Sign in to follow this  
super_st

WiP: MOC Fort and Harbour

Hi all, wanted to share my work in progress Fort with Harbour. never done anything like this before but started a couple of months ago after getting the lego out of the loft after 20 years of darkness. As a kid i always wanted a fort and harbour to go with my ships and never had one and rather than buy the Elderado Fortress etc i though i would build my own.

I started with bricklinking the 6242 soliders fort as i liked the modular design. I used this as a starting point, extended it a little, then moved onto the fort itself. Now i wanted a raised baseplate but something alittle different and found a grey one cheap :D think its used for the police stations set etc.

As i say its work in progress, but starting to get the idea of where its going. Hope you like so far.

Sorry if images are a little dark as its all in my loft (away from my wife) and needs a better lighting system

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

i like it too. It's a very good start. I'll be interested to see more of it as you progress.

My only question at this point is: Is this a Redcoat fort or a Bluecoat fort? You're flying flags for both!

Thanks for the positive feedback and suggestions, still loads to do as still finding my feet at a design level

I like it. I recommend having a more creative water technique, like trans clear blue pieces.

Yes I will do when I get around to it :)

i like it too. It's a very good start. I'll be interested to see more of it as you progress.

My only question at this point is: Is this a Redcoat fort or a Bluecoat fort? You're flying flags for both!

I do have a similar size army of red and blue coats but the answer to your question will be redcoats, I didn't have a spare large redcoats flag so just propped up the blue one for the minute :)

I do have a similar size army of red and blue coats but the answer to your question will be redcoats, I didn't have a spare large redcoats flag so just propped up the blue one for the minute :)

Perhaps you need to stage a battle scene as the Bluecoats attempt to take the fort from the Redcoats. :wink:

Capt Wolf is right, you should have a Bluecoat vs Redcoat battle for the fort. Winner of the battle gets the fort and there flags flying freely above it, lol. Looking good so far. I have a similar imperial fort set up myself, except I added a bunch of the new 2015 Fort and outpost sets too.

Perhaps you need to stage a battle scene as the Bluecoats attempt to take the fort from the Redcoats. :wink:

Lol might have to try that :)

Capt Wolf is right, you should have a Bluecoat vs Redcoat battle for the fort. Winner of the battle gets the fort and there flags flying freely above it, lol. Looking good so far. I have a similar imperial fort set up myself, except I added a bunch of the new 2015 Fort and outpost sets too.

Thought about getting some new sets and trying to incorporate them in at some point, I will have to see how big my wallet is haha

Just realised at some point I will have to build another fort for the bluecoats haha oh well may have to make more room in the loft LOL

Edited by super_st

Hi there,

it's good to see a fort matching the style of the sets. Large defensive structures like this are desperately needed to defend all that official LEGO 'harbor madness'...

I like where this is going, modularity and coherence.

Keep it up!

Regards,

KB

Just placed a brick order, going to try and do a rock formation underneath the dark bluish grey section on the near left and also extend that all down the lefthand side. Hopefully that will look good :D Also go to pearl dark grey gates....see if i can fit them in somewhere LOL if not oh well.

Hopefully get some updated pics late next week.

Will try and get ships at the dock aswell :D I have the carribean clipper and the 6271 Imperial flagship, Only the small ones so should fit in nice