-DJ-

Which year's BIONICLE sets do you like better?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which year's BIONICLE sets do you like better?

• 2004's sets
    • 2005's sets
    • I like both
    • I don't like BIONICLE
    • I like neither
    • Other

So, after this new forum was made, I'd like to know who enjoys 2004's or 2005's sets and which do ther think is the best year for BIONICLE sets.

I like 2004's sets slightly more because of Toa Lhikan and the Toa Metru which were great sets. The big sets of 2005 look cool though, along with the system sets.

To be honest DJ, the first year of Bionicle was fresh yet classical, but that was not really a choice in the polls. I opted for the '05 sets. True that the Metrus were superior to the Hordika and Lhikan was nice but every other set of the '05's are superior to their '04 counter parts w/ even more large sets (in my humble opinion) :$

bfs

05, by a hair. I prefer the Toa Metru over Hordika (even though the Nuva could kick both their butts), and for some reason I fell in love with the Vahki, yet haven't with the Visorak. I think the sole reason I prefer 05 is for Roodaka, Sidorak, and Keetongu. I don't have them yet, but they look by far to be the best Bionicle sets since the beginning.

Not having my hands on any of the possibly good 2005 sets, it's hard to say fairly, but I don't think any of the 2005 sets are as good as Kikanalo - how many different ways can you build a humanoid? Really, the best humanoid figure was probably Makuta, allthough I agree the big 3 from from 2005 are ok looking.

The Metrus are the best Toas - 2004.

In 2005 Lego put the big bionicle sets into System, which is disappointing. I have all the system I want. I don't need more of that stuff.

I hope that one day we get stuff again like the Rahi sets from 2001, and the Exo toa or Boxor. And notice that Kekanalo is a rahi too. Much more variety is possible with non-human animals.

The only reason I don't like Bionicle is because of the hundreds of CONFUSING NAMES!

The only reason I don't like Bionicle is because of the hundreds of CONFUSING NAMES!

..........and the numerous re-re-re-re-releases of the same old 6 heroes with the same colours, just different names and more new <insert that tiresome argument> pieces.

..........and the numerous re-re-re-re-releases of the same old 6 heroes with the same colours, just different names and more new <insert that tiresome argument> pieces.

Exactly!

Come on, grow up guys. I know you have a right to express your opinion, but could you please be less like girls at junior school sneering at one of their ex-friends (as they have). You could even make a BIONICLE venting thread, where noone who doesn't like bionicle goes to vent. But please, don't make pointless posts saying that I hate the toa because blah...

We all know many of you don't like BIONICLE except for the complaining about it, so please do it somewhere else where the rest of us don't have to hear the winging. Hey, without BIONICLE, lego would have gone under.

Did you guys even read Thrawn's post? If you wanna bash it, make another thread. The point of the Bionicle section wasn't to let potentially-good discussions become cluttered by hateful posts.

Did you guys even read Thrawn's post? If you wanna bash it, make another thread. The point of the Bionicle section wasn't to let potentially-good discussions become cluttered by hateful posts.

Sorry, I don't read trash.

BURN!!! Just had to say that. Nobody has bashed Bionicle lately. Oh, wow, he said he doesn't like Bionicle...big deal.....if I said I didn't like Star Wars, would that be bashing Star Wars?

To be honest DJ, the first year of Bionicle was fresh yet classical, but that was not really a choice in the polls. I opted for the '05 sets. True that the Metrus were superior to the Hordika and Lhikan was nice but every other set of the '05's are superior to their '04 counter parts w/ even more large sets (in my humble opinion) :$

bfs

Great poll DJ!

Anyways, I prefer to 2005 year of Bionicle. It's got more original designs and the colours really break away from the conformity of the 2004 sets. To be honest, the Toa Metru didn't really bring anything special in my opinion. Sure, they brought about new mask designs that were absolutely fantastic, but the designs looked horrid. Why in the world would they choose such colour combinations? Quite frankly, the Toa of 2001 looked awesome because they had difference in colours. Metrus looked like steel gliders.

2005 actually looks promising. I am not excited at all about the introduction of all the new Toa, but am really happy about all of the larger sets. It finally looks like they're taking a step in the right direction, though those minisets should really recycle themselves to create better Star Wars sets. No offence to Star Wars, I love them all, but we need a duel set between Palpatine and Mace.

Exactly!

youve read my mind..

Even though the sets are childish (no bashing here), I have to admit, the storyline is interesting...well it was. It don't keep track of it anymore. I also have both movies and I think they are both done wonderfully.

Even though the sets are childish (no bashing here), I have to admit, the storyline is interesting...well it was. It don't keep track of it anymore. I also have both movies and I think they are both done wonderfully.

I thought the movies were pretty childish. I liked the first wave storyline, then it kind of declined.

I thought the movies were pretty childish. I liked the first wave storyline, then it kind of declined.

Well...they were intended for kids but it's a type of movie that the whole family could enjoy...maybe not my type...usually my family like to crowd around and watch an action flick...yes including my mom.

My brother watched the first movie, and he was maybe 16 and a half or so -- he found it enjoyable. Same with the second (17 and a half). As for me, I think they're pretty darn good. A little dumbed-down at times, but quite entertaining.

My brother watched the first movie, and he was maybe 16 and a half or so -- he found it enjoyable. Same with the second (17 and a half). As for me, I think they're pretty darn good. A little dumbed-down at times, but quite entertaining.

The animation is good, but the voices are cringe-worthy, in my opinion.

My brother watched the first movie, and he was maybe 16 and a half or so -- he found it enjoyable.  Same with the second (17 and a half).  As for me, I think they're pretty darn good.  A little dumbed-down at times, but quite entertaining.

Well, that's my main complaint. The voice acting is bad, but you have to give them credit. One guy voices 3 Toa. Ya gotta give him mad props for that trick.

My brother watched the first movie, and he was maybe 16 and a half or so -- he found it enjoyable.  Same with the second (17 and a half).  As for me, I think they're pretty darn good.  A little dumbed-down at times, but quite entertaining.

I think some of the voices were pretty good. Toa Nokama, Turaga Dume, Nidhiki, Makuta (even though I couldn't stand his over-dramatic spacing of words in the second movie), Kopaka, Turaga Vakama... I liked all of those. Then, of course, there were the "oh God, someone gouge out my eardrums" ones.

mainly cause the 2005 sets arent as playable as the 2004 sets. *twisted*

On 4/8/2005 at 8:20 AM, KMOI said:

Great poll DJ!

Anyways, I prefer to 2005 year of Bionicle. It's got more original designs and the colours really break away from the conformity of the 2004 sets. To be honest, the Toa Metru didn't really bring anything special in my opinion. Sure, they brought about new mask designs that were absolutely fantastic, but the designs looked horrid. Why in the world would they choose such colour combinations? Quite frankly, the Toa of 2001 looked awesome because they had difference in colours. Metrus looked like steel gliders.

2005 actually looks promising. I am not excited at all about the introduction of all the new Toa, but am really happy about all of the larger sets. It finally looks like they're taking a step in the right direction, though those minisets should really recycle themselves to create better Star Wars sets. No offence to Star Wars, I love them all, but we need a duel set between Palpatine and Mace.

Actually there is  the number is 9526

1 hour ago, SuperMegaMech said:

Actually there is  the number is 9526

Please, don't post in threads from the decade before last. These are so old now that they are mostly irrelevant.