health: 13/13 (13)

Ether: 9/9 (9)

Gold: 146

Equipment: Simple Mace (WP: 3, mace), Rusty Chainmail (SP: 2, Immune to Stunned and Poison)

Inventory: 2 Potions, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, 2 Tonics, 1 Sleep Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb (Deals 10 Fire damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Dirt Bomb (Deals 10 Ground damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Holy Bomb (Deals 10 Holy damage to all opponents when used), Military Grade Lightning Bomb (Deals 10 Lightning damage to all opponents when used), Defender's Ring (Accessory, Rolls of "Heal Less" become "Heal")

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

Name -The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male Rogue *Immune to Darkness*

Level - 5

Power - 10

Defense - 1

Health - 11/11

Ether - 0

Gold - 64

Equipped - Sanctified Rito Gypsy Dart (WP:5, doubled against Flying enemies; throwing weapon), Shadow Cloak (SP:1, immune to Darkness; backwear, suitable for anyone)

Inventory -

- Weapons - Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Darker Etheral Deck (WP:7; throwing weapon)[Holding for Lind Whisperer] ,

- Gear / Armor -

- Gems / Scrolls -

- Consumables - Potion (x2), Level-Up Mushroom [Loaned to Lind Whisperer], Remedy,

- Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass,

- Others - Gold Ring (worth 15 gold, or can be given to someone else to make them Enamored with the giver),

- Decmon Cards - Will-o'-Wisp (Fiery 1) ; Carrion Squirrel (Dark 1) ; Glow Worm (Luminous 1)

1cpWsov.png

Mhinak, 40 Year Old Dwarf

Level 1 Ranger

Health: 6/6

Equipment: Wooden Hand Cannon (WP:3)

Inventory: Potion, Smoke Bomb

ava-nalguz.jpg

Nalguz the Infinite, 63 year old male Arachanoid Rogue.

Level 1

Health: 7

Gold: 0

Equipment: Liquid Metal Dagger Façade (WP:3, Dagger)

Inventory: Potion, x2 Venom, Liquid Metal Enchanted Whip Façade (WP:1, 1/2 chance to cause enamoured).

dscn0652.jpg

Na'im Thamir (Enceladus)

2,314 year old Male Fenarian Cleric

Level 1

Health: 9/9

Max ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Equipment: Lucerna Beautus (WP: 3, Staff)

Inventory: Potion, Remedy, Smoke Bomb Bedroll

1cpWsov.png

"I don't know about you guys but I'm going in. It's a bit brisk out here so I'll take my chances inside."

Mhinak turns the knob on the door and enters the building.

"'Rap and the portal will be opened to you.' Matthias 7th section 7th stanza." The cleric quoted as the dwarf opened the door. "Or not... we all here then? Very well then."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"'Rap and the portal will be opened to you.' Matthias 7th section 7th stanza." The cleric quoted as the dwarf opened the door. "Or not... we all here then? Very well then."

Na'im gives a small laugh "Do you recit from scripture often Master Bruhalv? How very quaint." he indicates with his hand that Boris should go first "after you, my friend" and then follows the vampire into the old house

After he was done testing his stuff out, he follows the others into the building. Stating: "I would knock first." Then knocked on the open door. And said "Is any one here?"

"Old habit, stuff gets stuck in your brain after awhile and you are?" Boris follows the dwarf keep the door ajar for Na'im.

Na'im frowns certain he has said this before "Na'im Suladec ne Thamir at your service" he says in answer to Boris' question "And I'll take your word for it my friend- my own days as a cleric all seem so long ago now..."

1cpWsov.png

"I don't know about you guys but I'm going in. It's a bit brisk out here so I'll take my chances inside."

Without knocking first, Mhinak barges into the house while the rest of the party followed. Nalguz couldn't enter, though, for his body was too big for the door.

16795434126_61d1854412_o.jpg

They found the man who previously went inside the hall to post the directions of the house.

heroicaquest128-alchemist.jpg

"Tarok! Away with you, assassins!"

After noticing that the heroes didn't have anything red on them, the alchemist was relieved.

"Oh, so you are the Heroica bunch I hired. I should have hired people with more intelligence, who actually had manners to knock on doors before entering a man's house. I am called Ralli Bookeater. A mocking name given to me by my ex-tribe in Baltarok. It was their last joke. Anyways. I was just adding the finishing touches to my cure. Do you have any questions or do you want to prepare positions now?"

They then saw an orc with red clothes, lying on a pool of blood and coughing.

"That's my nephew. Rillo apparentley didn't finish a contract and I succesfully casted sloth on him. That slows the red death quite a bit. I came p with the idea to make a cure for it, and now here we are. Say hi, Rillo!"

heroicaquest128-nephew.jpg

"*cough *cough*"

The alchemist notices Nalguz outside.

"Sorry, I don't have a a special door for whatever you are. Probably a werespider. You can hear from there, can't you? Or do I need to give you something to grow some ears?"

"Oh, so you are the Heroica bunch I hired. I should have hired people with more intelligence, who actually had manners to knock on doors before entering a man's house. I am called Ralli Bookeater. A mocking name given to me by my ex-tribe in Baltarok. It was their last joke. Anyways. I was just adding the finishing touches to my cure. Do you have any questions or do you want to prepare positions now?"

