Sign in to follow this  
rx79gez8gundam

M*A*S*H 4077th Swamp

M*A*S*H 4077th diorama playset with Bell H-13H Sioux Medevac, Willys Jeep, Sophie the horse, and Radar, Hawkeye, Klinger, Hot Lips, Frank, Trapper, and Col. Potter minifigures.

16455091495_9b48c0fc23.jpg

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/403719 M*A*S*H 4077th Swamp, Bell H-13H Sioux Medevac, Willys Jeep, and Col. Potter with Sophie

16455240065_bb00e72efd.jpg

Bell H-13H Sioux Medevac with Cowboy minifigure

16153230386_91c7dfd9a9.jpg

Willys Jeep with Cpl. /William "Radar" O'Reilly, Capt. Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce, and Cpl. Maxwell "Max" Klinger minifigures

16429091276_2958402a8d.jpg

Swamp tent interior with still and Cpl. William "Radar" O'Reilly, Maj. Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan, Capt. Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce, Maj. Frank Burns, and Capt. "Trapper" John

Took a little artistic license with that. The entire goal of the project was to have something that could possibly go on LEGO Ideas, so I was trying to keep a whole host of factors in mind including playability, marketability, recognition, price point, etc. The only thing keeping me from listing it so far is even though it is based on one of the most beloved TV shows world wide it's still TECHNICALLY what LEGO would consider "military", regardless of the medical nature of the subject. They tend to be very strict about that, and I don't think they would bend the rules, even for M*A*S*H. They also would have issues with the still (a major component of the SWAMP interior) as any alcohol referrences are also verboten, even moonshine.

AWESOME work, but sorry to nit-pic but Trapper went home before Col. Potter arrived at 4077 and is that Cowboy the chopper pilot in the copter ?

I wouldn't mind building this......my mum and dad loves the show.

Could you spend the .lxf files for it ?

Brick On 'rx79gez8gundam' ! :grin:

The whole moc is very well done. That jeep is a great design. :thumbup:

If you're looking for other ideas for this theme, there's always the operating room, ambulance, the mess, Rosie's bar, ...

...you could have multiple waves. :grin:

This is wonderful. I am especially enamoured with the helicopter and the still.

I don't think LEGO would approve the "set" as is due to to the alcohol but I think the jeep and helicopter combo would make a fantastic submission for LEGO Ideas. I remember buying dinky-toy versions of those two vehicles (possibly as a set) when I was a kid and recreating the chooper landing scene from the opening credits would be really a powerful image, full of nostalgia for the potential buyers of this as a set.

fair enough explanation for putting trapper and potter in at the same time. it would be awesome to see lego market these. keep up the good work... would love to see what else you could come up with from the camp.