Oh geez, the guilt! :-$ :-| :-/

I'll try. I really will. :-)

Yay! :'-)

>:-( Seriously, grow a pair!

:'-) I'm so happy!

>:-( Seriously, grow a pair!

Yeah, sure, you just tell me how to grow a pair of these:

3675.1078288800.jpg

I have them on order from not one but two different sellers and neither one will get me invoiced! >:-(

To think I'm being held back by .40 worth of crappy red slopes, but they're vital. As it is I couldn't get the sand green ones and will have to modify half ... oh nevermind, I'm whining again. 8-|

In a pinch I'll ditch the whole thing and build something else. I can work miracles! X-D

Excellent, I received my 3 remaining parts for my entry *sweet*

I'll need to finish the build and do the shoot so I'll post it tomorrow ;-)

Bar On !!

*yoda*

Still no red slopes, so I turned the roof black! Vastly underestimated the dark red brick involved in a 3 story building, so now it's a 1 story building :-|

I'm still hoping to fancy it up some before I take the crappy pics (I take crappy pics, it's the way it is), and add a small garden shrine or outside bar, can't decide which.

At this point, it looks like a Chinese McDonalds. :-D

Excellent entry *yoda* ! Especially for a first town MOC. It's very clever! :-D :-D :-D What a very classy place. If I went to Paris I would stop for some ale at Le *yoda* for sure!

I love the windows. That was very smart. It's an excellent homage to Moe's as well. My favorite part is the outdoor patio. I really like the way you used the ivy. Awesome job! *sweet* *y*

Well, my entry is posted. Sorry it's so long.

It's freakin' awesome Gylman! It's so good. It really is so fun and creative. I love all the detail, the kitchen, the bathroom, the back stairway, the big burger, the front doors! Great use of those round pieces. I'm so jealous of the blue shutters on that six-wide truck!! *wub* *wub* *wub*

It looks like the health department should pay a visit though. Great entry. You had nothing to worry about, you good. That a very well built creative awesome model!

*sweet* *y*

It would be thoroughly impolite for me, the free billboard guy, to comment on someone else's sig, even if it was incredibly funny and made me nearly do a Hinckleyesque spit take, so I won't mention post #38, lest people go there (on page 2) and look at it.

Nope, not doing it. X-D

gylman that is absolutly fantastic! it's amazing the wait was worth it! its so vibrant and colourful and you have captured the hussle and bussle of an american diner spot on! ;-) the jukebox is just plain cool and so are all the food types and posters! I love the use of those letter bricks (wish I had some |-/ ) and the big burger with you on the top! you have my vote! :-D *y*

I *wub* yours to Yoda with you on the sign and the sand green and cream tiles out back great! X-D

Edited by casewindu

Nice work Gylman. It's hard to say what I think about it cause I'm kinda speechless.

Love the Burger and the Jukebox. The amount of detail in there is incredible.

Thanks for the compliments people. The "hustle and bustle" effect was what I was going for, so thanks Casewindu for saying that it succeeded.

I wasn't sure if to use tiles or studs on all the surfaces, but diners are supposed to be full of gleaming (hopefully) counters and walls, so I ended up with tiles.

I used to have a LOT of tiles. Now.... I'm just about wiped out. :'-(

The little girl with the glasses who is sweeping up the front and back, and taking some FABRIK sprockets out of the truck is my daughter. My daughter looks almost exactl like that. She carries her minifig of herself around, and insisted that she be part of the construction. She's very excite to "be on the internet".

Thanks again everyone for the compliments.

LOL. Leave it to Hinckley to instantly spot the rarest piece in the entire MOC full of uncommon elements.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=791

Many of my sets were "sacrificed" for this MOC. Yes, the shutter came from the old maxifig hospital set.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?O=231-1

My cafe corner looks like they are ripping up the sidewalk to lay new wiring, my Scudaria truck - well, it's a Scudaria Flatbed now. And so on....

I have to say, I am really impressed with the entries X-O

Freebee's classroom was pretty real to me, I love the blackboard. I also really like Nadroj's AFOL fig :-D and the panda. Sinner's tugboat is great, I especially like the couch :-D I like how Alex's used that particular baseplate, it works really well with his lighthouse, and I like how he made the lights. What I like best about Legocastlegirl's shop is all the vegetation. The building reminds me of an A-frame house. The sheer size of Landlubber's truck is very impressive X-O

My favorite aspect to Hinckley's brewery is the architectural style as well, it looks a lot like a lot of buildings do where I live. I also like the fire escape and the giant billboard. I love how Barbossa's pizza place is so intricate, the exterior is a real pleasure to look at *y* . My favorite aspect of Yoda's bar are the windows and the big sign, and the outdoor area. Also the sand green color.

My favorite parts of Glyman's restaurant are the bathroom's floor design, the rats and the Belville hands in pots, the paramedics, the ac. The atmosphere the MOC creates is so realistic and humorous *y*

Awesome entry ZBD!

It's nice to see you build something on a larger scale. I think you are a very talented builder and I love your city hall. I have always been interested in that style of architecture, we don't see it much in the states and I love seeing pictures of European cities with that old world architecture in it. Very well done and creative! *sweet* *y*

I just updated my entry. Just a few minor changes.

