Sign in to follow this  
vexorian

Breaking Unikitty arch

This has happened with the two sets with Unikitty that I got. With normal Unikitty from cloud cucko land , it doesn't matter because I doubt the 3 studs arch is uncommon. For Benny's space ship, this is really bad news, that arch is very special with that print.

The issue is that just leaving the arch assembled with the two pairs of 1x1 plates as feet is clearly causing the arch mold to split. It has been slow since months ago and only getting worse. Is there anything I can do?

I'm not sure how having the 1x1 plates attatched is clearly causing the split. Could you explain this more? My Unikitty from Benny's spaceship is fine.

Where is that split, at the base where the 1x1's connect?

Having the 1x1's connected is not different than using the arc in a different way like as a part of a building.

Edited by JetBlackSVW

Like this:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/26061on.jpg

I didn't intend to imply the 1x1 plate was specifically at fault. But it is the connection itself that has created this pressure.

My Unikitty has only been standing , no rough play or bad environment that would justify this breakage.

Edited by LuxorV
Image too big. Turned into link.

Not as bad because it is newer but it reminds me of the beginning stage of what happened to normal unikitty.

It looks as if something pushed the piece downwards, causing it to press against the 1x1 plate below... Causing the split.

Yeah, I'd go as far as to request a replacement part. They'll probably have you send the broken piece to them so they can look at it for faults.