Did not fell like point out he was trying to be polite with the door. He then stated: I am called The Demon Germ. The rude dwarf is Mhinak. (Sorry, dude.) The red eye guy is Na'il Thamir. The were-spider out-side is Nalguz the Infinite. And the pale "Leader" is Boris Bruhalv.

Then asked: Beside killing a bunch of "assassins" what else do you expect out of us? And then asked: "Is he going to be OK?" Pointing at the "Red Dressed Person".

Then looked the place over while waiting for the others to respond.

Then asked: Beside killing a bunch of "assassins" what else do you expect out of us?

"Hiring you primitive mercenaries is just a precaution in case any assassins find out about my little elixir and decides to steal it. Or maybe some being of low intelligence decides to try and take it from me to keep all the credit for himself. You are just here to keep an eye out on your surroundings and make sure no one robs me of my prized potion."

And then asked: "Is he going to be OK?" Pointing at the "Red Dressed Person".

"Sure. I have wasted quite a few tonics on slowing the red death. It is inevitable, though, so I better finish the cure before I run out of tonics. And before he dies, of course."

Then looked the place over while waiting for the others to respond.

Germ takes a quick look around the place. He finds out that there are two windows on the right wall and the left wall, making it four windows total. There is a little window just above the door. The wall opposite of the door has absolutely no items on it, except for the fact that there is a small hole on it. No human could possibly fit through it. He also realizes that all four sides of the house are really close to the Eubric Forest. He then notices all the valuable consumables lying around, just ready to be taken by a rogue like himself... Ralli gives him a deadly stare for that, though.

1cpWsov.png

"My apologies, Mr. Bookeater. You may give us your petty insults but at the end of the day, you're paying us. Exactly what do these assassins want with your elixir and why do they want you dead?"

1cpWsov.png

"My apologies, Mr. Bookeater. You may give us your petty insults but at the end of the day, you're paying us. Exactly what do these assassins want with your elixir and why do they want you dead?"

"I assume you don't know anything about the Red Assassins or the Red Death. Good thing I did some research on them, so I'll start filling you in:

The Red Assassins are the most professional killers in all of Uland. They are known for never failing to do a job, otherwise their immediate death awaits them. They swear a vow before joining. The vow of the Red Death. I did not find the exact words of the vow in any of my tomes but I did find out what they included. If any living being sees a Red Assassin fight and is not killed, the Red Assassin suffers the Red Death. If a Red Assassin doesn't complete a contract, they suffer the Red Death. If a Red Assassin tells anyone who hired them, you can guess what they suffer. The red death is mostly an internal bleeding. I have cures for such nonsense, but this Red Death just keeps reappearing and reappearing. Like some magic is involved in it.

So, you can see why the boss of the Red Assassins, if they even have a boss, wouldn't like the idea of a cure for the one thing that his or her reputation is made of. And you can see why I like the idea of this cure. Just imagine all the sad beings with all that gold, regretting their choice for a job.

heroicaquest128-nephew.jpg

"*coughs even more blood*"

"... And my nephew, of course. How tragic it would be for him to die such a painful death."

1cpWsov.png

"So, the Red Death seems more like a consequence for breaking a vow so why would their leader need a cure if it's part of becoming a Red Assassin? And if seems like it's appearing because of magic, do you have any idea who or what may be causing the Red Death to appear more often than usual?"

Ralli sighs.

"Do you want me to explain the whole thing again? The leader would want the cure so that no red assassin buys it. Otherwise the organisation will just be a cheap copy of the Blue Assassins, even though those are actually cheap. I bet he might even have send people to kill me already. And the Red Death is magic. You think that it's normal for someone to break a vow or an oath and suddenly start bleeding from everywhere possible?"

1cpWsov.png

"I'm not very knowledgeable in the study of magic since, where I come from, it's not very popular. Nonetheless, these assassins shouldn't be much of a problem. Give us the que and we'll take positions in case these babies decide to show up."

"Nice place" Na'im mutters under his breath as the party stepped inside. Besides the house's unusual decorations it was as cold as a crypt

Upon hearing the Orcs explanation Na'im relaxes slightly- this job didn't seem so bad. "It all seems perfectly clear master bookeater. But I have some questions that must be asked. You haven't told anyone about your efforts here have you? And your nephew here-who else knows he is here tonight apart from us? Oh and do you plan to conduct your experiments from this house?"

"Sure. I have wasted quite a few tonics on slowing the red death. It is inevitable, though, so I better finish the cure before I run out of tonics. And before he dies, of course."

"... And my nephew, of course. How tragic it would be for him to die such a painful death."

Mutter We could always kill him, but I do not think you want that. :grin:

Oh and do you plan to conduct your experiments from this house?"

You are just here to keep an eye out on your surroundings and make sure no one robs me of my prized potion."

It sounds like we are going to get cold (out-side).

Well as least the "Red Death" is not contagious. Then turning to Boris: We might want to set up some traps around the place, if we are going to be stuck here.

OoC: Waterbrick Down & Cutcobra I sent you two a PM. I figure it would be better to do it there than clutter up the thread.