Disco86

[G:A14, DK vs HC] Escape to Everlast

This is my first guerilla build, attacking the fortification of Everlast at A14 with an infiltrating spy of the Desert King.

The rumors about an upcoming war were growing everywhere in the mountains of Rakath. And the people heard about the cruel troops of that so called "Desert King". Most of the civilians tried to reach the last refuge of civilization in the northern mountains, the last place that was still controlled by the High Council: Everlast

16144070084_dc0b7f0265_c.jpg

The guards have been doubled in the last weeks, and everyone in Everlast was preparing against an upcoming attack by a huge army.

16763780712_56b6abc41f_c.jpg

But sometimes the threat is sneaking into your house, and you won't recognize it, if you are just preparing against the obvious...

16144909503_3559bb3a74_c.jpg

Greets Disco

Edited by Disco86

A beautiful and brilliantly photographed build! The last photo is fantastic, portrays a ton of emotion. The color scheme works great here too, especially the tan and white in that outpost.

It's great to see another "behind the scenes" build. Battles, armies and assassinations always get a lot of coverage, but it's not often enough that we get to see signs of the war's effect on the common people.

A giant " :thumbup: " to you Disco!

This has to be one of my favorite builds from you. So much detail and emotion packed into what is a rather small scene. Well done, man! :classic:

Nice one! One question, what is the torso of the dude with the orc hair? don't recognize it.

A nice guerrilla from you, Disco, the combo of tan and white is really nice! :thumbup: Everlast had better beware!

Very nice towers, and the fig combos and photography is lovely! :thumbup:

Now let's hope that DM can counter this in a suitable manner!

Great build! The gatehouse/towers really feel substantial despite the small size of the build, and the rock work and path for the mountain pass is great. On top of that, great figure posing and story. Well done all around!

Fantastic build Disco, the tan, gold, and white on the towers goes very well with the path and rock-work :thumbup: Excellent choice of minifig faces as well, and great posing :classic:

Lovely work Paul. The tan and white building is masterful. Love the minifig posing, gives a good sense of fleeing some carnage. :thumbup:

In the second picture the minifig on the left has a kind of "Mohawk" haircut, what set is that from?

@Basiliscus, I think it is from the Indian in one of the CMF series :)

@Disco:

Game on!!! I already designed the counter MoC, now I still have to build it hahaha :p It will be hard to do better than this as this is really a strong entry!!

(btw: approved!)

@Basiliscus, I think it is from the Indian in one of the CMF series :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but if you're thinking of the Series 10 Mohawk then I'm not sure that is correct. I think it doesn't look as tall?

Thanks for the suggestion, but if you're thinking of the Series 10 Mohawk then I'm not sure that is correct. I think it doesn't look as tall?

Oh my bad :p my last suggestion would be Hobbit/LoTR sets (coming as hairpiece on Orcs)

The tan and white look amazing here, the gold accents are a nice touch as well. Excellent winding path, definitely approved :thumbup:

The part of the road with the minifigs is very pleasing to the eye mate... I really like all those different minifigs. Great one.

Great gatehouse, and brilliant depiction of the refugees - It looks just the right combination between desperation and hope. :thumbup:

Edited by Bregir

Great architecture and story. And I like how Paul von Brickenstein stand out from the crowd. Good pics.

First of all for not answering you questions since over a week, I have been busy lately. But thanks a lot for all your comments. Now its the time to hope my guerilla build is going to strike :wink:

Nice one! One question, what is the torso of the dude with the orc hair? don't recognize it.

That torso is from the Prince of Persia sets (highly recommended), the minfig was called Sheik Amar

pop009.jpg?5

In the second picture the minifig on the left has a kind of Mohawk haircut, what set is that from?

As already mentioned, this haircut is from the latest hobbit wave. One of the orcs has it:

lor101.jpg?1