Is there any word on the alternate model construction guide?

I E-mailed Lego about this last week and they could not give me a date when the instructions will be released they just said soon so watch this space! :-(

I E-mailed Lego about this last week and they could not give me a date when the instructions will be released they just said soon so watch this space! :-(

:-/ :-/ :-( sad news. Perhaps for christmas *sad*

X-D Just checked the Lego web site and the alternative instruction are now available. *y*

The only down side is the 19MB file size 8-

X-D Just checked the Lego web site and the alternative instruction are now available. *y*

The only down side is the 19MB file size 8-

Thanks, I'll be getting that! 19MB is nothing; I downloaded the USC Falcon a few days ago and that was about 120MB! :-D

8-

I started building my Buldozer this evening and have just completed the first of three books. So far I am absolutely loving building this model, it seems so compact but pouring out details, it's ace. This is my first modern day flagship model and it's been a delight to build. I know it's two years old now, but it's great to see studded beams and regular Lego in the box, not that I am atall against studless construction. The build started off with small amounts of pieces per step but it has moved up a gear or two now and they have you doing much more per step. Compared to my Test Car rebuild recently it's not as complex, but there is still a fair amount to it.

Can't wait to carry on tomorrow :)

Edited by tomacwhite

Nearly at the 3rd and final instruction book now, and I've noticed a couple of things which I thought I would ask about:

- The cables from the XL motors are very tight in the model, is this right? I have routed them as required but they feel tight

- The cables route around the drivers seat and are easily visible, is that correct?

- Cables, again: A couple of them seem to be touch an axle within the model, although I think it will be for the front or rear implements. Will this cause problems?

Just wondering if anyones Bulldozer was similar?

Thanks!

- The cables from the XL motors are very tight in the model, is this right? I have routed them as required but they feel tight

- The cables route around the drivers seat and are easily visible, is that correct?

- Cables, again: A couple of them seem to be touch an axle within the model, although I think it will be for the front or rear implements. Will this cause problems?

The XL cables don't seem that tight on mine. Make sure you position the motors so that the cables are facing inward. The cables are kind of visible around the seat, but can be tucked into the sides to some extent. They may touch an axle somewhere, but shouldn't interfere with it.

The cabling was actually something I really liked about building this model. I think the last time we had something with intricate electric wiring was in the 90s, with sets like 8480 and 8479.

The XL cables don't seem that tight on mine. Make sure you position the motors so that the cables are facing inward. The cables are kind of visible around the seat, but can be tucked into the sides to some extent. They may touch an axle somewhere, but shouldn't interfere with it.

The cabling was actually something I really liked about building this model. I think the last time we had something with intricate electric wiring was in the 90s, with sets like 8480 and 8479.

OK thanks. I have looked on SETechnic at their photos and its looks similar. One cable is definetly tighter than the other one (the one on the right of this image)

8275-14.JPG

I'll check later but I am 99.9% positive my cables face inward..

Also, the edges of the scoop feel a little flimsy and are easy to knock off. They are only held on by a bunch of the blue pins:

4274.png

Are other peoples scoop edges feel not entirely solid? I only ask because normally Lego stuff is much more solid.

Also, the edges of the scoop feel a little flimsy and are easy to knock off. They are only held on by a bunch of the blue pins:

4274.png

Are other peoples scoop edges feel not entirely solid? I only ask because normally Lego stuff is much more solid.

I totally agree with that. I guess you should compare the 8275 with a SUV: most SUVs are only driven in the city - and never offroad. I guess our bulldozer is to be driven on the floor - and not on a construction site. The edges on our scoop are flimsy too. Any ideas for a solidity-MOC?

I'll have a think, although I reckon it would ruin the "smooth" lines of the scoop if you added too much to the edges of the scoop.

I have just this minute finished building the Bulldozer and I am incredibly impressed with it.

Not only does it look fantastic (incredibly accurate, beefy and chunky - very satisfying), but the motorisation part of it is incredible! My two cats were very curious about it and it scared them when it started spinning around and driving along hee hee! I have laminent throughout so its not got 100% traction, but it seems very powerful and its decently fast two.

