peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Bakery and Fishmonger

Hey everyone,

I'd like to share my second MOC: A modular bakery and fishmonger. Ever since I got the official Pet Shop I wanted to build a few 16*32 modulars which feature a shop on the lower level and apartments on the uppper levels and I started with a bakery and a fishmonger. Inspritation came from art decor buildings in my hometown Hamburg (unfortunately most were destroyed during WW2..).

The bakery and cafe features indoor and outdoor seating and gives the very well know 'Larry the Barista' a new home. He lives above with a fancy open kitchen and a small terrace.

The fishmonger is a family business. While the old geezer is mainly in the attic and likes to read old maps and dreams of finally finding that treasure he's been searching for all his life, his younger son is running the business downstairs.

----

Statistics:

Part count bakery: 1849

Part count fishmonger: 1944

Total part count: 3793

Bricklink orders: 25

Design time in LDD: around 25h

Biuld time: around 5h

Here is a collection of images. All of the images can be found here: http://www.kawano.de...fishmonger.html

Bakery_Fishmonger_02_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_04_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_06_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_07_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_13_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_14_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_15_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_16_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_17_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_19_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_21_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_28_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_31_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_33_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_34_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_35_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_39_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_40_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_43_t.JPG

Bakery_Fishmonger_44_t.JPG

AWESOME twin pack of 16 wide modulars 'peedeejay'......the fishmongers is the best one.....it's interior is almost beyond awesome ! :thumbup:

Brick On 'peedeejay' ! :grin:

Nicely done and great interiors! I especially like the way you've utiliset the space below the stairs for a kitchen cupboard in the Café building. These could well be TLG modulars!

Wow, those are really nice! The stripes in the walls add a nice effect to both the exterior and the interior. I think I would add an extra level to one of the buildings to break up the flat roof line. Can I ask a really stupid question? Why do you spell things in English? Maybe because "Fisch" wouldn't fit? :classic:

Edited by ecmo47

Good looking interiors and I particularly like the tiled walls effect in the Fishmongers - very realistic.

Wow that is very impressive. The interiors are definately on par with the very good interiors lego is now including in the new modulars, like the Detectives Office and Parisian Resturant.

I really like the interior design in both business and all the subtle marine decorations in the fishmongers apartment. Great job!

Brilliant MOC Modulars...your eye for the interiors is superb...I love the apartments and their fit out. The kitchenettes are are well proportioned and packed full of detail.

My only niggle is the external colour scheme. I can see, if i look closely, that you have some really interesting facade/ elevation details and build techniques. However, the monochromatic nature of the white & block colour choices, washes these out for me on initial viewing. Maybe a more subtle layering or hierarchy of colour to really pick out the depth you have tried to achieve on these elevations, will help.

Other than that, this is a brilliant looking project. Great job.

Both of these are gorgeous!! My favourite facade is that of the bakery, but it's the interior of the fish monger that steals the show for me. Well done!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

Beautiful detail! And even better, it does not look like the bakery concept that I am developing at this point so I am extra happy.

Keep up the Awesome MOCs.

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback and comments.

Wow, those are really nice! The stripes in the walls add a nice effect to both the exterior and the interior. I think I would add an extra level to one of the buildings to break up the flat roof line. Can I ask a really stupid question? Why do you spell things in English? Maybe because "Fisch" wouldn't fit? :classic:

I thought about another level while building it, but the building is already quite high compared to other modulars (around 4-5 bricks higher than Pet Shop). I'm going to take some pictures from the buildings next to other modulars during the next days for comparison. Regarding your question: I honestly never thought about using German. :D But, yeah "Fisch" wouldn't fit. :)

Brilliant MOC Modulars...your eye for the interiors is superb...I love the apartments and their fit out. The kitchenettes are are well proportioned and packed full of detail.

My only niggle is the external colour scheme. I can see, if i look closely, that you have some really interesting facade/ elevation details and build techniques. However, the monochromatic nature of the white & block colour choices, washes these out for me on initial viewing. Maybe a more subtle layering or hierarchy of colour to really pick out the depth you have tried to achieve on these elevations, will help.

Other than that, this is a brilliant looking project. Great job.

I understand what you say and I thought about that as well when I designed them within LDD. But in real they look quite good and the structural parts are better visible. On my pictures the black looks like a big black plate without any structure. It's pretty difficult to take some good pictures.

Both of these are gorgeous!! My favourite facade is that of the bakery, but it's the interior of the fish monger that steals the show for me. Well done!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

Thanks for the feature within your blog! I like reading it because I am pretty much a modular maniac as well. ;)

Very nice interiors, I might take cues for my next work :laugh: ---and the building as a whole integrates very well with the official sets :thumbup:

If I had to make a suggestion it would be the exterior scheme --- I think the black stripes on white is too strong (It's fine on the front but the back view is too contrasting IMO); I think I would tone it down to a lighter shade (light bley?)

Thanks again for the nice comments! :)

Very nice interiors, I might take cues for my next work :laugh: ---and the building as a whole integrates very well with the official sets :thumbup:

If I had to make a suggestion it would be the exterior scheme --- I think the black stripes on white is too strong (It's fine on the front but the back view is too contrasting IMO); I think I would tone it down to a lighter shade (light bley?)

If you mean the lines on 2nd level of the bakery: They are actually dark green! :) I still need to improve my photography skills. ;(

You have done a great job with that modular building! At first because the building is in two halfs, I thought it would be too small - but it is not. You have fitted the stairs in really nicely and each floor has nice things on them. You have put a lot of creativity and design into the outside and inside of the building. :classic:

Thanks bradleybrand!

Currently working on the building instructions btw. Soon the buildings should be available on rebrickable. :)

Very continental, which is pretty good. Since the fishmonger has the only toilet, does the baker's family go over to his place to use the bathroom?

I love the lurid orange-pink cafe floor! And the little bay window in the back, with the cheese slopes. Oh, and the design of the little satellite dish on top of the fishmongers.