Thought I'd start a "fun" topic. What is your favourite film(s)?

My personal favourite is the 1968 Planet of the Apes - classic film, have seen it close to 6 times now. Love the story, the twist, the Charlton Heston-ing.

Bravo to my favourite character of all time...

DR. ZAIUS!

It's tough to narrow it down. I have a tendency to go for slightly dark movies or ones with bittersweet endings.

My favourite childhood movie is "Return to Oz", the neglected Disney movie of 1985. It is a sequel of The Wizard of Oz, (based on the 2nd and 3rd books), but without all the singing/dancing/glitter. It's also quite a bit darker (The movie starts off with Dorothy being brought to a hospital for electroshock treatment to get rid of her bad 'dreams' about Oz). The villains are great in it. I have no idea how many times I've seen it, but I still love as much as I did as a kid.

Other favourite movies include:

-Rambo: First Blood

-Once Upon a Time in the West

-No Country for Old Men

-Marathon Man

-Batman Returns

-The Blues Brothers

-Tropic Thunder

-Another Earth

-Inception

Not sure I can pick a single favourite character!

Edited by Iria

It's tough to narrow it down. I have a tendency to go for slightly dark movies or ones with bittersweet endings.

My favourite childhood movie is "Return to Oz", the neglected Disney movie of 1985. It is a sequel of The Wizard of Oz, (based on the 2nd and 3rd books), but without all the singing/dancing/glitter. It's also quite a bit darker (The movie starts off with Dorothy being brought to a hospital for electroshock treatment to get rid of her bad 'dreams' about Oz). The villains are great in it. I have no idea how many times I've seen it, but I still love as much as I did as a kid.

Hey, you seen RedLetterMedia's crew do a review of that film (loved it as a child too)? http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-oz-the-great-and-powerful-and-return-to-oz/

My favorite movie has to be guardians of the Galaxy with the lord of the rings the fellow ship of the ring coming in at second

My favorite movie is "the 7th voyage of Sinbad" from 1958. When I saw it as a kid, I was scared of the cyclops but as the years pased I developed a likinig to the movie and I watch it many times on dvd or when its on tv. There are other movies, like the original trilogy of Star Wars, Lotr, Flash Gordon (the cartoon by Filmation), Pacific Rim, all movies that Ray Harryhausen worked on, various movies from the 80s and early 90s, that would take to long to write them all down. But all in all, "the 7th voyage of Sinbad" is my favorite.

The original unaltered Star Wars trilogy will always be my favorite series to go back to. I wouldn't call them the best movies of all time, but they're a fundamental part of me. Part of me is copyrighted by Lucasfilm Disney. :wink:

Some of my other favorites are:

Annie Hall

Being John Malkovich

Frances Ha

Her

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Spider-Man 2

Terribly underrated movie. I have loved it since I first saw it back in 1985.

Shameless plug:

When I first met puppeteer Tim Rose over 10 years ago we talked about this movie (he was Tik-Tok). He had this AMAZING story about 3 legendary people showing up on set: G. Lucas, S. Spielberg and F.F. Coppola, who were friends of the director (Walter Murch)......the studio wanted to get rid of Murch, but then something happened.....

One or two years later I interviewed Tim Rose, and I just had to have him tell this story again so it could be shared.

Here's the full interview: http://starwarsinterviews1.blogspot.nl/2010/01/tim-rose-interview.html

Regarding my favorite movie:

the original Star Wars trilogy. No doubt about that. It has been an influence on my life for way over 3 decades! I've seen every movie 100+ times, so..... :laugh:

My favorite of the 3? ESB or ROTJ.......and I think I'd go for.....ROTJ. The Sarlacc pit sequence and the amazing space battle is what makes this my #1.

Next best movie would be Raiders of the Lost Ark, followed by The Last Crusade and Temple of Doom. The Godfather trilogy is also in my Top 10.

One or two years later I interviewed Tim Rose, and I just had to have him tell this story again so it could be shared.

Here's the full interview: http://starwarsinter...-interview.html

That was a very cool interview. Seems like an interesting guy. :thumbup:

These days...it's hard to say, but I think I'm going to stand by Return of the Jedi.

Empire Strikes Back, Fellowship of the Ring and Raiders of the Lost Ark would definitely follow in some sort of order, then just a confused jumbled of Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, the Two Towers, the Last Crusade, and the Matrix. :tongue:

The Lord of the Rings, at often times, but I would also say the original Star Wars trilogy, namely TESB, at most times now.

Edited by General Magma

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

(followed by Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope.....Raiders of the Lost Ark is #4 on my list)

Super hero flick: Avengers age of Ultron (Stunning work!)

Fantasy: The Hobbit the desolation of Smaug (Close tie to Battle of the five armies)

I think it's easier if I do a top five favorites. :tongue:

1. Jurassic Park

2. Back to the Future

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. The Avengers

5. Toy Story

Edited by EZNetwork