Electricsteam

[WIP] Appalachian Town

Here is my first layout project, I'm really excited my head is bouncing around with ideas.

I really want the layout to be mobile since it won't be very big.

I'm going to base it off the Appalachian Mountains, its going to be a small town surrounded by mountains . There will be two loops of narrow gauge rail, one for passenger train a coal train since coal mining is a big thing in the region.

I'll be working on the town area here and the trains over on the Traintech fourms.

I plan the make the layout one green and two large grey by two large grey plates, just big enough to fit the two loops

Hopefully I can make it viewable on all sides EX. on the back side there is an opening so you can see the coal mine.

Here is the first chunck

YlZnHZO.jpg?1

One of the workers laying out the gravel

Hr8G6p1.jpg?1

The roads are rather small just big enough for two 4-wide cars

Roads up there are pretty small.

Here are some side things that I might hide in the mountains themself..

A small peek at a mini luray caverns

Moonshine cave

Dino bones!

Tell me what you guys think!

Looking good at the moment......interesting town idea 'Electricsteam'.......keep going and Brick On ! :grin:

It's a daunting project for me I really want to make this becausenI think it would be a neat diffrent kind of layout I'm going to set up the roads and grass on this plate and set the base for the first corner of the mountain... I think using the flower stems as grass gives a really nice feel.

A mini update...

I got more of the grass down and put down the plates for the rails.

YkFqfce.jpg?1

Neat tiny thing I discovered!

Realistic gutters!

1s18sbQ.jpg?1

ewEc4kW.jpg?1

i4TVr8l.jpg?1

Yup, I'm definitely stealing that gutter design! It's just too brilliant!

Why did you choose to make your building(s) so small? (not criticizing btw, just curious) Do you like the esthetics of tiny houses or was it more a way to conserve space or bricks? Are you planning on adding more levels to your home?

Edited by Bennemans

Yup, I'm definitely stealing that gutter design! It's just too brilliant!

Why did you choose to make your building(s) so small? (not criticizing btw, just curious) Do you like the esthetics of tiny houses or was it more a way to conserve space or bricks? Are you planning on adding more levels to your home?

It's a fairly small layout, I have this thin space for homes and businesses between a circle of narrow gauge rail loop, I may have another thing strip behind the second loop and between the mountain but no room for a road, probably a path but not a road. Also I was watching a lot of tiny house nation on FYI.... I might add a half house maybe on a small plateau on the mountains. maybe have a home or two built into the mountain.

Also mountain building is strangely relaxing

Edited by Electricsteam

Your daily update!

I am planning out a bit of a general store

Trying to keep a minor art deco style with the curves.

AiQexvl.jpg?1

I really want to keep a big open window for the store front, I'm taking some inspiration from lightningtigers town.

Another test rockwall

a3Z8gaU.jpg?1

I think this looks much much nicer, I want to get some of the upside down 3 tall slope.

Looking good so far.... I love watching how people's towns develop and it's especially nice to see a smaller layout design. Can't wait to see how you get on!!

I'm going to take a small break for a while while I get an area set up and work on recipe I'm trying to perfect, I did have some small guideline built out \, I guess I'll post those soon/