Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

Resizing Images Using BBCode

I have read through the image posting tutorials and I understand how to post appropriately sized images from Flickr or another image hosting site where I have control of the uploads.

However, I have recently been trying to post images linked from other sites where I do not have upload control - i.e. Lego catalogue scans, etc. Sometimes these images exceed the sensible image guidelines (circa 800 x 600), but due to copyright issues, I'm a bit cagey about reposting them to my own Flickr stream.

I did a Google search on how to resize images using BBCode, and found this tutorial. I've tried the following code:

100x50

and

width=100" height="50

with images but neither of these were successful.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to use code like this on EB and what the correct syntax is?

If it is not possible what is a good way to link these images without posting the huge originals (and potentially being in breach of the agreed image etiquette)?

I apologise in advance if this is covered elsewhere and I missed it :blush:

However, I have recently been trying to post images linked from other sites where I do not have upload control - i.e. Lego catalogue scans, etc. Sometimes these images exceed the sensible image guidelines (circa 800 x 600), but due to copyright issues, I'm a bit cagey about reposting them to my own Flickr stream.

You can post the images as private on Flickr, they will not show up for other users, but it will work linking them directly.

Trying to use BBCode to resize the image is a bad idea since the huge original will be downloaded and then only shown in a smaller size on the screen.