Turaga of Force

Where do Rare/HTF Parts come from?

Ahh, here's a hug mate :classic:

<hrmmpfff!>

Dem glowy chain :wub: Why doesn't LEGO make transparent neon-yellow chain in standard set?? Only trans-orange was released and it is this year, almost 20 years after LEGO first released the chain.

TLG, despite their heritage, hates the past. There, I said it

Your "2451" is a very interesting part, it seems the most 'lego ready' of everything you've posted and I can really picture it being used in a lot of small sets (as opposed to some of the more sophisticated missing roof slopes for collectors). It seems like it could have been printed and work well in little scooter style sets like 6100 and 6115...

Thanks for sharing and God Bless!

Nathan

I have many more of those 'ready made' parts, most of them being a logical conclusion of allready made parts

Why we're they not put into production? Many reasons, I'd say (<-- actually I can babble on for yonkers, if anybody want's to listen?)

I've been lucky enough to have some chats with former LEGO designers from way back then ... but re-telling their stories would not make a whole lotta sense now as TLG is a _totally_ different company

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

I'd opt for that too.

On a rainy november evening, Uncle 1974 and his nephews are sitting around the fireplace, drinking a hot chocolate, and the story begins...

Yes please! Babble on for yonkers! (whatever that means :wink:)

I would love to read those stories.

It's cold and wet outside, I'll start working on that hot chocolate...

I'd opt for that too.

On a rainy november evening, Uncle 1974 and his nephews fellow LEGO nerds are sitting around the fireplace, drinking a hot chocolate beers, and the story begins...

No, can't do that, sorry, promised to keep it out of public (for the time being .. a blog/site/book might come in the future, who knows?)

But if you where at my place, you might hear tales of hidden cameras at conventions, the near loss of the Starwars license, prototypes made from sugar, the magnificient never released ISS sets and .. soakguns ..

Now back to some more funny parts!

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

Sorry to hear that, but I respect your promise to keep it out of the public :)

We'll just continue to be amazed by your funny parts, and be grateful that we get an opportunity to see those!

Hi guys!

It's been a while and I'm really sorry that I've messed up the pics/links, but they should be good AND permanent now :classic:

Anyway, they're all here : blacktronite.com

Now, let's see if I cannot find some more funny parts we can talk about ...

Dem glowy chain :wub: Why doesn't LEGO make transparent neon-yellow chain in standard set?? Only trans-orange was released and it is this year, almost 20 years after LEGO first released the chain.

That chain is now an official part :

70736-1.jpg?201505261128

Cheers,

Ole

Edited by 1974

Nice to see you back, good that you finally have put all that online :)

Anyway, they're all here : blacktronite.com (and soon in the BL catalogue :wink: )

pretty interesting

I can well understand the special colors that cost nothing for Lego to test, but all those unknown parts? That's crazy - many seem very useful, what's wrong with those parts?

Does that mean you plan on selling some of your treasures??

Nope, and if I did I wouldn't do it without telling you, would I? :wink:

Besides, I given it all to my son and pretty much of of it is in use (yes, shockingly enough the odd parts are not in glass cages guarded with lasers. And sharks. And sharks WITH lasers!) :laugh:

Nice to see you back, good that you finally have put all that online :)

I'm trying to take some better pics though :classic:

pretty interesting

I can well understand the special colors that cost nothing for Lego to test, but all those unknown parts? That's crazy - many seem very useful, what's wrong with those parts?

Nothing wrong with them, but TLG just never found use for them. I do wonder if something like the double version of this :

3660.gif

Pretty sure that would have found it's way into hundreds of sets if it was a regular part. Very usefull I think