Barbossa - I've commented on yours elsewhere. *wub*

*yoda* - Your first City building? Wow! Grat sign and roof details. *sweet* I think it does seem very like Moes. Is there an interior?

gylman - Well, I think I have changed my vote from Hinckley to you! (He can't win anyway! :-D ) That is huge and there is so much to like! Your cool use of your sigfig, the bike stand, the excellent entry, the cool sign, the red truck, the use of lighting, the back entrance and stairs, the kitchen, the toilet, the swinging walls, the clam burger and executive chome bucket :-P ... I could go on for hours. If you got a saw and cut that MOC in half, anywhere, it would still be my favourite. *wub*

ZeekyBoogeyDoog - I think yours is the funniest entry so far. :-D I get the impression that you think politicians are corrupt. 8-| Laughs aside I love it. The bell tower and the stepped roof work really well.

It would be thoroughly impolite for me, the free billboard guy, to comment on someone else's sig, even if it was incredibly funny and made me nearly do a Hinckleyesque spit take, so I won't mention post #38, lest people go there (on page 2) and look at it.

Nope, not doing it. X-D

:-D I can't remember it; was it that bad?

:-D I can't remember it; was it that bad?

It was a large file size animated gif... :-D

BTW, nice adjustments to your entry! It doesn't totally suck anymore.

Excellent additions & changes, Mr. Realism! The only things I question are the antennae array, sensor array (?? *wacko* ??) above the drivey part where the captain is. The bottom of the plate being exposed is interesting. I wonder if there isn't some other way to do that. Some antennae or pole...Also, IMO I think the back window that is now 4 transparent 1 x 2 bricks should be two transparents 1 x 2 x 2 transparent c-wall panels...

4864b.gif

I am also disappointed that I'm no longer being spanked in the cabin :-( I guess I'll always have the memories. But I'm glad that you trust me as the mechanic! Look at me with a wrench. I don't know what to do, but there I am working on the tug!

Did I ever tell you that one of my best friend's is named Tug. His name is actually David, but he was a fat baby and his parents called him the little tug boat and the name Tug stuck!

Anyway, I like the additions and changes you made. I'm always impressed with your attention to detail. I like the new dealies you added the big yellow thingy with the thingy on the one end and the flag on the other. It looks more like tugs I've seen now. Although the first one did too. *sweet* *y* Your photos are looking incredible!

Just curious, have you considered doing the roof differently?

So, Mr. Scrutineer, this being an international site, just when do we consider the deadline to be EXACTLY? The very last minute of the very last hour of the 17th in the very last timezone (just in case someone on one of those little islands in the Pacific wanted to join in (I hear they're big on LEGO there, wherever that is)?

Surprisingly, I'm done actually. I made so many massive modifications (read that as reductions) that I finished a good 20 minutes ago, right after opening a random eBay order that included a part I wasn't expecting, that made it possible to do something that I'd considered but didn't have the part for *sweet*.

I'm just left to try to get the lighting right for some crappy pics. I'm off to read your thread on the subject, just to see if I can absorb any of your good photography methods enough to make these almost viewable. I hope to have them done sometime in the morning, putting me potentially a whole day ahead.

Now go commit to our Douglas Adams vignette contest or I'll :'-(

Don't give me that look. You do to know who he is. You haven't read ... no, you've got to be kidding me. Well, don't worry, we have it set up so that even the illiterate er the uneducated the lazy-megablocks non-readers can join in! (good thing I edited that down so it sounded nicer, huh?) >:-)

Go on, it's only a tiny little vignette. ;-)

So, Mr. Scrutineer, this being an international site, just when do we consider the deadline to be EXACTLY? The very last minute of the very last hour of the 17th in the very last timezone (just in case someone on one of those little islands in the Pacific wanted to join in (I hear they're big on LEGO there, wherever that is)?

The deadline is exactly shut your face, that's when! :-P

BTW, nice adjustments to your entry! It doesn't totally suck anymore.

Gee, thanks! 8-|

Also, IMO I think the back window that is now 4 transparent 1 x 2 bricks should be two transparents 1 x 2 x 2 transparent c-wall panels...

4864b.gif

Actually I don't think I have any of those in a clear transparent form. :-$

I am also disappointed that I'm no longer being spanked in the cabin :-( I guess I'll always have the memories.

That never was part of the entry. I did that specially for you. *wub* I will add it. :-D

Just curious, have you considered doing the roof differently?

Yes, but I can't. :'-( I haven't got an inverted windsceen, thus I built that upside down. That then meant that I needed to do the roof sideways... I do need the head room as well.

That never was part of the entry. I did that specially for you. *wub* I will add it. :-D

*wub* :'-) You're a true friend!

Yes, but I can't. :'-( I haven't got an inverted windsceen, thus I built that upside down. That then meant that I needed to do the roof sideways... I do need the head room as well.

It looks realistic! I like it very much. Not just the roof either. I wish I could build a cool boat. My most often abandoned MOC is a cool boat like that :-$ But the roof has alwasy struck me as different but not bad! I didn't even notice it wasn't an inverted windshield until you said. I just wondered if you had considered anything else. It is truly a unique solution. Overall, great job man!