I tried a new rockwork technique (for me anyways), that uses technic bricks and pins to tilt each column of rock. And I did a hinging wall again, for the first time in a while, on the tower.

It had been another uneventful morning for the two guards stationed at the Noror Watchtower, besides an unusually cold wind, everything seemed normal. The guards were on edge however, for there were many rumours of strange happenings in the north of Mitgardia. It was Kapp, the archer, who first noticed a group of figures approaching the tower.

"Look there," Kapp said, "can you see if they're friends or foes?"

"They seem to blend into the snow, but they could be clansmen on their way to the village," Svigi replied.

As the group advanced toward the tower, it quickly became apparent that they were not clansmen. The odd figures were clad in white, and there seemed something unnerving about them.

Kapp and Svigi readied their weapons, and eyed the oncoming band with apprehension. When they were within earshot, Svigi called out: "Halt in the name of Mitgardia! What is your business in these lands?"

They offered no reply but kept on towards the tower, Kapp fired a warning arrow in front of the group, but they paid no attention to it, and continued their relentless march towards the tower.

By now the two guards were quite sure the menacing squad meant only harm, so Kapp and Svigi prepared to hold the tower. But instead of storming the tower door, one of the party lowered his strange looking axe toward the tower and began making odd noises.

The Mitgardians looked on in disbelief as what seemed to be a stream of ice began

flowing toward the tower and then surrounding the walls.

Kapp realized in a moment that the spectre meant to trap them inside the tower, and quickly headed for the door, calling to Svigi to do the same. They burst outside, knowing only too well that they had no chance of overpowering these new enemies, but determined to give their all defending Mitgardia.

overview.JPG

front.JPG

low.JPG

fight3.JPG

in.JPG

More pictures: link

C&C welcome :classic:

Really like your snowscape here SK, the irregular border sections especially! Good work on the tower too and the tree looks great! :thumbup:

I don't really see any difference at that rockwork. But I think your stonework at the tower is different from usual and it is awesome. This whole series about the misty ice warriors is creepy and fascinating.

The snowscape looks amazing. Furthermore I love the interior and all the details.

Great work :classic:

Great work here and the new techniques are invisible. I'm wondering if you could show off some of the stuff you're talking about, since it's invisible in the build? Like some tutorial WIP pics or something?

Love the overflow from the stone walls to the woodwork, excellent build

Thanks!

Really like your snowscape here SK, the irregular border sections especially! Good work on the tower too and the tree looks great! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai :classic:

I don't really see any difference at that rockwork. But I think your stonework at the tower is different from usual and it is awesome. This whole series about the misty ice warriors is creepy and fascinating.

Thanks Disco :classic: The difference here is pretty hard to see, you can see it a little in this picture if you look closely:

fight.JPG

I have another build coming soon, that uses the same technique with much more noticeable results.

The snowscape looks amazing. Furthermore I love the interior and all the details.

Great work :classic:

Thanks!

Your snow work is really good.

Thank you, I really enjoy doing snowy builds :classic:

I really like that stonework and snow! Great job!

Thanks Graham :classic:

Great work here and the new techniques are invisible. I'm wondering if you could show off some of the stuff you're talking about, since it's invisible in the build? Like some tutorial WIP pics or something?

Thanks, and here's some WIP pics:

wip.JPG

wip3.JPG

As you can see, the rock sections are at slight angles, I can notice it a bit in the finished build, but of course, I know it's there :laugh:

The build in the background uses the technique more obviously.

Great build, SK! I love the wall texturing and roof, as well as the ice :wub:

Edited by LittleJohn

I love it! The tower or the snow would be excellent by themselves, but you've nailed both. And thanks for the sneak peek at your technique with the rocks!

Man Kaliphlin is cold right now... oh wait... we are back in Mitgardia!

Haha, all kidding aside.

Great job here. I instantly saw those funky rocks and said, wow, that is different. Maybe doing it on a larger scale may make them more noticeable though? I always like the interiors you put in your builds, it really makes each top notch. Great job, again!

Excellent build, very polished. Thank you for the WIP tutorial!

Excellent tower SK, the roof, wood-work and stone are all great, not to mention the interior! :thumbup:

As others have said, fantastic job on the snow-scape and rocks as well, I'll have to try out that technique sometime :wink:

Very amazing tower!!!! Such an awesome job you did with the rockwork!!!

Nice tower and landscaping!

And thanks for reminding us in the middle of the conflict in the South that the far north has it's own pressing dangers.

Very nice! The stone-work is superb along with the snow-scaping! The rockwork looks good, though the one angled stuff seems somewhat sloppily cover IMO. Great job!

Wonderful work on the snowy landscaping, your best example yet. I really like the texture and how it realistically looks as if the craggy rock formations continue underneath all that snow. The tower is very well done, as is the story. I hope there is still a chance of victory or at least escape for our two Mitgard heroes!

Another great instalment, although I am starting to worry - will those frozen beyonders ever stop?! :cry_sad:

Awesome MOC SK! The trans-light blue/trans-clear combination looks great, as does the tower. :sweet:

Sweet build, SK!

The rocks are interesting with the slopes at different angles! The stonework on the tower is excellent, as is the hoardings on top! The story is interesting and well-shown in the build, with the ice beginning to encircle the tower. I am looking forward to further development in your story!