A collector who stopt the hobby.

i bought

8421/8285/8275/8436/8436/8436/8416/2times pneumatic backhoe.

Al together for 360€.

I've been wanting such dozer for a while now ... got it yesterday, and spent the whole evening assembling it. Waow, what a beauty such machine is...

Agreed!

I have merged your topic with the Review topic.

Guys, i'm wondering why do you rate the 8275 so overwhelming? I also own two of them but just for parts - well, no question, it looks great but at the end of the day the build is very simple and boring and the functions are boring too... well, a dozer is a boring machine concerning functions ;-)

There is no valid comparison with the 8043 excavator which is a way way better and more interesting set...

IMHO the dozer is a legend because it introduced PF and remote controlling via PF... but if one ignores that fact then there simply remains a quite simple designed and boring set... at least for an AFOL - kids would probably judge differently ;-)

But it is a good parts and PF assortment...no question... :grin:

But probably we have to say: different people different tastes...

I 100% agree with you, Kumbll, as I stated earlier. It's big and looks good, but that's about it. It's not mechanically complex, nor uses any interesting build solutions. It's all rather straightforward. It's nice to have, but definitely not worth paying a huge premium for.

I think 8275 is in the same category with 8285, they don't have such great functions but they look great. I looked over bricklink to see how much will it cost me to build it and it's veeeeery expensive. I was thinking of building it without the PF, just for display.

I looked over bricklink to see how much will it cost me to build it and it's veeeeery expensive.

Seriously? It was rather cheap for me. But then again, I already owned 2 x 8043, 8265 and 8253, so I guess that saved me a lot of parts to buy. Or are the cylinder brackets pushing up the price?

Edited by jantjeuh

The brackets are pushing the price ... and so is the availability. Also, it's one of the rare sets with transition studded to studless.

As for those who think it is boring ... probably, but so are real dozers. For me it is just an iconic set, and it sits well in between 8480 and 8880 ... before the preponderence of yello construction machinery we've got hit with over the past few years.

Kumbbl and jantjeuh,

In my opinion, the 8275 Bulldozer is a high rated set. Think back to 2006. We were all wishing for new motors, and remote control functions. In 2007, we get both with 8275! I bought 2 sets. One to build, one for parts. Sure, it's a simple set, but to me it still has the best playability. Perfect speed forward/reverse, blade moves decent.

To compare it to sets like 8043 is irrelevant. That's like comparing the first cell phone to an iphone. Both have their place in history.

I guess that's fair, when it was released it was indeed quite special. Retrospectively it isn't all that.

Just finished building my Bulldozer and i must admit i have mixed feelings about it. I agree, it is a very nice looking model, the build is kind of easy and pleasant but i miss a gearbox. I did not realize that it is so fast, compared to 8043 it is a beast in terms of RC functions. All in all, it is a good model, but i think it is a bit expensive (paid 160 euro for it) for what it brings.

PS - i found 5 broken axels in this set, this was dissapointing to say at least :(

I warned you ;-)

It's big and looks good, but that's about it. It's not mechanically complex, nor uses any interesting build solutions. It's all rather straightforward. It's nice to have, but definitely not worth paying a huge premium for.

All in all, it is a good model, but i think it is a bit expensive (paid 160 euro for it) for what it brings.

If you get it in good condition for about 150 Euro - you should treat it as a good deal. It is a playable set with some rare elements (XL motors, pneumatic brackets)

Bricklink, lowest prices of used parts:

2 XL motors - 2x 10 Euro

2 M motors - 2x 7.50 Euro

1 remote - ~8 Euro

2 IR - 2x ~20 Euro

4 Pneumatic brackets - 4x 10 Euro

=

~123 Euro

Everything you pay above calculated price is the actual price of the rest 1373 parts.

Give some love to the old 8275 :)

Yeah, you are right, if i look at it that way, i got it at a decent price. I forgot to mention that i just LOVE the studded blade, i do not think you can make a better blade with the new studless beams.

The 8275 is getting the love it deserves, it sits nicely next to 8043 in my display shelf and it looks awesome !

Kumbbl and jantjeuh,

In my opinion, the 8275 Bulldozer is a high rated set. Think back to 2006. We were all wishing for new motors, and remote control functions. In 2007, we get both with 8275! I bought 2 sets. One to build, one for parts. Sure, it's a simple set, but to me it still has the best playability. Perfect speed forward/reverse, blade moves decent.

To compare it to sets like 8043 is irrelevant. That's like comparing the first cell phone to an iphone. Both have their place in history.

I agree with every words you said. It has its own place in LEGO Technic history, it brought new level of enjoyment to children and adults as well, it is a brutal Technic construction machine which needs to be handled carefully. And don't forget the small red sticker on the original box, it is like "Toy Fair Winner of Innovation category 2007". This is quite something in my opinion.

After building this a couple of years or so ago I was offered £225 for it and, regrettably, I let it go. Oh how I regretted that decision.

Today though I'm pleased to say I've made right that wrong thanks to an extremely nice bloke I met via Bricklink. I've swapped a 8053 (which I had 3 of) and an 8295 (which I was never a big fan of) for a pristine 8275 albeit without a box but that doesn't worry me too much.

The sun's shining, I'm 'playing' with Lego with my 3 Grandchildren and I've got an 8275. Today's a very, very good day.

Edited by grum64

You made a good deal, i must say ! And i like the fact that you introduce your Grandchildren into Lego !

You made a good deal, i must say ! And i like the fact that you introduce your Grandchildren into Lego !

Yes, I too think it was a very good deal.

As for me introducing my Grandchildren to Lego, you could say it was the other way around.

I'd had Lego as a kid but that's where it stayed as, like many of us, life got in the way. It was my Grandson who reintroduced me to Lego at a particularly difficult time in my life and I've not looked back. I'm now up to 53 Technic sets of which around a third I've built.

I'm a very slow builder!

Edited by grum64