Kumbbl

LDraw PDF instructions for Lamborghini Aventador

It looks nice with the yellow rims. I know it's a bit tricky but try to make the lines of the roof a bit more curved. I highly recommend using pneumatic hoses made of polyurethane with diameter 4x2,5mm. Don't use pneumatic hoses which are as soft as the original lego ones, btw polyethylene is too stiff. Furthermore the hose over the rear wheel has to be put 2 studs inside the technic panel.

Yeah, the roof is a bit flimsy... I used 2 rigid hoses inside it to correct it, but it still shows a bit :grin:

Bricksafe photos and instructions are off. Can you please re-upload the files?

Just finished it last weekend. I think yellow rims look a little better :grin:

Agreed, I think you nailed it using those rims.

Nice model

They are down since the last big update of Bricksafe. I'll try to fix this.

Hi,

Bricksafe is online now. The new change is that you have 10GB of space now.

But there's another problem: I would recently upload an instruction update which contains 270mb (because of high 300 dpi resolution), but I cannot upload it, I get the message "413 Request Entity Too Large". The files sizes are limited to 100mb. But lots of my instructions have more than 100mb. Before the update, I could upload files at any sizes.

Is it possible to change the size limit?

Greetings

Alex

Hi,

Bricksafe is online now. The new change is that you have 10GB of space now.

But there's another problem: I would recently upload an instruction update which contains 270mb (because of high 300 dpi resolution), but I cannot upload it, I get the message "413 Request Entity Too Large". The files sizes are limited to 100mb. But lots of my instructions have more than 100mb. Before the update, I could upload files at any sizes.

Greetings

Alex

What you could do is create an rar file of the instructions and split them up in to 80 mb chunks that way the limit wont matter . You would then have 4 files to upload . Also helps people downloading them cause if you fails you only need to down load one 80mb file and not a large 270mb file again .

This is a tutorial on how to do it .

I think having that big filesizes is not normal even with 300 dpi. Okay, I might remember wrong....

Try to check your pdf printer/creator settings and look for jpg/or image compression or something and try some settings.

I do remember that with the right setting the filesize decreased to something like 10% without noticeable image quality degradation.

I would suggest getting in touch with Bricksafe support, you'll find the contact here

What rims are those in the yellow sample? I don't see them on http://wheels.sariel.pl/

The rims are not a standalone piece but rather made of bricks. You'll need one of 30033 and eight of 61252 and eight of 49668 per wheel.

Edited by zux

I think having that big filesizes is not normal even with 300 dpi. Okay, I might remember wrong....

Try to check your pdf printer/creator settings and look for jpg/or image compression or something and try some settings.

Thanks for the tip.

I've found this: http://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

In combination with 7-zip I've solved it and got a reduced file from 272MB to 83MB :classic:

Greetings

Alex

On 11.5.2015 at 7:41 PM, stefan_betula_pendula said:

I know it's a bit tricky but try to make the lines of the roof a bit more curved. I highly recommend using pneumatic hoses made of polyurethane with diameter 4x2,5mm.

For this i cheated a bit with my lamborghini. There are two bent axles in the roof and 2 mm stable wire ( stainless gardening-wire ) in all the hoses. The ends of the wires look out of the hoses, are wrapped with some tape and then stick in the Lego parts. With that, there are no partial shadows or thickening on the ends on the translucent tubes and the wire is invisible. For example, the wires for the roof run continuously through the front hoses and along to the back through the short hoses. This design is very stable and allows a faithful reproduction of the contours.

My favorite LEGO-Model. Thanks to stefan.