Hi everyone. I don't post much in this forum, although I do dabble in constraction figures from time to time. After I watched Disney's latest animated film Big Hero 6 which won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film of 2014 (an award that clearly should have gone to The Lego Movie as we all know) I was inspired to build one of the main characters, Baymax. And since he is a heroic robot with armor plating, it only seemed fitting to build him in a Hero Factory style.

16557652578_b625c97416_z.jpg

Baymax by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Here are some reference images of him:

581px-Baymax_%28Earth-14123%29_003.pngpost-2028-0-73717600-1425760282_thumb.png

Here are some views of the front and back of him. His torso structure is based on Stormer XL's.

16122896054_e5f603cb66_z.jpg

Baymax Front by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

16537942487_df1bab6775_z.jpg

Baymax Back by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

And here are the same views with his wings spread out:

16125252773_939baf3b4c_z.jpg

Baymax Front Wings by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

16122896664_dbdf51bdbb_z.jpg

Baymax Back Wings by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

An action pose where he is getting ready to fire his fist:

16125252943_bec278f8c6_z.jpg

Baymax Firing Fist by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate this MOC? :grin:

This is my first CCBS Moc, so be kind (Honestly, I don't even know what CCBS stands for :blush: ). I might try my hand at making a System MOC of Baymax one day.

I hope you are satisfied with your care. :classic:

Thank you both! :sweet:

Not bad for a first time MOC, and it was probably harder because you're working in LDD, which I find to be very difficult to use with CCBS builds. CCBS, by the way, stands for Character & Creature Building System.

Edited by Saberwing40k

Ah, thanks for the clarification! :classic: And yes, ball joints are a pain to work with in LDD, but since most of the parts don't exist in the colors I needed, I couldn't build it for real. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate my pain a perfect 10. :tongue:

I like it. Maybe you could armor the "shoulder" bones too, if you adjusted their position slightly? They seem like they'd perfectly accommodate a 5-long shell in red if you angled them slightly differently. And to avoid the awkward look of the extra torso, I would move the wings to the torso in front and use the O(O)O connector to attach the armor instead of the back torso piece.

Wow really well done! The only constructive criticism I can think of is you might want to add a shell on his shoulders where the arms are attached.

Nice! I loved Big Hero 6 and have been waiting for someone to make something from it in LEGO! Good job!

Great moc--really captures the look!

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate my pain a perfect 10. :tongue:

Just watch out for those broken-femur patients. If word gets out that you said 10....