Building this model was a joy, and I am so happy that its got plenty of both traditional Technic bricks AND full Lego pieces too. I know its two years old now and brandnew models don't have as much studded stuff, but it's great to see it back in modern-ish Technic. Although I never got stuck building this, I would still call it a nice challenge, especially compared to the Cherry Picker etc; it's just ace having all these functions and a super complex chassis structure. I'd imagine the 2009 Crane Truck is a true dream to build up (as this, really, doesn't have THAT many functions).

I am so happy right now, it's been a great building experience and it's a beautiful model for display. Oh, and to play with it is awesome!

I hope Lego bring out more motorised stuff next year :)

One final question; I have the controls setup so that Forward and Forward makes the Bulldozer move forward, standard stuff. However when I switch channels, Back (or down) on the controls makes the scoop and fork go up. Switching the direction on the remote fixes this, but changing that every time is a pain. Have people messed around with the position of the cables from the motor so the controls make a little more sense?

Oh also, my cables are set up correctly for the XL motors, and they aren't as tight as I thought they were - all good.

So top marks from me for 8275, it's just a superb model and the fact its fully motorised is just perfection :)

You people talking about your finished bulldozers are really making me jealous....

I bought this set two days ago (for 75 euros, which can be considered a bargain) and I am not able to start building until the 5th of september :sceptic: But at least I managed to get it cheap after two years of luring on ebay and local Dutch sites. :sweet:

Yeah, the main blade is a little flimsy. More than the blue pins, it's due to the weak plate grip during the 2007-08 timeframe when this set was produced.

I know what you mean about the reversed controls, but there is no simple way to change that. One problem with the PF system is that the connectors only attach in one direction, and you can't reverse the polarity by just turning the connector around like you could with the 9V system.

This is indeed an excellent set, and is very playable. I added some lights to mine as well, which are easy to put in. I like the mix of studded and studless parts too, but the studded parts are used only for external, decorative sections here. The internals that actually contain the mechanisms are still entirely studless. I would like to have it the other way around.

You people talking about your finished bulldozers are really making me jealous....

I bought this set two days ago (for 75 euros, which can be considered a bargain) and I am not able to start building until the 5th of september :sceptic: But at least I managed to get it cheap after two years of luring on ebay and local Dutch sites. :sweet:

75 Euros thats cheap. What was the site you got it from? PM me if you like

Yeah I'd like to know, I might buy another one :D

Yeah I'd like to know, I might buy another one :D

Well, it is a Dutch side called Marktplaats: Basically an online flea market where it is sometimes possible to get things cheap. But I scanned the site for two years before the offer came, so the best of luck to you all (most sellers do not ship abroad so that is another complication) :grin:

By the way: we must have made a mistake during the construction of our bulldozer. When pressing both levers forward on the remote it turns. We have to pull on lever back and the other forward to drive it straight forward. Guess I need to make some serious re-construction sooner or later. But I bet the error lies in the part that my wife build :tongue:

By the way: we must have made a mistake during the construction of our bulldozer. When pressing both levers forward on the remote it turns. We have to pull on lever back and the other forward to drive it straight forward. Guess I need to make some serious re-construction sooner or later. But I bet the error lies in the part that my wife build :tongue:

That just sounds like the polarity direction on the controller. There's a little switch by each channel on the controller that lets you reverse them. Reverse one of them and you should be in good shape.

Yeah just adjust the small switches on the remote control; one "up" and one "down". Now when you push both levels forward, the Bulldozer will drive forward.

If you're unsure still, open the lid of the box, as the polarity direction requirements for each function are pictured.

It must be in controller.

It is impossible that you did something wrong in the chassis of the dozer!

Thank you guys!

Switching the polarity on the remote did the job!

So I guess I should stop punishing my wife for her construction error now... :blush:

So I guess I should stop punishing my wife for her construction error now... :blush:

If you have a wife who likes Lego, you should do nothing but lavish her with the praise she so richly deserves.

If you have a wife who likes Lego, you should do nothing but lavish her with the praise she so richly deserves.

You bet I do!!!!