42039 - 24 Hours Race Car Rating  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Great Review. I broke down and ordered one of these from Germany last week. I am hoping that it comes soon. :cry_sad:

I too, wish this set was out in the US. I hope I get this for my birthday.

Great review, nicely detailed! I love it!

That is one deep review Jim, I must say you got me tempted :thumbup: Now, let me just take a look at my wallet...hmmm...yeah, it's empty :hmpf_bad: No bright green for me yet :cry_sad:

I, again, must point out your faboulous photos, although I can see that even for masters like you are, taking a picture of the instructions booklets is also hard. That glare of the front cover (boxes as well) is a real pain... Don't get me wrong, mine are far far worse :blush:

Regards, miha

Thanks for the review. I love the B model, and agree with your praise.

Your pictures are stunning. Well done.

That is one deep review Jim, I must say you got me tempted :thumbup: Now, let me just take a look at my wallet...hmmm...yeah, it's empty :hmpf_bad: No bright green for me yet :cry_sad:

I, again, must point out your faboulous photos, although I can see that even for masters like you are, taking a picture of the instructions booklets is also hard. That glare of the front cover (boxes as well) is a real pain... Don't get me wrong, mine are far far worse :blush:

Regards, miha

Thanks Miha! You are absolutely right about the instructions and box. I had to reshoot and edit the box a couple of times and it's still not perfect. The glare makes it hard to get right. Luckily for me, it's more about the actual set :sweet:

Again an Excellent work! Your reviews always make me want to buy set that I did not consider!

Sorry about that :laugh:

True, but I must say I like the new colour, very 'fresh' looking compared to the rather dullish regular green. Can't wait to build MOCs with it.

It sure is. I am (or should I say was) not a big fan of green overall, but this green is very vivid.

Thanks for the review. I love the B model, and agree with your praise.

Your pictures are stunning. Well done.

Thanks! :thumbup:

...I really hope more sets in the future will use the color (so that more different parts will be available over time).

Besides the set itself, I think this is one of the best reviews I have read in a while. Great job on the superb photographs (which I think are essential to a review) and the extensiveness of it all. You really touched every subject, which is great :D

Thanks for the praise! Always nice to hear your work is appreciated. And I also wonder what TLG will do with the new Bright Green.

Sorry about that :laugh:

No problem Jim :laugh: Same thing about 42024...I think that happen because you are perfect in what you do! Pics are so clean, clear and compelling explanation, analysis and final judgment always in line with what I note after purchase the set! Edited by MrTekneex

Jim, you're the man! I liked very much your review, great job :thumbup: Personally I was really skeptic of A model but then I made it and absolutely fell love in with it... Now I have a problem... I want buy second copy of this set and build B model also :classic: I'm not going to disassemble A model, that's for sure :wink:

PS. I made a little mods to roof and back end because they were too open... And also changed wing color to white and added little telemetry antennas :classic:

R6CLSY3.jpg

Outstanding review. I'm quite tempted by the set, I think I'll get 42000 first though.

No problem Jim :laugh: Same thing about 42024...I think that happen because you are perfect in what you do! Pics are so clean, clear and compelling explanation, analysis and final judgment always in line with what I note after purchase the set!

That's nice to hear! :sweet::thumbup:

Jim, you're the man! I liked very much your review, great job :thumbup: Personally I was really skeptic of A model but then I made it and absolutely fell love in with it... Now I have a problem... I want buy second copy of this set and build B model also :classic: I'm not going to disassemble A model, that's for sure :wink:

PS. I made a little mods to roof and back end because they were too open... And also changed wing color to white and added little telemetry antennas :classic:

Your mods look nice!! I couldn't resists to get the extra set :wink:

Great review, I could see the singular front suspension, I hadn´t seen it yet.

Which reminds me....I also shot a video of the rear suspension, which isn't in the review.

I've added it.

Great Review. I was interested into this set since i first saw it. I will definitely buy it. The B-Model is a must-build. It will be a tough decision which of both to put for display on the shelf.

I've just finished my build today, and I like the set, however

16244950976_a15b98baf6_n.jpg

I'm not sure if I built the set wrong or whether you may have missed a pin during the build, but I only had 4 of the black technic friction pins left over at the end of my build?

All other spares were the same

It's perfectly possible I missed a pin :classic:

It's perfectly possible I missed a pin :classic:

It will most likely collapse over night.

Wonderful review, even convinced me to add this set to my official wishlist :)

My 1st posting! Nice review - generally I'm not into the newer stud less technic but this set appealed to me as soon as I saw it. Should have it in a week or two and can't wait!

Any idea why this set isn't available at Shop@Home for the US site anymore?

I don't think it ever was. It is not out in USA yet.

nice set. I think I'm going to order this set in a few days.

your review is SUPERB. normally i would skip it after 1/3 of the review at this lengt but you just kept me reading.

one question keeps me thinking does the fenders bend or are they very stif.

thanks

nice set. I think I'm going to order this set in a few days.

your review is SUPERB. normally i would skip it after 1/3 of the review at this lengt but you just kept me reading.

one question keeps me thinking does the fenders bend or are they very stif.

thanks

Thanks!

They are pretty stiff. Not meant to be bent.