Hinckley

New City Ideas Contest-discussion thread

It seems that this tread will be hard too!

There are nice entry here, and some other will come...

Legocastlegirl, don't worry, your flower shop is great!

And the use of the boat is not so strange, because things like boats or old carriages are used to make some floral compositions. So it's ok for me!

And for the raised baseplates, I like them all. Well, they are not really cute by themselves, but they can be really great isf they are used in a good way.

I'll be doing a restaurant variation - Gylman's Red White and Blue Burgers.

American Graffiti era burger joint.

Sneak Peek

post-252-1187752072.jpg

Gee. I hope I didn't give too much away!

X-D

I'll be doing a restaurant variation - Gylman's Red White and Blue Burgers.

American Graffiti era burger joint.

Sneak Peek

Gee. I hope I didn't give too much away!

X-D

ooh! Tease! Can't wait to see it!

Well, not to give away any more, but that blurry off-angle picture was taken by a customer as he was ducking a flying chair during the brawl between the motorcycle gang and the girls' soccer team ....

Well, not to give away any more, but that blurry off-angle picture was taken by a customer as he was ducking a flying chair during the brawl between the motorcycle gang and the girls' soccer team ....

According to the angle and partial bluriness of that pic I thought that that customer was already in the middle of the brawl and that pic was taken when he was smacked down X-D

Can't wait to se your entry Gyl ;-)

50's On !!

*yoda*

I'm thinking more 1970's, but probably not much different than 1950's.

I'm in the same stage you are at Yoda - Bricklink limbo.....

Sept 10 deadline, huh?

I'm thinking more 1970's, but probably not much different than 1950's.

I'm in the same stage you are at Yoda - Bricklink limbo.....

Sept 10 deadline, huh?

I'm also in BL limbo, and will now be very busy the week of the 10th so extending the deadline by one week!

BL speed on!

BL speed on!

There are some things that just weren't meant to be fast

Piranha

So that Sinner can stop feeling insecure I will comment on all the entries so far. I don't like to comment on entries when I am running the contest, but I can't stand to see that cute little walrus cry. :-$ Besides, I will stick to the positives...

FreeBee

Excellent job. I really like this idea of a set that is simply an interior. Thanks for entering it because it convinced me to allow LDD sets which makes sense as Factory makes it possible for members to buy an entry! Cool *sweet* *y*

SirNadroj

:-) Your entry makes me smile. You are certainly a great builder and I'm always pleasantly surprised to see your work. You get extra points from me for adding a Fabuland set to the inventory and I also like the birch tree! Giant Panda *wub* on!

casewindu

Go Italian food! I love the level of detail and all of the personalities. What a great floorplan!

Sinner

:-/ meh...

Alex54

*wub* *wub* *wub* Bestill my heart. I love your MOCs. This one is so simple yet detailed and elegant! It reminds me of the US east coast. I'm ignorant as to lighthouse terms but I love the support dealies under the walkway around the spinny light.

Legocastlegirl

Excellent! I'm so happy to see a female enter my contest and your entry is so clever! I *wub* the boat!! My favorite part about this is that it is more of a small town set that a big city set. I love the half-timbered facade and especially the front gate and torch lights.

All right Sinner

I'll let you off the hook. I was going to wait until you responded, but I'll just get this out of the way now. I'm very busy... :-P You know I love your style and this is no exception. You have this great technical mind and you put all the details into your MOCs I wish I had the knowledge to add to mine. I love all of your details in this as I am also obssessed with ports. We went on a tour of Miami Beach that mostly highlighted celebrity homes during my 30th birthday trip and I took 30 pictures of the container cranes... :-D I especially love the use of the bumpers and the tow cables. And I appreciate that you made the captain a one night stand couch below deck :-D *y*

Great entries so far everyone! I can't wait to see more! :-)

I'm also in BL limbo, and will now be very busy the week of the 10th so extending the deadline by one week!

I probably will tweak my entry then, especially since the contest is hotting up! *sweet*

So that Sinner can stop feeling insecure I will comment on all the entries so far. I don't like to comment on entries when I am running the contest, but I can't stand to see that cute little walrus cry.

:'-) :'-)

I'll let you off the hook. I was going to wait until you responded, but I'll just get this out of the way now. I'm very busy... :-P You know I love your style and this is no exception. You have this great technical mind and you put all the details into your MOCs I wish I had the knowledge to add to mine. I love all of your details in this as I am also obssessed with ports. We went on a tour of Miami Beach that mostly highlighted celebrity homes during my 30th birthday trip and I took 30 pictures of the container cranes... :-D I especially love the use of the bumpers and the tow cables. And I appreciate that you made the captain a one night stand couch below deck :-D *y*

Aww thanks. :-$ That huge rant just for me, I feel really bad now. I'll try to find a way to make it up to you. X-D

but I can't stand to see that cute little walrus cry.
:'-) :'-)

Damn it! I can't win.

I'll try to find a way to make it up to you. X-D

:'-) A whacking?! :-D :-D

Damn it! I can't win.

True, but they were tears of joy. :-)

:'-) A whacking?! :-D :-D

Sounds fun. At the moment I am documenting Gregor and Gavins visit. :-P

At the moment I am documenting Gregor and Gavins visit. :-P

:'-)

Strewth! That is some happy hour! Where is this place? :-P

in your walrus dreams Sinner! ;-)

and get this. After you have had a lot to drink and feel like barfing it all up, there is an endless supply of blue buckets waiting to receive it! :-D now thats Walrus friendly!

Sounds fun. At the moment I am documenting Gregor and Gavins visit. :-P

Have fun with them :-D

Coming in late in this City thread (no stormies, space .. nothing 8-|) I

in your walrus dreams Sinner! ;-)

and get this. After you have had a lot to drink and feel like barfing it all up, there is an endless supply of blue buckets waiting to receive it! :-D now thats Walrus friendly!

Tell me where it is? I must know. 8-

So that Sinner can stop feeling insecure I will comment on all the entries so far. I don't like to comment on entries when I am running the contest, but I can't stand to see that cute little walrus cry. :-$ Besides, I will stick to the positives...

You know constructive criticism is really good, helps people progress ;-)

I think we all know when a MOC is good, but discussing the negative aspects and what appears to be less successfull is rezlly helpfull IMO ;-) Don't you agree ??

City MOC On !!

*yoda*

You know constructive criticism is really good, helps people progress ;-)

I think we all know when a MOC is good, but discussing the negative aspects and what appears to be less successfull is rezlly helpfull IMO ;-) Don't you agree ??

City MOC On !!

*yoda*

I do agree, but I don't like to criticize when I'm running the contest or entering unless specifically asked...other MOCs I feel comfortable to give the positives and constructive criticism...I just feel rude during it when I have a stake in the contest.

I do agree, but I don't like to criticize when I'm running the contest or entering unless specifically asked...other MOCs I feel comfortable to give the positives and constructive criticism...I just feel rude during it when I have a stake in the contest.

I understand you views Hinckie hehe even though it won't change the outcome of the contest loool

BTW feel free to "critisize" my entry if you want !! Its always good to have a subjective approach hehe

*yoda*

Coming in late in this City thread (no stormies, space .. nothing 8-|) I

Oh my M%g@ Bl&ky gawd Landlubber, that is great. *wub* It looks like it is back to the drawing board for me. :'-(

Landlubber that is rediculously good! with out a doubt the best vehicle I have ever seen made with Lego and made with only this years city sets, Amazing! :-D

I wish I could build like that! :'-( ;-)

you have my vote!